Borderlands 3

Caporegime
Yeah, I keep running out of ammo, too. The spacing of the vending machines is way too far apart so it's not as easy to collect every loot drop and sell it for cash. I end up leaving tons of stuff behind. I know you can teleport back to the vending machines at the beginning of the level at any time but then you'd have to run through a freshly-spawned batch of enemies again.

Man of Honour
Well Mack likes it, somewhat surprisingly. He says that neither he or his missus have had performance issues (same as me and my missus funnily enough), so he has been lucky in that regard. Overall, he has several complaints but thinks that the bottom line is the game has great gunplay and is just out and out fun. Which I guess is all you want from a looter shooter really

Caporegime
Performance is OK, but considering the visual aren't amazing it's disappointing compared with other games.

You shouldn't need a 2080Ti to run 1080p/120hz.

I felt it was OK but after playing a bit of Rage 2 which is buttery smooth at 60FPS, then going back to this it definitely doesn't feel as polished.

Soldato
Recommended settings from one of the videos upthread:

SbxR6ov.png

I have draw distance set to Ultra but am otherwise on the Quality settings and am getting over 60 fps at 4k.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
What's multiplayer like?

Pretty much what you expect from a Borderlands multiplayer, manic, mayhem and fun. I do wish there were direction indicators on the minimap pointing to other players though as I tend to get lost from the rest of my group a lot and its not the easiest to locate them

Soldato
Why? there issues with cloud backup?

Yep, loads of people have had prompts that their local and cloud saves are out of sync and, even if they're careful to select the most recent one, finding they've reverted to an earlier save and lost loads of progress (sometimes all of it!).

Scary.

Man of Honour
Yep, loads of people have had prompts that their local and cloud saves are out of sync and, even if they're careful to select the most recent one, finding they've reverted to an earlier save and lost loads of progress (sometimes all of it!).

Scary.

Its for just that reason that I always disabled cloud saving, I also disable it on Steam. I dont really trust cloud tech yet.

Soldato
I've just had an interesting mini-session.

First off, I saw the resolution issue. The menu said the game was running at 4K when it clearly was not. Changed to 1080p and back to 4k and all was good. I was happily playing when something happened and the game suddenly switched to my 3440x1440 monitor and the other two monitors were disabled. As usual, my Acer Nitro could only be brought back into life by powering it off and then on.

Soldato

Scary.

I had that on steam a few years ago too, hmm ok will be taking some backups.

Associate
Not had any issues so far with my 3600 and RTX 2080 and my friend who has an i5 4690 and a GTX 960 has had no issues at all except having to run on low settings.

Associate
I had a reply from cdkeys today about my pre order of the game gold skins, and they said the game comes as how it said on there website, i.e no pre order skins.

how is this right?

Caporegime
I had a reply from cdkeys today about my pre order of the game gold skins, and they said the game comes as how it said on there website, i.e no pre order skins.

how is this right?

Pre-order had to be from approved sources no? CDKeys tend to not be, so you save money, but forego the preorder bonuses.

(I also ordered from CDKeys ages ago, and accepted this fate).

Soldato

how is this right?

They had 2 different ones on their site, both same price, one included gold skins one didn't.

Maybe you bought the one that didn't include the skins.

Back
Top Bottom