Borderlands 3

Caporegime
It's a shame it's so poorly optimised though.

Borderlands 3 looks OK, but when you consider this and Gears of War 5 use the same graphics engine (UE4) and how good that game looks/runs it's disappointing.

I know the hand drawn art style is different, but that should make performance better not worse.

Last edited:
Soldato
I for one don't believe the keylogger problem, i mean think about it as everybody knows that any game will be picked apart and knowing this, it would be suicide
for any game firm planning on having this in the game. It would be like you getting in to your car for a drive, knowing there was no brake.

The guys at capcom forced everyone to switch off firewalls and antivirus and run as administrator to install a rout kit with street fighter 5.

So stuff this stupid can happen.

Soldato
It's a shame it's so poorly optimised though.

Borderlands 3 looks OK, but when you consider this and Gears of War use the same graphics engine (UE4) and how good that game looks/runs it's disappointing.

I know the hand drawn art style is different, but that should make performance better not worse.

Yeah I'm really looking forward to this but going to wait for a patch before I start playing. It doesn't bother me too much as I got a lot of work to do.

But as you say optimization compared to gears it's less than half the framerate at same settings and gears is the better looking of the 2.

Soldato
Maybe i'm just lucky, silky smooth, no frame drops, no crashes, it all just works with everything maxxed out at 1440p, except for volumetric fog which is on medium. FPS never dips below 90's and mostly sits at 120-140'ish. On an 8700k and 1080ti with 16GB ram if anyones curious.

Caporegime
Performance has been pretty good for me apart from when in a vehicle turret (micro stutter) or once when one of those grenades that spew fire everywhere tanked my FPS

I'm running a 3600x and 2060 at 1440p with tweaked Ultra settings (fog and AA off). FPS is generally above 60.

Soldato
Maybe i'm just lucky, silky smooth, no frame drops, no crashes, it all just works with everything maxxed out at 1440p, except for volumetric fog which is on medium. FPS never dips below 90's and mostly sits at 120-140'ish. On an 8700k and 1080ti with 16GB ram if anyones curious.

That is really good. Are you sure it's actually in 1440p and not switched to something lower? In the reviews it has 1080ti at average of 60fps max settings 1440p.

Hopefully next patch I can get somewhere near that sort of performance.

Soldato
That is really good. Are you sure it's actually in 1440p and not switched to something lower? In the reviews it has 1080ti at average of 60fps max settings 1440p.

Well I checked it when I first started playing Friday and it defaulted to 2560x1440p. Went into settings yesterday to swtich on FPS counter and still said the same. I was curious if it had changed due to reports here about reset resolutions.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Well I checked it when I first started playing Friday and it defaulted to 2560x1440p. Went into settings yesterday to swtich on FPS counter and still said the same. I was curious if it had changed due to reports here about reset resolutions.

Try switching the res to something else and then back again. The 4K/1080P bug keeps occurring for me although it states it is still at 4K when I check the settings. If I check the TV it is outputting at 1080P instead. It's only when I switch the res to something else and then back to 4K that the setting change actually applies.

Lowest FPS I've had so far is about 53FPS at 4K Ultra, just with no AA. It generally clips along at 60FPS which is fine for me. :D

Caporegime

The bug is that when you restart, the game still tells you it's running at the resolution you selected - But is actually running lower (not sure if internally) - You have to change the resolution to something else and set it back to what it should be.

Caporegime
Performance has been pretty good for me apart from when in a vehicle turret (micro stutter) or once when one of those grenades that spew fire everywhere tanked my FPS

I'm running a 3600x and 2060 at 1440p with tweaked Ultra settings (fog and AA off). FPS is generally above 60.

Performance is OK, but considering the visual aren't amazing it's disappointing compared with other games.

You shouldn't need a 2080Ti to run 1080p/120hz.

Associate
Another running at 2560 x 1440 using a 1080Ti, 16gb ram and an ageing 3770K processor and mine is running very well.

Don't forget, its very early days and there will patches to sort out any issues and improve framerates.

Loving this game... It's really good fun! :)

Soldato

I said the same thing earlier in this thread. Now at 20 something hours game time and still not had any issues whatsoever. 1440, max everything, never seen it drop below 60fps and average 80fps.

Soldato
Yeah performance is decent for me

FWIW, I'm running ultrawide at 3440x1440 on a knackered old i7-2600k and a GTX1080, using the High preset but with AA set to FXAA, fog off and foliage (anyone noticed the typo) low. I've also disabled the FidelityFX stuff to fix the cutscenes.

I'm getting 50-60fps most of the time with occasional dips into the 40s on more complex bits. Perfectly fluid and playable and I actually feared it would be far worse as there are a lot of pixels to push at this res.

Soldato
The bug is that when you restart, the game still tells you it's running at the resolution you selected - But is actually running lower (not sure if internally) - You have to change the resolution to something else and set it back to what it should be.

Ah ok, this is a bit clearer, i'll mess around later and see whats what. I guess due to the style, if it actually wasn't 1440p it might not be so obvious.

Man of Honour
Do you guys with it running nicely not get any lagging in the menus either?

No lagging for me in the menus (i5-2500k , 16gb, GTX1070, 1920x1080, running everything on Ultra except for Volumetric which is on Medium and Motion Blur which is on off) I did have lagging when looking down a scope but I have sorted that now. Everything runs smoothly at around 55-60fps generally which is fine with me.

Back
Top Bottom