• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

rx 5700 bios flashing gains

Associate
Oh wow, so it's another Vega 56/64 situation but slightly trickier to get more out of the 5700 because they've tried to lock it down? This makes the 5700 the card to get right now if this is true

Permabanned
£320 for the Powercolor reference from the rainforest, £125 for the EK block on a dubious site. That's £35 cheaper than the 5700 XT Pulse.

Can always buy from EK directly at same price.....

I think I'd prefer to spend the extra £35 on the XT Pulse, It's still faster & you have a warranty which you likely lose when adding the block & changing the bios. Actually I'd add another tenner & go for the XT Red Devil, that's a much safer bet than buying a 5700 & risking a loss.

Soldato
I think I'd prefer to spend the extra £35 on the XT Pulse, It's still faster & you have a warranty which you likely lose when adding the block & changing the bios. Actually I'd add another tenner & go for the XT Red Devil, that's a much safer bet than buying a 5700 & risking a loss.
Indeed, however my comment wasn't intended as buying advice or a preferred route. Merely substantiating wash's theory as a factual reality.

Personally I'd get the 5700 XT and whack a block on that instead :p

Permabanned
Indeed, however my comment wasn't intended as buying advice or a preferred route. Merely substantiating wash's theory as a factual reality.

Personally I'd get the 5700 XT and whack a block on that instead :p

What benefits do you think are likely going from something say an XT Red Devil to a watercooled XT?

From what I've read they seem to be pretty much balls to the walls performance wise...

Soldato
What benefits do you think are likely going from something say an XT Red Devil to a watercooled XT?

From what I've read they seem to be pretty much balls to the walls performance wise...
Why do people think water cooling is only about clocking the **** off of something? People do water cool for the temperate decrease y'know, and a watercooled XT will be cooler than any AIB.

Soldato
Sometimes things just simply run better with cooler temps as well. I noticed that a lot using Nvidia cards which thermal throttle quite early.

Back
Top Bottom