Borderlands 3

Associate
I've got it running in DX12 mode and, aside from the 3 minute wait to get to the title menu, it's very playable @ 1440p on my rig. However, I have most settings on High rather than ultra to keep the framerate above 60 (character detail is on Ultra).

Associate
Running on a 2070 Super and 9900KF. Getting between 65 and 70 fps with everything Ultra.

When I turn volumetric fog/blur off, and material complexity/screen space reflections down to medium fps are in excess of 120 and max out around 140.

Soldato
I have only played this a little, got to level 5 or so? but the cutscenes are all borked for me, i only see half the screen (middle bit) on my 3440x1440p screen. I have turned off the Fog as i heard it tanked FPS.

Overall i like the game but im shelving it til they fix the apparent issues with FPS and cutscene video res etc. Hopefully they sort out this keylogger rubbish too if its true, so back to WoW Classic i go for a bit :)

Associate
I don't have any problems with my 780, game runs smooth at 1080p, getting 70fps with a mixture of High/Med settings.

I'm about to upgrade to a 1440p monitor, how much do you think it's going to affect performance? Around 30% fps loss?

Caporegime
It asks you at the beginning of the game as to how you want to display cutscenes. Maybe you’ve got the wrong setting?

For those further along in the game... do you know how to

Break the clusters of eridium that are scattered around the locations?

Associate
Soldato
Maybe i'm just lucky, silky smooth, no frame drops, no crashes, it all just works with everything maxxed out at 1440p, except for volumetric fog which is on medium. FPS never dips below 90's and mostly sits at 120-140'ish. On an 8700k and 1080ti with 16GB ram if anyones curious.

Well I checked it when I first started playing Friday and it defaulted to 2560x1440p. Went into settings yesterday to swtich on FPS counter and still said the same. I was curious if it had changed due to reports here about reset resolutions.

The bug is that when you restart, the game still tells you it's running at the resolution you selected - But is actually running lower (not sure if internally) - You have to change the resolution to something else and set it back to what it should be.

Just checked and i'm definitely in true 1440p mode, as I said, I guess i'm just lucky if so many others are having issues. Also running dx11 if that makes a difference.

Soldato
I have only played this a little, got to level 5 or so? but the cutscenes are all borked for me, i only see half the screen (middle bit) on my 3440x1440p screen. I have turned off the Fog as i heard it tanked FPS.

Overall i like the game but im shelving it til they fix the apparent issues with FPS and cutscene video res etc. Hopefully they sort out this keylogger rubbish too if its true, so back to WoW Classic i go for a bit :)

loads of people on the net with same problem...

im playing same res just turn sharpeningfx off and cut scenes work perfect im playing with medium settings and solid 90-100 fps (capped at 100 cause of gsync) which makes the gunfights so much more fun lvl 35 now and not one problem so far with game had a few decent legendaries!

theres so many gfx settings then u can turn down/off as youll never notice them at all.. the game is about getting a constant and stable fps no matter whats happening on the screen cause later on some fights its absolutely mental how much is going on especially when u start mixing all the elements together and if ur fps start tanking youll struggle in some fights!

Man of Honour
Reading further in the thread, it would appear the "fix" can cause additional problems. I don't mind catching up on emails/making a brew/twiddling my thumbs for 3 mins as everything runs fine when the game loads. :p

How dare you come into a gaming forum and show patience, get out of here this instant you imposter !

Caporegime

That is the resolution bug people have been discussing.

Happened to me when I first started playing in 2160p 16:9

Change the resolution then change it back again.

Soldato
Is there any benefit to running in DX12 for nvidia users? Unsure if the extra load times are worth it or not.

I've (touch wood) found it more stable. Had a few sporadic crashes to desktop on Sat but switched to DX12 and was fine for around five hours on Sun. Could be coincidence but hopefully not.

Back
Top Bottom