BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Off to see a 2015 320i m sport. Not the most exciting engine I know but on paper in similar to my Scirocco (I think).
What should I look out for? Not visually sold on it as it's in traveling salesman silver, but current deal too good to not check it out as a starting point.

Associate
I’ve got an 335i E92 (N55) FBO with a jb4, it’s around 400bhp. Decent motor, although had an issue with the water pump which cost me £998 to fix, was a nightmare 400 miles from home. Also gone through 3 coolant tanks (easy fix), they fracture easy. Got rid of the run flats, that helped. Don’t have to worry about my fillings either now.

Other than that she’s been good to me for 50k+ miles.

alx

alx

Soldato
Quoting myself here for prosperity. I think the car knew I wrote this post, as it threw an EML the day before the warranty expired! 30FF - Charge Pipe Boost Pressure low.

Fortunately it was nothing expensive, 2 sensors in the end. MAF and a Boost Pressure sensor replaced, but 6 hours labour working that out and 10 days 4-series rental added up to a very hefty bill! Fair to say I have now renewed the warranty, and will never question the BMW gods again :).

I owned a Z4 35is for a while, no major issues however the previous owner had the DCT gearbox replaced under warranty, would have cost well north of £5k if he'd had to pay for it himself.

Soldato
Just dropped my 5 series off for a service (fuel filter etc) and they called to say they checked the car and it required an additional check at the cost of £81+vat purely to see if there is any other issues? I’ve said no unless there are warning lights on (which I’ve not seen myself) is this normal practice to charge for a vehicle check to see if there are any other issues?

Associate
Part ex my F25 X3 for a new X5. BMW are a bit desperate to sell cars, so I ended up with about -18% on the car, plus a few extra incentives... The F25 was 7 years old, 99k miles and this is a HUGE upgrade, the tech is incredible really, amazingly comfy while nimble on twisty roads, uncanny stuff.
It's pretty loaded, Tech pack, confort pack, heat pack, toebar, leather dash, skylounge roof etc etc.

X08DHec.jpg

Man of Honour
Just dropped my 5 series off for a service (fuel filter etc) and they called to say they checked the car and it required an additional check at the cost of £81+vat purely to see if there is any other issues? I’ve said no unless there are warning lights on (which I’ve not seen myself) is this normal practice to charge for a vehicle check to see if there are any other issues?

If it's due a Vehicle Check then this is part of the servicing requirements of the car. This is the inspection part of the old inspection 1 and 2 services, it was split out to be a seperate element when they moved to condition based servicing.

Whilst I'm sure there is an arguement in favour of not bothering, if you've taken it to BMW for a main dealer service for your history it would seem counter productive to then ignore the service schedule. So, if it really is the vehicle check element and not just some random thing then I'd advise doing it.

Back
Top Bottom