OcUK Rolling Road Day 23 @ TDR & Caffeine and Machine (Warwickshire) - Saturday 26th October 2019

Soldato
Anybody here have an OBD2 diagnostic tool that I could borrow & return?

I've a Viper alarm fitted which imbolises the OBD and seems to need a bit of faffing to establish a connection when my Indy uses their Autologic diagnostic kit :o

Usually within 5-10 mins or so of unlocking, turning on/off and sticking the car in & out of Valet mode it works but would be keen to actually establish what really needs to be done to save causing a delay on the day :)

Man of Honour
Anybody here have an OBD2 diagnostic tool that I could borrow & return?

I've a Viper alarm fitted which imbolises the OBD and seems to need a bit of faffing to establish a connection when my Indy uses their Autologic diagnostic kit :o

Usually within 5-10 mins or so of unlocking, turning on/off and sticking the car in & out of Valet mode it works but would be keen to actually establish what really needs to be done to save causing a delay on the day :)
How smart do you need it to be? I've got a basic Bluetooth ELM327 floating around that'll do read/clear codes and live data I can bring that you can have

Soldato
OP
No need to apologise.

**Right some important information which you all need to look into/action.**

Today I visited TDR to talk a few things over (more on this to follow). The first thing is the number of cars is definitely capped at 15 and it is unlikely to change on the day.

The important part is this... The dyno is a DynoDynamics rolling road, but it is running Dyno Developments software. This means there are apparently some limitations with cars with Haldex or similar.

Therefore please can you all ensure you look into things like dyno modes for your car, or ways of locking/disabling Haldex if possible. This will save time, hassle, and more importantly upset, on the day.

If you are unsure for whatever reason, please let me know and I will reach out to TDR and/or Dyno Developments for confirmation on whether or not your car will run without issue.

I will happily refund anyone who has paid so far if it is deemed that their car will not run successfully for whatever reason prior to the day.

Thanks all.

Caporegime
What about very low cars? My exhaust hangs about 2 inches off the floor. (if that) :p

Also having second thoughts because with fuel + cost of the runs it will be over £120 for the day out, plus food at Caffeine & Machine... :(

Soldato
OP
On another unrelated note.

If anyone is interested in having a "Top Trumps" style card made for their car (amongst a pack of other cars ofc) then this can be sorted on the day too.

AMuPwTl5Iy8fXayzEOIHvqk1nqqfhEKRQ6O4m4wYZcW-_yK-ZLjq134sCcI6NTBVMjxm_vgLgktmJhrUQwv9q9jPjECqk_CawhXder9df_pFC1StU7DRVmHBz0lQx-AqCIanD2WP2lCkLKObi0LQXYm1szfaHJ74cwair8Wc032RinPURLFbwKDQEw1mMo2lrq92-T74C9lK7yR7j6aMi9NEZWg0InOvVpp9Le68ijYplJyj7BauXugxuguIDmDJXX0ZPpqj3Bx4BzsES3OBj2kVgYrD4nhY-cbpHuqr57eQMcnp0fysp6mATpqnxq5-o0Wfu-EnxqoXROUrLuE9r-8Lh00-ihWXTIjWgnhmxc1dnsTTdZipMrGL5ls9VsHee-6n-OXmw_pTb0pmXbb8Zqz0b6ShD-Mngk2MJKg1QDAPMkvzET2a-ItvbAGOKrpZFp_nuhav44AOv7usOT0FCfvWsQB4eg_j8KcYXtlRNgtMKkpU8A-pn4rnfsvqtqKOYeWRlhDwF2MWt0YRBxI-7_lCbdbPWMS99isIbOw3N1MZBa7vrIbHtdVwAMr8BLQwBNv4xTF1ZqiPIN6cug1Ybf711QkSaWVfikTSO8XH94KnRVApcWI0YN45cPEY93Bn_wlU8Qap48R8H3rB_b_Rx-noJLkN_2nfeP2b4Qy7ItXpn-Egz12vw3Wao__A3Z2EJp0N9nCr3bljq-DwDWBna0slVm-R=w1292-h970-no

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom