**** The Official Google Pixel 4 Thread ****

Soldato
Probably already aware, but unless you're DESPERATE to get this on launch, always worth waiting a few weeks for the inevitable "Google Offer" price drop. If I recall, they lowered the price of the Pixel 2XL (and 3?) by around £100 about a month after launch. If you've got plenty of cash, then I guess it doesn't matter!
This, they have a black friday sale where they dropped the price by 200 euros i think in germany so i bought it there

Never pay the launch price with google.

Soldato
Sounds like you want a Nokia 3210 or something else from about 20 years ago mate.

Seriously though gestures give you more screen space and speed once you master them. Plus you can turn them off and have the old style buttons if you want.

And if you have no interest in Google assistant then I would 100% look elsewhere. Again though you can turn it off and most other brands like apple and Samsung have something similar baked in.

Assistant with voice and all that 'ok Google ' stuff is great for me. Mainly saying 'ok Google turn the WiFi and TV off' when my kids are on the sofa for to long :D
My car has gesture control and it’s just quicker and easier to press the buttons.

For sure stuff can be turned off but then what’s the point in paying more for the phone and those features if they go unused.

Think I’m pretty much sold on the OnePlus 7T when it comes out.

Soldato
Thanks. Personally, I think that's a bigger deal breaker than camera or RAM, especially if the buyer is intending to keep the handset for a couple of years.
Except current 5G modems don’t even fully support 5G, all of the frequencies in use and also don’t currently support 4G, 3G at the same time, they also overheat and fall back to the 4G modem.

When you then take into account that 5G is barely supported, trying to future proof 5G by buying this year is silly.

https://www.tomsguide.com/opinion/why-you-shouldnt-buy-a-5g-phone-this-year

Soldato
My car has gesture control and it’s just quicker and easier to press the buttons.

For sure stuff can be turned off but then what’s the point in paying more for the phone and those features if they go unused.

Think I’m pretty much sold on the OnePlus 7T when it comes out.

Neither gestures or assistant will add any price difference. It's standard tech in all phones these days.

Soldato
Depends on what gestures were talking about? on screen or in front of screen.
I was referring to the new in front of screen gestures i.e waving your hand around in the air to control the phone (hence my reference to the Soli sensor in my post above)
My car has it to change stuff like volume, next track etc.. and it’s just quicker and easier to press buttons

Soldato
When you then take into account that 5G is barely supported, trying to future proof 5G by buying this year is silly.

Yes, which may tempt me to stick with P2XL until next year.

Depends. My car with 8" android auto display and my house with lights, TV, WiFi and others are all setup for the assiant. So for me it's a massive essential

Agreed, it's subjective. :)

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Pixel 4XL 5G with 8GB RAM?

https://www.techradar.com/news/goog...red-to-arrive-with-more-power-than-4-and-4-xl

As well as the widely-rumored Google Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL, it looks like we could see a Google Pixel 4 XL 5G, which wouldn't just have faster data, but also more power.

At least, that's what a Geekbench 5 listing spotted by IndiaShopps suggests. The phone in the listing is unambiguously called the 'Google Pixel 4 XL 5G' and it's shown as having 8GB of RAM and a Snapdragon 855 chipset.

While the chipset is in line with other leaks, the RAM amount is greater, with leaks for the standard Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL generally pointing to 6GB. It would make sense for Google to give the 5G model a power boost though, so this is believable.

Back
Top Bottom