Associate
IMG-20190830-181523-419.jpg

Hopefully 3rd time lucky.

:D

I love this!

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Thinking about an EP3, what sort of money does the premier edition fetch in good condition?

What mileage limit should I set? I was thinking 100k sounds reasonable?

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Mileage on an EP3 means relatively little besides possible extra consumable costs - if it's a car you want to keep for a while then buy on condition and service history. I've seen plenty of civics in the past with low mileage but run god awful and are a right state, and several 160k+ that still run perfect and, age related stone chips aside, are pretty much pristine.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
So don't be scared of higher mileage e.g. 120-140k, but look out for service history, receipts and obviously the condition.

Man of Honour
Went to view an FN2 yesterday. The car looked fantastic in the advert, but when I arrived it was obviously in significantly worse condition than the advert - I think the seller had used the pictures from when he got the car 2-3 years ago!
Wing misaligned with the bonnet, laquer peel all over the place, misaligned bumper, neither front arch trim was fitted probably, wheels all badly kerb rashed - none of which was visible in the pictures. I actually thought it was a different car at first.

It was a real shame, because it was mechanically super tight and fantastic to drive. Not tried an FN2 Type R before but I really liked the driving experience.

Man of Honour
Went to view an FN2 yesterday. The car looked fantastic in the advert, but when I arrived it was obviously in significantly worse condition than the advert - I think the seller had used the pictures from when he got the car 2-3 years ago!
Wing misaligned with the bonnet, laquer peel all over the place, misaligned bumper, neither front arch trim was fitted probably, wheels all badly kerb rashed - none of which was visible in the pictures. I actually thought it was a different car at first.

It was a real shame, because it was mechanically super tight and fantastic to drive. Not tried an FN2 Type R before but I really liked the driving experience.

I looked at a few before getting mine and I have to say, so many of them are seriously rough. Pictures really don't show anything unless there are loads of them and they're ultra-high res.

Man of Honour
And finally I have my first VTEC.

After looking at quite a few FN2s and finding them all pretty ropey, I upped my budget to give me more to play with.
Looked at this one on a whim and ended up making an offer and taking it home.

Nighthawk black GT, some nastily kerbed Rage alloys (bleurgh) and a chavvy exhaust. Other than that it's fairly alright.Interior is really clean, other than the armrest there is no real wear.
Wants a damn good polish. Only lacquer flaking is where the mirror joins the door.

Civic1.jpg

Civ2.jpg

Civ3.jpg

Civ4.jpg

EDIT
It has the GP pack front & rear diffusers too.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Looks very nice Lopez! Black suits them.

What kind of price do decent FN2s start at? Selling my R26 Megane next month and looking for something cheaper to replace it with.

I'd say around £4k, up to £6k for the later lower mileage ones. Champ White ones may be a fair bit more.

Still enjoying mine, though the MPG is suffering due to VTEC being so much fun :o

OT39Eg1.jpg

Associate
I'd say around £4k, up to £6k for the later lower mileage ones. Champ White ones may be a fair bit more.

Thanks, may be an option but 4k would be at the top of my budget for a replacement to my R26. Trying to "downgrade" a bit as I've only covered 5k in 2yrs in it, but struggling to think of something I'd enjoy. I had a facelift EP3 a few years back which I enjoyed owning so the fn2 appeals to me.

Soldato
Looks very nice Lopez! Black suits them.

Still enjoying mine, though the MPG is suffering due to VTEC being so much fun :o

She looks lovely, and it's iVTEC not VTEC (Variable valve timing and computer controlled lift, not just variable valve timing I was told by my dealer). Similar but not quite the same as the difference between Toyota's VVTi vs VVTli

Edit: seems I was slightly off, this is a good description: https://www.clarksoff.com/blogs/news/vtec-vs-ivtec

Last edited:
Associate
Still fan of the FN2s, my 2nd cousin had one which had a resonator delete and it was re-sprayed to championship white from the red. There is the mugen edition of the Fn2s aswell which fetch for average of 8-13k as they only sold 200 or 300 of them in the UK?
I was looking at the Mugen edition but decided to get Mazda 3 MPS instead.

Associate
Regarding the FN2s, how good/worth the extra cost is the factory LSD? From what I've read the LSD was fitted as standard on cars built after April 2010 (and obviously the Champ White ones).
My R26 Megane still impresses me with the way it can pull out of/round corners when I get the chance to push on on my local b roads and it feels like it's on a different level compared to my old EP3.

Back
Top Bottom