• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

LOL
I have seen 5 digit numbers, but the overlay is fine recording the correct numbers.
Not entirely true. My overlay says 60fps constantly due to refresh rate of the monitor. Meanwhile, games (and steam) will have their fps counters showing what is actually happening. The way to see is to check the power consumption figures; I only see what I'd expect at 60fps if Radeon Chill is enabled.

Associate
For the owners of Red Devil 5700XT, is the card really quiet in gaming?
My Red Devil Vega 64 has 32db while idle and for the 5700XT they say it's 31db while gaming.

Associate
playing about with the red devil XT this morning.

60% power target core 2260 set memory 960 - hits 2160 at some points avg about 2130. edge temp around 97C and hit 330w at one point lol

Firestrike Extreme with ryzen 1700 @ 3.9

13485 overall score
15109 graphics

Associate
I've owned both Red Devils & the 5700XT is a lot quieter than the V64,
It's the quietest card I've had since the Sapphire Fury Tri-x.

All 5700 cards come with the three month game pass. You need to register the card at AMD rewards and they give you a key which triggers the three month free pass. Unfortunately, in my case, it took a few days as the rewards site was broken but eventually got there. Already downloaded Forza Horizon 4 and Gears 5.

Man of Honour
OP
WNuxsQb_d.jpg

This card is awesome. Gave the FH4 benchmark a go. 3440x1440 Ultra didn't dip below 90fps :D

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

Hk6Mrap.jpg

Date 14/09/2019, Make AMD Reference, satchef1, Link
Date 09/09/2019, Make AMD Reference, Orange Nexus, Link
Date 07/09/2019, Make PowerColor Red Dragon, Aod, Link
Date 06/09/2019, Make PowerColor Red Devil, Ross Thomson, Link
Date 31/08/2019, Make PowerColor Red Devil, RedDeangelo, Link
Date 31/08/2019, Make PowerColor Red Devil, KentMan, Link
Date 31/08/2019, Make PowerColor Red Devil, Jimbo, Link
Date 30/08/2019, Make PowerColor Red Devil, iamcll, Link
Date 30/08/2019, Make PowerColor Red Devil, LeMson, Link
Date 30/08/2019, Make PowerColor Red Devil, Satchfanuk, Link
Date 24/08/2019, Make Sapphire Pulse, lordhawkwind, Link
Date 19/08/2019, Make PowerColor Red Devil, Troezar, Link
Date 18/08/2019, Make Sapphire Pulse, howkey, Link
Date 17/08/2019, Make AMD Reference, Raelgun, Link
Date 17/08/2019, Make AMD 50th AE, Voodoo_what, Link
Date 14/08/2019, Make AMD Reference, DrSteve, Link
Date 10/08/2019, Make AMD Reference, Potatowithearsontheside, Link
Date 08/08/2019, Make AMD Reference, R3v4n, Link
Date 08/08/2019, Make AMD 50th AE, Besty, Link
Date 07/08/2019, Make AMD 50th AE, willb1967, Link
Date 31/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, ernorator, Link
Date 31/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, Kevin Matthews, Link
Date 30/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, FiremanSam, Link
Date 25/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, xxalxx, Link
Date 25/07/2019, Make AMD 50th AE, brightside229, Link
Date 25/07/2019, Make AMD 50th AE, Panos, Link
Date 20/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, InvaderGIR, Link
Date 20/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, Aod, Link
Date 19/07/2019, Make AMD 50th AE, BOFH, Link
Date 18/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, gavinh87, Link
Date 17/07/2019, Make AMD 50th AE, LtMatt, Link
Date 14/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, bake73, Link
Date 12/07/2019, Make AMD 50th AE, jrodga2k5, Link
Date 11/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, LtMatt, Link
Date 11/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, docsonic, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Radeon RX 5700 XT.

Permabanned
All 5700 cards come with the three month game pass. You need to register the card at AMD rewards and they give you a key which triggers the three month free pass. Unfortunately, in my case, it took a few days as the rewards site was broken but eventually got there. Already downloaded Forza Horizon 4 and Gears 5.

Thanks for the Info, I would have missed this otherwise.

How do I register it exactly?

It's asking me for a coupon code.

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks for the Info, I would have missed this otherwise.

How do I register it exactly?

It's asking me for a coupon code.

You should have received a code with your electronic receipt from the retailer after the card has been received. If you haven’t received it yet chase the retailer. Once you enter the code into AMD rewards you have to download the AMD authentication tool and once that verifies your card the rewards site gives you the code for the game pass. Go to MS store download the Xbox beta app and enter code and voila you’re sorted. In Gears 5 benchmark I get 76 FPS at ultra settings.

Played Metro Exodus in high and my FPS counter on my monitor hardly dropped below 100 at 1440p. Didn’t try any higher setting.

Permabanned
You should have received a code with your electronic receipt from the retailer after the card has been received. If you haven’t received it yet chase the retailer. Once you enter the code into AMD rewards you have to download the AMD authentication tool and once that verifies your card the rewards site gives you the code for the game pass. Go to MS store download the Xbox beta app and enter code and voila you’re sorted. In Gears 5 benchmark I get 76 FPS at ultra settings.

Played Metro Exodus in high and my FPS counter on my monitor hardly dropped below 100 at 1440p. Didn’t try any higher setting.

Did you get yours here from OCUK?

Associate
I have been running my Red Devil now since Saturday morning and so far I am impressed. Coming from a RTX 2060 its definitely a huge step up. Now, as far as issues go I have had no BSOD's, no issues in gaming (so far Overwatch, WOW Classic. Metro Exodus, D3) but . .

now this is an odd one . . .

My Red Devil is making a slight noise when moving the mouse!?!? Noticed it last night when browsing, no other noise. When I scrolled up and down with the wheel there is a very slight, well coil noise I guess , like a tiny person is whispering "hushhhh" is the only way to describe it. It's VERY quiet though . . .

So I stripped my rig, right down to just the GFX card and bare essentials, still did it. Tried my old 2060 back in the system, no noise. So I put the Red Devil back in and loaded up in Safe Mode with networking, noise has gone. Back to normal Win 10 Pro, noise is back.

On Win 10, fully updated. Fresh install of Windows. All other drivers manufacturer latest. No other issues with rig.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this?

So update:

OCUK agreed to accept my original Red Devil back so I ordered another. Well I still have this annoying hiss whenever I do anything, even now, when the DRAFT SAVED box flashes up in the bottom right hand corner it makes this hiss. I am sat in a quiet room, my fans are near silent so yes I can pick it out easy, playing games . . can't hear it. The thing is, it is there and I have had a few other people come listen just to make sure I'm not losing my mind. Even though I have the Superflower 1000W Plat I'm now even looking at buying another PSU just to eliminate mine as being the cause. Just opening the start menu and moving the mouse over the tiles causes the hiss. I have tried all I can with the kit I have, stripped my pc, disconnected everything, tested it with the mobo out of the case, different ram, multiple formats, bios flash's MOBO, all the Radeon drivers I can find, even different keyboard & mouse.

I must stress, it is not a loud noise, it's not like Stress Test Coil Whine, it's a sudden "HISSSS" and it's damn annoying as I can pick it out now every time.

I even stuck my old 1070 AMP EXTREME in and everything was silent.

I'm at a loss and it's a shame as I am really liking the card. If I knew others also did it I could relax with it but everyone else says they hear no such noise.

What to do :(

Associate
So update:

OCUK agreed to accept my original Red Devil back so I ordered another. Well I still have this annoying hiss whenever I do anything, even now, when the DRAFT SAVED box flashes up in the bottom right hand corner it makes this hiss. I am sat in a quiet room, my fans are near silent so yes I can pick it out easy, playing games . . can't hear it. The thing is, it is there and I have had a few other people come listen just to make sure I'm not losing my mind. Even though I have the Superflower 1000W Plat I'm now even looking at buying another PSU just to eliminate mine as being the cause. Just opening the start menu and moving the mouse over the tiles causes the hiss. I have tried all I can with the kit I have, stripped my pc, disconnected everything, tested it with the mobo out of the case, different ram, multiple formats, bios flash's MOBO, all the Radeon drivers I can find, even different keyboard & mouse.

I must stress, it is not a loud noise, it's not like Stress Test Coil Whine, it's a sudden "HISSSS" and it's damn annoying as I can pick it out now every time.

I even stuck my old 1070 AMP EXTREME in and everything was silent.

I'm at a loss and it's a shame as I am really liking the card. If I knew others also did it I could relax with it but everyone else says they hear no such noise.

What to do :(

I had this issue, did you watch the video I uploaded pretty certain its the same noise?

Associate
I had this issue, did you watch the video I uploaded pretty certain its the same noise?

You managed to capture it better than I did but yeah, that's the sound mine is making. I have no other issues with the card but I just know it's going to annoy me totally. I do quite a lot of work late at night with more or less zero environmental noise so I'm always going to hear it. I just don't want to be "THAT" customer!! But then again £450 is still a lot if money to spend and not be happy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom