Borderlands 3

Soldato
Total lack of console reviews put me off and so far it just looks like more Borderlands which after multiple games each with DLC isn't grabbing me. If it had VR day one then I'd give it a go but I'll likely wait for a GOTY edition.

Soldato
I have it ready for me when I get home :D can’t wait ! Tried staying up til midnight last night to play, but drifted off by 11:30 haha.

a lot of people are liking it so far apparently

Soldato
Well there ain't a lot of love in the console section is there? Is nobody interested?

I've been hyped for ages, I'm a huge BL fan, played them all and all the doc on xbox, ps4 and on PC. Which probably equates to something like 30 playthroughs across the games with different characters etc.

I'm rushing through work as I speak to get home and dominate it this whole weekend.

Will be playing this on ps4 until steam release in 6 months then for it all again haha. I've no problems double dipping for BL.

Associate
Total lack of console reviews put me off and so far it just looks like more Borderlands which after multiple games each with DLC isn't grabbing me. If it had VR day one then I'd give it a go but I'll likely wait for a GOTY edition.

Massive fan of Borderlands old, Platinum dedication.

Booked a week off a while ago as Destiny was due to drop too, but got put back to Oct.

I pre-ordered the £90 version of B3, but wasn't finding revisiting B2 and the DLC much fun now I have Destiny to play.

Once reviews started to trickle, my overwhelming though was this game will drop in price quickly, added to the above and Destiny being out in three weeks. Cancelled the pre-order and I'll just wait now until disc versions second hand or new drop to the £30 region or if I get drowned in Destniy will pick it up GOTY or next time off.

Associate
I hope this game is going to behave itself. My PS4 Pro is sounding like a jet engine playing in resolution mode. The game crashed after just 30 mins of playtime.

I've put in around 6 hours yesterday on Xbox X running performance mode, no problems at all.

Everyone else in my group had zero problems so far, plus console silent ;)

It's not holding 60fps, few drops going on.

Caporegime
Going to try performance mode today. Even though I love the clarity of 4K, I'm going to have to go with the higher frame rate for a game like this. Hopefully it will not make as much noise. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Going to try performance mode today. Even though I love the clarity of 4K, I'm going to have to go with the higher frame rate for a game like this. Hopefully it will not make as much noise. :rolleyes:
I hate the noise of my pro. Wish I had bought the Xbox instead. Hopefully ps5 will be quieter. Not gonna bank on it though.

wish 3pm would hurry up so I can finish work, go home and play this. Ugh

Soldato
Am I missing something, I always play on console with my wife in split screen, but there doesn't appear to be option of going vertical or horizontal split screen in this one.

UI is an absolute mess, or at least in this split screen. Text to small, UI is hard to read etc. I can't believe theres no vertical split screen option.

Performance is terrible, forget playing in 4k on console. Game is great so far though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Am I missing something, I always play on console with my wife in split screen, but there doesn't appear to be option of going vertical or horizontal split screen in this one.

UI is an absolute mess, or at least in this split screen. Text to small, UI is hard to read etc. I can't believe theres no vertical split screen option.

Performance is terrible, forget playing in 4k on console. Game is great so far though.

I was hoping for Consol players feedback on here as every review is pc, does make me wonder if Consol has been gimped a tad

Soldato
I was hoping for Consol players feedback on here as every review is pc, does make me wonder if Consol has been gimped a tad

PC is my preferred but we can't play split screen on that so I'm roughing it on the console, it ain't a great experience on ps4 pro so far.

I see its kicking off on forums regarding the vertical split screen ommission and horrendous UI. Shame. When you chose resolution over performance to me it feels like it's running about 20fps. Its shocking. Performance is better but it looks quite rough in split screen as everything is so small.

Last edited:
Soldato
PC is my preferred but we can't play split screen on that so I'm roughing it on the console, it ain't a great experience on ps4 pro so far.

I see its kicking off on forums regarding the vertical split screen ommission and horrendous UI. Shame. When you chose resolution over performance to me it feels like it's running about 20fps. Its shocking. Performance is better but it looks quite rough in split screen as everything is so small.
A patch should sort any performance issues out. Just give it a few days.

Caporegime
There will have to be patches. I spotted something during the UI tutorial where some of the screens still had placeholder text in them! Heading 1, Title 1, Description 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. I was a bit gobsmacked at how that had got through internal testing. I wonder if they've rushed it out the door to keep to the publishing date.

I don't normally buy on release because of things like this - especially when you are paying through the nose as well - but I love Borderlands so much I couldn't wait.

Soldato
Split screen Coop is an absolute mess to be honest. Terrible horizontal split, horrible menus, text way to small, menu is incredibly leggy if one player goes into it whilst the other doesn't, it's like a slide show.

https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/horizontal-splitscreen/3102876/92

It's a shame as the game itself is brilliant, but the enjoyment of playing this local coop split screen with the wife is just outright terrible. In the past it's been wonderful. No idea how this kinda stuff hasn't been tested and improved.

Caporegime
Well that sucks. One of the main reasons for me buying it on PS4 instead of PC was the local split-screen co-op. If it's buggered I won't be best pleased. Sony don't offer refunds on digital purchases in any circumstances do they?

Back
Top Bottom