Introducing Vader. The turbo Atom.

Soldato
If I ever end up with a weekend car it will be one of these or the older supercharged model. I've driven the older supercharged model a few times it's absolutely superb as close to the thrills of a sports bike as you can get on four wheels.

Associate
OP
So is this for track work or will you be driving it on the road? (Genuine question, just curious!)

It is a 3rd car just for dry warmish weekend runs, shows, and as a track day weapon. It is a rewarding challenge for me to reach towards its stellar capabilities on track. If your up to it as a driver it is right up there with the best exotica or race cars.

It is also hilarious and brilliant to drive a car with such grip, handling finesse, and monumental power to weight ratio on the road. It makes me grin like a child every time i drive it.:D

Associate
I bet it does ! I can remember Jeremy Clarkson driving one and it took his face off :D

//imgur.com/a/QqJeIfG

Edit: I give up - posting a gif is beyond me :rolleyes:
QqJeIfG

Last edited:
Associate
A perfect example of why keeping things light makes an awesome car, i mean 320hp is a decent figure but its all over the place these days - however well under 1000kilos with 320 is not.

Why can't other manufacturers build light cars with "modest" power?

Soldato
A perfect example of why keeping things light makes an awesome car, i mean 320hp is a decent figure but its all over the place these days - however well under 1000kilos with 320 is not.

Why can't other manufacturers build light cars with "modest" power?
It must be such a niche market surely? I mean people say they won't something light and quick but realistically it's going to be a second car and if it's more than a few grand not many will be able to justify that.

Associate
Why cant manufacturers stop chasing stupid power figures and start lowering there crap cars weight.
Look at the M3, around 1700 kilos ffs... focus st? about 1500 plus - the civic type R? over 1400 kilos

Its not surprise some of the best drivers cars are light, the a110 ... about 1150ish, the fiesta st is what?? sub 1300kilos - the mk4 mx5 is only a shade over a ton and the Gt86 is also sub 1300 kilos.
All brilliant drivers cars. Just think how much better an M3 would be 250kilos lighter for instance.

Sorry to go on but the direction modern cars have went because the manufacturers pay more attention to there marketing departments ****** me off. Its easy to get people to buy cars with big power outputs because bigger looks better.
But its crap, you cant use 500 flipping horsepower properly on public roads so stop making ******* cars so big and heavy so they are great all the time not only when you put your foot down.

Soz rant over :p

Soldato
Why cant manufacturers stop chasing stupid power figures and start lowering there crap cars weight.
Look at the M3, around 1700 kilos ffs... focus st? about 1500 plus - the civic type R? over 1400 kilos

Its not surprise some of the best drivers cars are light, the a110 ... about 1150ish, the fiesta st is what?? sub 1300kilos - the mk4 mx5 is only a shade over a ton and the Gt86 is also sub 1300 kilos.
All brilliant drivers cars. Just think how much better an M3 would be 250kilos lighter for instance.

Sorry to go on but the direction modern cars have went because the manufacturers pay more attention to there marketing departments ****** me off. Its easy to get people to buy cars with big power outputs because bigger looks better.
But its crap, you cant use 500 flipping horsepower properly on public roads so stop making ******* cars so big and heavy so they are great all the time not only when you put your foot down.

Soz rant over :p
I'd imagine due to saftey regulations, and the amount of kit that people are used to this just won't happen. A fiesta is light because its a small car. Increasing power is an easy way to overcome weight, and it also sells cars. Nobody is going to buy a new m3 if it comes out with less power than last time, even if it weighs less.

Back
Top Bottom