*** The Official iOS 13 Thread ***

Soldato
Great vid here giving an overview of features, looks awesome. So many new features.

I like the new ability to download vids directly from Safari.

So many new multi touch features.

Pleased they've finally added a scrubber for scrolling too! Small stuff like that is so useful. I remember writing to them a few years ago about that when I first saw it in the Dropbox app.

They also fixed and juiced up search in messages, which is great if you text a lot of people.

Apparently find my iphone works offline now if bluetooth is on and in range of another iPhone.

Soldato
Not directly iOS 13 related, in fact the opposite, but might be of interest to similar kindred spirits, this is a pretty good update on what's going on in the Android World for Android 10 for comparison.

As an iOS users who doesn't see android often I found in interesting :)

The G suite issue at the end is so true, the cross platform integration is a real issue! Sort your **** out Google :D

Man of Honour
I've put the GM onto my X. Impressed with the FaceID improvements, seems to authenticate about twice as fast as before. Need time to get a feel for the rest.

Soldato
I don’t like the lack of magnifying glass. What’s the best method to move the cursor over individual letters of words now?

Oh dear, so they've removed the ability to select text using pressure from force touch (on the new models as they don't have it), so you have to use your fingers directly over the text method, and they've also removed the magnifying glass to make it harder to select text via that method just to rub it in??

Back
Top Bottom