**ASUS ROG STRIX GOLD PSU'S REPORTING FOR DUTY**

Associate
ASUS ROG have added two new PSU's to their lineup. The ROG STRIX Series is the Gold Certified brother of the mighty ROG THOR Platinum PSU's.

The new Gold Rated PSU's retain the THOR's impressive cooling innovations, this means huge ROG Heatsinks across the internal components and Powerful fans with Axial-Tech fan design.
Being Gold Rated and lower Wattages, the STRIX Series comes in cheaper than the ROG THOR but still retains the 10 Year warranty - with the OEM being Seasonic, this was to be expected.

Theres a quirky new feature too! For those of you that cannot make up your mid if the ROG STRIX Gold looks better with Red Inscriptions Or Silver or even just the ROG badge, you can chop and change all you want!
The badges and inscription panels are magnetic, they can be swapped whenever you like!

Available to Pre-Order now with stock landing later this week although this stock is very limited, therefore I would advise ordering ASAP to avoid disappointment.

ASUS ROG STRIX 650W 80 Plus Gold Modular Power Supply @ £124.99 inc VAT

ROG Heatsinks, Dual Ball Fan Bearings, 80 Plus Gold Certification, Fully Modular, Cosmetic Customisation, 10 Year Manufacturers Warranty

Only £124.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

ASUS ROG STRIX 750W 80 Plus Gold Modular Power Supply @ £139.99 inc VAT

ROG Heatsinks, Dual Ball Fan Bearings, 80 Plus Gold Certification, Fully Modular, Cosmetic Customisation, 10 Year Manufacturers Warranty

Only £139.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Associate
OP
Nice to see the ROG tax costing double what a would cost Seasonic Prime 750w (when it's on a deal) :D
ASUS have done some work inside the PSU too. I'ts not just a straight up Seasonic rebadge. Chunky Heatsinks, Powerful fan with silent mode.

80_plusgold_2.jpg

Associate
No cables ?
I'm not sure I follow?
i think he means these, there are no pics
Fully Modular Cables - Plug in:
Keep your rig neat and tidy with fully modular cables. One 24-pin, two 6+2-pin PCI-e, and two 8-pin CPU cables come with embedded capacitors that reduce voltage ripple, and the included CableMod coupon will set you on your way towards next-level customization.

Associate
OP
i think he means these, there are no pics
Fully Modular Cables - Plug in:
Keep your rig neat and tidy with fully modular cables. One 24-pin, two 6+2-pin PCI-e, and two 8-pin CPU cables come with embedded capacitors that reduce voltage ripple, and the included CableMod coupon will set you on your way towards next-level customization.
I was going to say, Yes it comes with cables. Funnily enough, I didnt have any images of the in the Product Setup File. May have to do some Hunting...

Soldato
No cables ?
With Asus and ROG it wouldn't surprise me if they don't come with cables, you have to buy those RGB cables separate at the same cost as the PSU! /s . Sorry to keep bashing, just does my nog in to see such overpriced stuff, excluding Ryzen and SSD's PC hardware is just so highly priced right now, nVidia and their "Super" refreshed cards at nutty pricing and all.

Associate
With Asus and ROG it wouldn't surprise me if they don't come with cables, you have to buy those RGB cables separate at the same cost as the PSU! /s . Sorry to keep bashing, just does my nog in to see such overpriced stuff, excluding Ryzen and SSD's PC hardware is just so highly priced right now, nVidia and their "Super" refreshed cards at nutty pricing and all.

yeah i do love Asus but that statement above is believable.... :D:D:D

Soldato

You bash away :) , its true what you say they do overprice everything they sell , i was thinking of one of those cards to upgrade my 1080...but they need to come down in price

Caporegime
5700’s are priced ok too imo.

Soldato

ROG tax, on top of retail cost, as standard

Soldato
Is the 10-year warranty as worthless as the ASUS motherboard and GPU warranty? You only have to do a search on these very forums to see, ASUS RMA went absolutely to pot again once OcUK dropped the 24-hour turnaround for RMA.

It's absolutely embarrassing that a company as big as ASUS cannot have a well organised and efficient RMA process, when other smaller companies can. I guess corporate greed is to blame here, rather than actual customer service and making customers happy with after support once the money is taken off them.

Last edited:
Associate
Might aswell go direct with Seasonic, though i bought a Seasonic Prime Titanium some years ago, had some weird popping sound that happend on powering up, but everytime i tried recording it, it wouldn't happen, it eventually popped it's last pop and i RMA'ed it, got another (brand new) used that, didn't pop but that too popped it's clogs and i had to RMA that, since thats outside the s*** 24months RTB, you can return it to them, but you'll get a used/repaired replacement instead.

Back
Top Bottom