Misgendering? Sam Smith is now they or them, not he or him?!

Soldato
I don't care. I'll still call you he/him and tell you to grow up.

Absolute weirdos. I hate the fact this retarded regressive nonsense is infecting the UK fresh out of America. I'm absolutely happy to call a trans person he/her or whatever....

But people will still introduce him as Mr? :D

I think non-binary tend to use Mx for their title. That's going by one of the regular customers from my previous workplace.

It doesn't bother me personally, but I know it's going to cause confusion with letters, medical, legal, passports etc, and they'll need to be aware of this and that it's their prerogative.

Caporegime
If I spotted him in the street I would say he/him. I would be equally annoyed if they addressed me as it/they etc but I wouldn't make a fuss out of it. We had a transgender at work for a few months and it was very difficult as their manager. I kept putting my foot in it as my brain has been trained to respond to female/male for the past 33 years. Kept calling him m8 all the time! In the end I just ended up avoiding him as much as possible. What was even more weird is he had a girlfriend but identified as a lesbian. It's quite sad really as these people need medical help and I did feel sorry for him as you could see his life wasn't easy.

Associate
The segregation they/them are pushing is more harmful than anyone could even imagine. The long term will be only worst. Short sighted.
The fact that most of the related events are on media is mainly attention seeking, than anything else.
I don't remember years ago, when as a kid, my parents saying: don't speak with that person because he/she is gay. Don't listen to that song because the singer is gay. Don't go in this restaurant because they're vegan.
Live and let live.
Back home I would be classified as white, but in UK, mixed race. Should I force every single soul to accept me as white?

Man of Honour
It doesn't bother me personally, but I know it's going to cause confusion with letters, medical, legal, passports etc,

I know you worked at County where they use an Incident reporting system called DATIX. I leaned over to one of the DATIX Admin team members and jokingly told them off for using the word Gender with only two options on the form - male or female. Somebody will complain.

What was even more weird is he had a girlfriend but identified as a lesbian

My recently departed drummer also identified as lesbian.
Her long term girlfriend left her because she couldn't cope with a hairy man turning into a beautiful woman and now she has found another girlfriend.
The bit I don't get is that if the other girl is a lesbian which I was told she is, then what about the thing between the legs!

Man of Honour
If someone wanted me to call them ‘they’, then I would find it a bit odd, grammatically and otherwise, but I would oblige. It does me no harm.

The same person certainly couldn’t get legitimately upset with anyone who used ‘he/she’ in error, since that is the common language used.

Perhaps they could be annoyed by someone that bullishly said ‘no I will call you what I want and your preferences are stupid’.

All mutual respect, really. Not difficult.

Soldato
I know you worked at County where they use an Incident reporting system called DATIX. I leaned over to one of the DATIX Admin team members and jokingly told them off for using the word Gender with only two options on the form - male or female. Somebody will complain.

So what if they complain. There ARE only 2 sexes/genders until someone can prove otherwise using science.

Associate
So can they be non-binary and gay since they are now not assigned as a man?

Are they going to have have to exclude themself from all gendered music awards categories

If they are trying to artificially alter the English language to massage their ego then I expect them to buy into it 100%

Just edited my post and realised it looks like I'm taking about a group

Last edited:
Soldato
So can they be non-binary and gay since they are now not assigned as a man?

Are they going to have have to exclude themself from all gendered music awards categories

If they are trying to artificially alter the English language to massage their ego then I expect them to buy into it 100%

Just edited my post and realised it looks like I'm taking about a group

Yep no male or female awards :D

Also I wonder what they put down on things like insurance. I bet they won't play along.

Associate
I believe people can identify to what every they like and I have no issue with them what so ever. I only recognize male or female, anyone that identifies other side of that are gay, so Sam is a gay male.

Back
Top Bottom