• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Man of Honour
Is there anyway to remove\stop Mandatory Login of Geforce Experience?

What I'm doing at the moment is extracting the installer with 7-zip, deleting the nvtelemetry folder then pointing the update driver button for the graphics hardware in device manager at the extracted folder. Hoping one day nVidia see some sense and produce an installer/GeForce Experience that lets the user take more control over what they install, etc. a lot of the features in GFE I have no desire to even have installed or running though I do miss Shadowplay.

Soldato
OP
Indeed, it's utterly ridiculous and scaremongering.

Is it?

In the picture below, default on the left is what Nvidia drivers will install. Notice Telemetry that's Nvidia's own spyware. The rest is bloatware and extra backround process not needed for driver.

T4dUSzZ.png

On the right is what I install, small, clean install. Not ridiculous or scaremongering, just fact. There is a lot of bloat included with Nvidia's drivers. Run autoruns on your own PC and see just how much Nvidia stuff is on there.

Each to their own but I prefer a clean install.

Man of Honour
Notice Telemetry that's Nvidia's own spyware.
Telemetry is not Spyware. No one is denying that it isn't bloatware, most software applications are like that these days but to label telemetry data as spyware is just plain incorrect.

The Oxford Dictionary said:
spyware is software that enables somebody to obtain secret information about somebody else and their computer activities without their knowledge or permission

It's just scaremongering by people on forums who don't understand how things work. It's not too dissimilar to people rhetorically posting that Windows 10 is in fact spyware as well. As is Google Chrome etc etc. Nonsense. It sends application data back to developers, anonymously, so that they can improve the products, or in the case of Windows 10 and Chrome, to show you targeted ads (which you can opt out of). No different than data about games, settings, PC specs, again being sent anonymously, to allow GeForce Experience to do its thing. You may not use the software but I'd wager non-technical people do. NVidia aren't sat there hoovering up your passwords and web browsing history without your consent like Spyware would. If they were, people far cleverer than us would have found out and there'd be lawsuits galore.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
A heads up for those of you who do not look in the PC Games free games section very often,

6 Batman titles available for free on EPIC

These games are in two packages

One is the Arkham trilogy

Arkham Asylum,
Arkham City &
Arkham Knight

The other is the Lego trilogy:

Batman,
Batman 2 &
Batman 3

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/collection/batman-free-week
Got them all already, but even if I did not I would still not sign up. Epic on the other hand will be sending $29 to my paypal account for my Shenmue 3 refund :D

Associate
Scary to see Nvidia telemetry requests if you run a pihole with the right blocklists.
mine tried to phone home 30k+ times in 3 days, thats a bit too much if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom