Terminator: Dark Fate

V F

V F

Soldato
No way! I was wondering who the guy is with the straw hat. It was the long red haired guy on the back of Connors bike. Damn.

Associate
If Furlong has a very small role in this film then why build him up to such an important character in the franchise from day 1? I am honestly not excited about this film at all but I will be going to watch it with the GF and her mum still. I'm sure it will be entertaining to watch but I feel the lore will leave me very disappointed.

Associate
To be fair, they built up John Connor, not Edward Furlong.
Him going off the rails and being virtually uncastable is down to him, not them.
True thats what I meant lol, gone on a tantrum but yes I meant John connor been built up and bringing Edward back as John Connor and then make him "obsolete" just makes me hope they have a good explanation for it..

Soldato
I think 'because Gurl Powah' is the best explanation you're gonna get :D

It's because they need to keep milking the franchise and the original cast are getting too old so, rather than a reboot with a fresh start, we're getting a retcon with JC probably dead, a new replacement "Sarah Conner" to carry the franchise and a new "Arnie" good terminator who is again young enough to be in a retconned trilogy.

Only it'll never happen as this film will fail like Genysis before it did.

There are so many Expanded Universe Terminator stories yet studios and/or writers are too scared to make something new and instead try to recapture the "lightning in a bottle" of the first two yet only succeed in further ruining the franchise.

Caporegime
OP
Some leaks doing the rounds of people that attended unfinished version screenings:

Seems i may have been right about the Arniebot being the one that kills John Connor, supposedly this happens at the very start of the movie, afterwards as it's mission is done it has no purpose.... so decides to live a life, gives itself a name (Carl) and start an upholstery business. Starting to wonder if this was put in as a joke to throw people off or they've actually went this route.

Lot of this floating around reddit so no clue if its legit or not, seems to be some conflicting reports to say the least. Sounds a bit mad regardless.

Associate
Some leaks doing the rounds of people that attended unfinished version screenings:

Seems i may have been right about the Arniebot being the one that kills John Connor, supposedly this happens at the very start of the movie, afterwards as it's mission is done it has no purpose.... so decides to live a life, gives itself a name (Carl) and start an upholstery business. Starting to wonder if this was put in as a joke to throw people off or they've actually went this route.

Lot of this floating around reddit so no clue if its legit or not, seems to be some conflicting reports to say the least. Sounds a bit mad regardless.
If this is true then I can only dream this film is another alternate timeline and it's just following the same sequence of event of 1&2.

Associate
It's a direct sequel to T2, doesn't acknowledge 3\salvation\genisys.
I can still believe it is another alternate timeline, although if going by that leaked info then it just means after judgment day was prevented and in another future timeline skynet sent back their T800 to T2 timeline to kill JC so judgment day can still happen.

Caporegime
OP
I can still believe it is another alternate timeline, although if going by that leaked info then it just means after judgment day was prevented and in another future timeline skynet sent back their T800 to T2 timeline to kill JC so judgment day can still happen.

Time travel in these movies is all over the show and thinking about it is headache inducing. T1&2 have a lot of problems but they work well, it's just trying to get them to follow on from that that's always been the stumbling point. Setting a movie in the future war seen in flashbacks is (even according to the makers of genisys) something people want to see but they only do it in smaller sequences for some reason or other. Just confusing why they refuse to do an entire movie in that setting as it would be very different to the movies that have come before it.

Soldato
Time travel in these movies is all over the show and thinking about it is headache inducing. T1&2 have a lot of problems but they work well, it's just trying to get them to follow on from that that's always been the stumbling point. Setting a movie in the future war seen in flashbacks is (even according to the makers of genisys) something people want to see but they only do it in smaller sequences for some reason or other. Just confusing why they refuse to do an entire movie in that setting as it would be very different to the movies that have come before it.

They tried that in Salvation and the two sequels it was supposed to have, but the poor returns on Salvation and the subsequent implosion of the rights holder at the time put paid to that.

Caporegime
OP
They tried that in Salvation and the two sequels it was supposed to have, but the poor returns on Salvation and the subsequent implosion of the rights holder at the time put paid to that.

Salvation was set in a barren wasteland that could really have been anywhere. If you're gonna do the future war then people expect to see what they seen in the flashbacks, not something set x amount of years beforehand. I give them credit for trying to do something different but it was so far removed from the first movies and what people expected with the future war it was just an odd looking setting that fans of the franchise didn't identify with. And for a future supposedly ruled by the robots they were conspicuously absent from the vast majority of the movie, 1 t-600 wandering around a City, no signs of destroyed terminators etc, just a few skulls laying around. Just felt really small scale despite it's stupidly large budget, for 200 million they couldn't have had some scenes with numerous robots patrolling the city looking for survivors etc? Or have some night scenes with fire fights between the resistance and the terminators with hk's playing a role?

If this movie tanks then i can see them shelving the franchise for the foreseeable future, this is meant to be Arnie's swansong playing the Terminator so would be nice to see it doing well if it's a good movie. So many preconceptions doing the rounds that could damage it before it's even released.

Caporegime
Saw the trailer for this when watching IT part 2 and it looked terrible.

Huge Arnie fan but don't think I can bring myself to watch this, the franchise has been gash since 2 imo.

Caporegime
OP
There's one guy on reddit on a mad rant about the Hispanic girl being the smallest member of the cast and how she was cast intentionally because of her height and weight to not be close in stature to the white actors....:rolleyes:

Coulda been worse, she could have had a test screening in a 1976 dodge pickup with 36 other Mexicans in the back of it crashing across the border, obviously that's whats expected of her being Hispanic. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom