LG 38GL950G - 3840x1600/G-Sync/144Hz

Associate
I can only imagine then maybe it will be a February 2020 release for Europe. I remember reading that some place because if USA is Oct 23rd expected availability you would imagine preorders would pop up for Europe there is zippo for Europe pre orders.

We've had it up for pre-order since June 11 here in Sweden, and a second online retailer popped up in early august.

Last edited:
Associate
We've had it up for pre-order since June 11 here in Sweden, and a second online retailer popped up in early august.

It is a bit rich to have an item up for pre order on 11th June & 3 months later you are still waiting that just sounds ridiculous and from what I am reading it could be any time between now and February next year ROFL, I would have purchased something else already if it were me to be honest, I will wait another couple of months and if no confirmation of a release date is available with a concrete pre order then i'll simply buy the X35 by that time the X35 should have settled down any maybe a better batch will be released.

When I google LG38GL950G pre order nothing shows up on any search engine as being made available for pre order, maybe you can elighten us with the web address if that is ok to do so better ask before you provide the link as you dont want to get into bother as I doubt overclockers would appreciate the competition.

Last edited:
Associate
It is a bit rich to have an item up for pre order on 11th June & 3 months later you are still waiting that just sounds ridiculous and from what I am reading it could be any time between now and February next year ROFL, I would have purchased something else already if it were me to be honest, I will wait another couple of months and if no confirmation of a release date is available with a concrete pre order then i'll simply buy the X35 by that time the X35 should have settled down any maybe a better batch will be released.

When I google LG38GL950G pre order nothing shows up on any search engine as being made available for pre order, maybe you can elighten us with the web address if that is ok to do so better ask before you provide the link as you dont want to get into bother as I doubt overclockers would appreciate the competition.

The company is called inet. It is the best PC component retailer here in Sweden and they're always the first to get the latest stuff. People who had pre-ordered the 27 inch GL850 from them got their monitor on july 31. They (and I eagerly) are awaiting the damned 38GL950 on the 25th of october.

Associate
that thing is a myst

It is not a myth, on the contrary it will be released in the USA 23rd October and should follow in Europe a short time after that who knows as LG are not very accurate even with product spec until release day as they love to keep people guessing as we are chatting here gives LG a platform that people are chatting about their yet to be release product, no doubt they’ll just spring it on pre order here in Europe somewhere between now and February, if pre orders are not available between now and November I’ll just order the X35 then LG can release this thing in the next 100 years for all I would acre after that, ROFL. I would love the bigger screen size but I won't wait indefinitely, hopefully the X35 faults will be ironed out by then and enough reviews will be published and hopefully a new batch will be released fixing the faults on the 1st generation X35's. That is my reason waiting on the LG as I would prefer to buy the LG. Do not want to buy a monitor just to serve me for a couple of months as that would be throwing money away.

Associate
The company is called inet. It is the best PC component retailer here in Sweden and they're always the first to get the latest stuff. People who had pre-ordered the 27 inch GL850 from them got their monitor on july 31. They (and I eagerly) are awaiting the damned 38GL950 on the 25th of october.

Thank you for the link they are giving a dispatch date of 25th October costing 24 990Kr Swedish Krona converted to Sterling Pounds = £2098 holy **** that is as expensive as the x35 so only £102 saved ROFL.

Associate
So if this thing is being released in the USA & Europe round about the same time why is no one able to sell this in the UK as a pre order maybe someone here can ask a dev who is a long time member of the forums and ask that specific question to get an answer.

Associate
Tried to place an order but I cant proceed with payment as they do not post to the UK, dang. I will send them a query and ask can I purchase and can they ship to UK i’ll let yaw all know what they say when I hear back and that’s assuming they even acknowledge my e mail.

Disregard the above this company is charging a premium for releasing it first as the x35 is £120 more expensive than what it is available for in the UK, so i'll just wait on a UK release save some ££££££'s

Last edited:
Associate
Tried to place an order but I cant proceed with payment as they do not post to the UK, dang. I will send them a query and ask can I purchase and can they ship to UK i’ll let yaw all know what they say when I hear back and that’s assuming they even acknowledge my e mail.

Disregard the above this company is charging a premium for releasing it first as the x35 is £120 more expensive than what it is available for in the UK, so i'll just wait on a UK release save some ££££££'s

Actually they are not charging any premium. It's the fact that Swedish VAT is a ridiculous 20% so that adds 5000 swedish crowns + other unnecessary swedish taxes to the already expensive 20000 crowns. The other company that I mentioned (called Elgiganten) which started taking pre-orders in early august are charging a 2000 crowns premium even though they will be getting it the same time as inet if not later.

Associate
The X35 and the PG35VQ cost a whopping 32000kr here in Sweden which equates to £2665 so the difference here is pretty big. Also i'll never be buying an AUO panel again since most (if not all) of them have color banding issues according to my testing.

Soldato
I've pretty much given up on expecting to own this monitor any more. The release has been a car crash from the initial announcement, and pricing if as hefty as above is an absolute joke.

Associate
I've pretty much given up on expecting to own this monitor any more. The release has been a car crash from the initial announcement, and pricing if as hefty as above is an absolute joke.

Yeah I've been looking for this monitor for a while and decided I don't really care about it anymore.
It's gonna be far too expensive, despite the fact you will probably need a 2080ti to run 1600p on games at decent settings

So instead, I bought myself a new LG 34GK950F monitor from here and I am so impressed by it so far. Just the sheer vibrance of colours makes IPS win my heart over any VA panel.
Of course, IPS comes with its issues, the only one this monitor exhibits is significant BLB in the bottom left corner. Does anyone have any ideas to mitigate or fix this?

Associate
all i want to know: is there a fan or not

so i can go with the 34GK950 or AW3420

I can almost guarantee that there will be a fan in the 38GL950G since it uses a v2 GSYNC fpga and those things get boiling hot so im 90% sure there will be a fan in it. The question is if it will be one of those annoying ones with sudden jumps like the ones in the AUO monitors or a fine tuned one.

Associate
I can almost guarantee that there will be a fan in the 38GL950G since it uses a v2 GSYNC fpga and those things get boiling hot so im 90% sure there will be a fan in it. The question is if it will be one of those annoying ones with sudden jumps like the ones in the AUO monitors or a fine tuned one.

No one knows yet which G-sync modular its using. According to Nvidias homepage it doesnt use the "ultimate" version.

Source: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/g-sync-monitors/specs/

Back
Top Bottom