Cambridge area : TR4 Threadripper 1950x

Soldato
Hi,

OK I have a problem, I been trying to revive a x399 system with a Threadripper 1950x and a Taichi x399 but for the life of me I can't get it to boot!

It had been working then I upgraded to the 3.60 BIOS, the PC just crashed while unattended last and now fails to start! (error code 90)

I've tried multiple MOBOs/PSU/Memory in countless combinations but I can't get this sucker to work, I've sunk litteraly 100s of hours and £££ into this :( I've been building PCs since the 1980s but honestly this has me beat!

So far I've tried
  • Different Memory in many combinations
  • Different PSUs
  • Different Taichi Mobo
  • Different GFX cards
  • Removing Mobo battery etc.
I'd convinced myself that the MOBO was the issue so I bought another board, plugged it all together and I get exactly the same error code (90)!!! (you could have knocked me down with a feather).

I'm now on the verge of believing the CPU is bad but out of desperation I just wondered if there was some kind soul in the Cambridge area that has a x399 (TR4) rig that would test my 1950x

HELP!!

Cheers

HEADRAT

Last edited:
Soldato
I wonder if there is some place that might offer a service where you could send the CPU to be tested?

Only thing I can think of if there isn't anyone on the forums who would be willing to test your CPU.

How many places there that might do this, I have no idea.

Is it still under warranty? Wonder if that is something AMD could do..

Soldato
I wonder if there is some place that might offer a service where you could send the CPU to be tested?

Only thing I can think of if there isn't anyone on the forums who would be willing to test your CPU.

How many places there that might do this, I have no idea.

Is it still under warranty? Wonder if that is something AMD could do..

gigabyte only vendor were you can RMA with CPU and ram so they can rule out it's their own product .

would be RMA to AMD and reseller and should be tested and confirmed .

OK as there are no takers on that can anybody else think of anything else I can try?

61 - 91 Chipset initialization error. Please press reset or clear CMOS.

clear CMOS- Removed battary for ten mins and try to reflash again (thats assuming you flashed both boards ?)

Soldato
OP
OK but as per the above I've tried different Motherboards + clearing CMOS etc and I still get Error Code 90

It's an OEM chip so no warranty unfortunately, I purchased a Aorus X399 AORUS PRO and I still get the some Code 90 error!

Can't really beleive my luck as it had been working up until I upgraded to the 3.60 BIOS (Taichi), the PC just crashed while unattended last and now fails to start! (error code 90, which I have had ever since)

Last edited:

PDW

PDW

Associate
Have you tried mains power cable removed, removing all memory, removing battery and clearing CMOS, putting battery back in (I'm assuming you've tried a new battery already) and power up (still with no memory in). Does this give a different error number ?
If it does, turn off, put some memory in and reboot. That better ?

PDW

PDW

Associate
Mine went wrong after I upgraded the Taichi BIOS to 3.30 about 6 months ago, it booted up okay the first time but second time it didn't want to know I tried quite a few things but the above process in that order solved my problems. The only other thing I can think of is that I probably had just a DVD drive connected, no hdd/ssd.

Back
Top Bottom