US: Mindhunter (Netflix)

Caporegime
not as good as season one imo but still pretty good.

I didn't think the serial killer interviews were as interesting.
kemper and the shoe guy were way more interesting than any of the new ones.

all the interviews with serial killers that seem dumb as a rock are boring as hell, and manson was a huge let down

seems more like they just wanted him in the series for the hype and PR , they shouldn't have bothered.

The hunt for wayne williams, and all the following him around was good enough I guess.
didn't seem like he really had much substance to him though

Soldato

all the interviews with serial killers that seem dumb as a rock are boring as hell, and manson was a huge let down

seems more like they just wanted him in the series for the hype and PR , they shouldn't have bothered.

The hunt for wayne williams, and all the following him around was good enough I guess.

Your thoughts pretty much match mine. The Interviews really made the first Season. They were tense and gritty, the new ones were a bit dull and the Manson interview was pointless and again, boring.

Very Watchable but nowhere near season 1. I haven't finished Season 2 yet, 2 episodes to go. Will see if they can change my mind at all.

Just one thing annoys me about Season 2. Annoy is too strong of a word. Why do they play the eerie music every time we go to Tench's house, like something mad dramatic was just about to happen. It doesn't fit the scene at all.

Soldato

The Manson interview was more comedy than menacing, very disappointing after Season 1. Still enjoyable overall though.

Soldato
Your thoughts pretty much match mine. The Interviews really made the first Season. They were tense and gritty, the new ones were a bit dull and the Manson interview was pointless and again, boring.

Very Watchable but nowhere near season 1. I haven't finished Season 2 yet, 2 episodes to go. Will see if they can change my mind at all.

Just one thing annoys me about Season 2. Annoy is too strong of a word. Why do they play the eerie music every time we go to Tench's house, like something mad dramatic was just about to happen. It doesn't fit the scene at all.

Probably because his adopted son is a little serial killer in the making.

Soldato
Surprised to see people disliking season 2, the wife and I loved it.

However I had listened to "Monster" a podcast all about the Wayne Williams case and so I loved how this all slotted together into their story. I would say however the podcast did a way way better job of explaining the case and the situation in Atlanta at the time. Really worth listening to, one of the best podcasts I've heard. You get to hear the guy producing the podcast speak to Wayne multiple times over the phone from prison.

Soldato
Surprised to see people disliking season 2, the wife and I loved it.

However I had listened to "Monster" a podcast all about the Wayne Williams case and so I loved how this all slotted together into their story. I would say however the podcast did a way way better job of explaining the case and the situation in Atlanta at the time. Really worth listening to, one of the best podcasts I've heard. You get to hear the guy producing the podcast speak to Wayne multiple times over the phone from prison.

Same, halfway through and think is extremely good.

Soldato
It's now officially been cancelled as Netflix have said its too expensive to resume.

It's been on hold so long I had hoped it might get revived.

Real shame, near enough the best thing ever made by Netflix and a close to perfect show.

Soldato
It's now officially been cancelled as Netflix have said its too expensive to resume.

It's been on hold so long I had hoped it might get revived.

Real shame, near enough the best thing ever made by Netflix and a close to perfect show.
Hopefully someone else picks it up, like yourself I found it one of the best things Netflix ever made.

Soldato
I'm sorry, how much?!?

My bad, it was actually for two sequels. Long story short.. he could make that money eventually through points/residuals if he got a good contract written up with a traditional studio.. but he/they decided to pay him upfront instead. It's still mad.

Total shame Mindhunter isn't coming back, it was a great show.

Soldato

My bad, it was actually for two sequels. Long story short.. he could make that money eventually through points/residuals if he got a good contract written up with a traditional studio.. but he/they decided to pay him upfront instead. It's still mad.

Total shame Mindhunter isn't coming back, it was a great show.
Still too much money for that useless ****

Back
Top Bottom