Samsung Q90R 75inch vs LG OLED 65 inch as a PC/Gaming monitor/HTPC machine

Soldato
so, I have a deal on a Q90R.

would you pick:
1. Q90R Samsung 75 inch FALD
OR
2. 65inch LG OLED

I already have a 65 inch panasonic 902b.

P.B

P.B

Soldato
65c9 will support g sync and have has hdmi 2.1 that's where my money would go even the 1st gen OLED makes my ps4 look so much sharper and smoother than an lcd

Soldato
OP
65c9 will support g sync and have has hdmi 2.1 that's where my money would go even the 1st gen OLED makes my ps4 look so much sharper and smoother than an lcd

Argh.. I am considering this. Or maybe just picking up an older OLED at 65 inches for now.. seeing if I like it and then potentially upgrading to the C9 after the November price drop which invariably occurs.

P.B

P.B

Soldato
The b8pla of my mates had some very good processing on the picture and the smoothness of motion, it's up to you depends how much you pay/lose buying a an older model as a stop gap

Soldato
Whaaaaaaaat? they offer £6/month burn in protection????
Can you link this to me?

Just buy the knowhow insurance they've been well documented replacing peoples panels for burn in on avforums.

I myself had a panel on a Sony XF9005 telly replaced twice because I had a single dead pixel right at the edge of the screen too so it covers pixels if you ask nicely.

You pretty much won't get screen burn on the C9 anyway just set logo illuminance to medium and any HUD elements and TV logos will be at a slightly lower luminance to the rest of the game you're playing.

Soldato
OP
Just buy the knowhow insurance they've been well documented replacing peoples panels for burn in on avforums.

I myself had a panel on a Sony XF9005 telly replaced twice because I had a single dead pixel right at the edge of the screen too so it covers pixels if you ask nicely.

You pretty much won't get screen burn on the C9 anyway just set logo illuminance to medium and any HUD elements and TV logos will be at a slightly lower luminance to the rest of the game you're playing.

Really? On avforums someone has just taken curry’s to court because they refused to fix burn in... its very well documented.

Hmmm so shall I replace my crg9 with a 55 inch oled?

Soldato
Really? On avforums someone has just taken curry’s to court because they refused to fix burn in... its very well documented.

This is quite confusing and contradictory lol! I've had a scan of it, and there isn't any specific mention of OLED burn-in that I can see, so curious why this would be assumed to be 100% covered on this policy? You'd hope so of course, but if it doesn't say so, they could surely get out of it, given even manufacturers don't consider it a fault. And with a PC, if it was used daily for hours and hours, subsequently resulting in burn-in, they might have a good argument for refusing any claim. I'm sure the internal software logs the usage, so you couldn't say otherwise, and they'd just argue it was excessive. I'd love to be wrong on this, as if I could buy an OLED without ANY fear that potential burn-in would leave me high and dry without recourse, I'd seriously consider it.

Back
Top Bottom