• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon VII Owners Thread

Associate
Well, thinking EK block for the vii, probably another EK block for the 1600 unless aquacomputer get their act together and I can get a bracket conversion for my old cuplex kryos (3 months wait.....) and then re use my old DDC pump/res/2x 240 rads/ soft tubing that I had for my i5 2500k. I can make it look pretty later. Oh, and got my eye on a lian li pc-011 dynamic to replace my aged but amazing antec 1200.

Associate
Well, thinking EK block for the vii, probably another EK block for the 1600 unless aquacomputer get their act together and I can get a bracket conversion for my old cuplex kryos (3 months wait.....) and then re use my old DDC pump/res/2x 240 rads/ soft tubing that I had for my i5 2500k. I can make it look pretty later. Oh, and got my eye on a lian li pc-011 dynamic to replace my aged but amazing antec 1200.
Sounds good to me. The EK block is very good. I had a long session on "Control" last night and the peak junction was 60C with a max edge of just 35C.
I'd consider updating to a 3600 too, I just swapped my brother from a 1700 @ 3.9Ghz to a 3600.

Associate
Sounds good to me. The EK block is very good. I had a long session on "Control" last night and the peak junction was 60C with a max edge of just 35C.
I'd consider updating to a 3600 too, I just swapped my brother from a 1700 @ 3.9Ghz to a 3600.
Yeah, it's all a matter of finance though. I don't reckon I'd see a massive jump in performance (other than the 1%/0.1% loss we'd discussed previous for the better part of £200 that the 3600 would cost. Where as for the same money, I could give my whole system a much needed overhaul and get both cpu and gpu back under water. Might find I've got an awesome overclocker in my vii if I can keep the temps under control :)

Associate
@Chud_Jenny, @Breezer_, whats the consensus on these waterblocks then? EK block at £125 or Bykski at £109 from the 'Bay.....

Both look great no doubt, is the Bykski block a contender? Ordered most of the stuff now, just can't make my mind up on the block itself...
My Ek Block is very good, I used EK on my vega 64 too. I seem to be running at 35c edge 60c junction peak now, is in a large loop though.
Give sales a ring and they'll sort the price out on the EK block for you as they are reduced on the EK site now.
https://www.ekwb.com/shop/water-blocks/vga-blocks/full-cover-for-amd-radeon/radeon-vii-series

Associate
Associate
Sounds good to me. The EK block is very good. I had a long session on "Control" last night and the peak junction was 60C with a max edge of just 35C..
With what voltage, freq and power limit?
Let's compare with my Alphacool eiswolf's AIO. Let's say in 3dmark stress test.

Associate
With the current broken drivers I'm running 1800mhz@950mv 1140HBM +0% power.
I'll run a FS Ultra stress test now and post the results for you. I'll take note of ambient temp too.
Ok, the non broken driver is 19.7.5.
I will post results with the same params in the evening.
And in addition I will post at 1218mv, 2100MHz, +99% power (my max stable without crossing 1218mv)

Associate
This is my rig and my max overclock and temps in Ultra.
main temp 43 and 107 junction at
2080MHz, 1218mv and 1140 memory

Last edited:
Associate
Well, she's back up together and running sweet, temps down under load to 64c hot spot, well chuffed.

Time to mess about with fan speeds vs cooling ability and start seeing what clocks I can get :D

Thanks for the advice all
Good to hear! You'll have to share some pics.
It's a shame drivers still haven't sorted out the core speed issue. 19.9.3 does have:
Radeon Image Sharpening
  • Now available on Radeon VII, Radeon RX Vega 64, Radeon RX Vega 56 and Radeon Vega Frontier Edition graphics products for DirectX®12 and Vulkan® applications.
Which is a nice addition.

Associate
Will do :) Still waiting on a few bit and bobs before its done. Fans etc but really happy with my first effort at both W/Cing a gfx card and hardline tubing! :D

I'll read back through the posts but whats broken with the drivers? Hopefully nothing too serious... like overclocking support....

Associate
Will do :) Still waiting on a few bit and bobs before its done. Fans etc but really happy with my first effort at both W/Cing a gfx card and hardline tubing! :D

I'll read back through the posts but whats broken with the drivers? Hopefully nothing too serious... like overclocking support....
Overclocking is broken from after 19.7.5. You can change HBM clocks but core clocks just don't apply!
I've been running 1800mhz @ 950mv with 1140mhz HBM on recent drivers.

Back
Top Bottom