• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sapphire 5700 XT Nitro Launched Today

Soldato
It doesn't have three. The third setting is simply the one that allows you to choose either the first or the second vBIOS using the software. So you either manually set first or second vBIOS using the switch, or you set the switch to the third and then change as you like through the software.

Looks like a great card with a great cooler and nice to see 3 year warranty instead of the 2 on the Pulse.

So Steve at GN benchmarked it like it had 3 then. Steve being sloppy? That doesnt happen much :p

Somebody also pointed it out in his comments section.

Hi, Kit Guru mentions the third bios switch at 9:44 He called it the software mode, In the software itself you get to choose between two, the primary & secondary bios.

Maybe i skipped past that bit then, my bad :)

Soldato
This card is almost as expensive as a 2070 super, is it similar in performance;

This card is a direct competitor to the 2070 Super Strix OC (£649 ish) and the EVGA FTW 3 Ultra (£589-599) as they have 10 phase VRM's and triple fans.

On that basis it is £150-£210 cheaper than the competition on the Green side.

Is it as fast as a the always-out-of-stock £485 2070S FE ? need more data, the Sapphire is still £20 cheaper and in stock though .....

Soldato
That's a surprise, If they do it'll be interesting to see if they manage to get better performance with it.
Given the GPU is already pushed to the limit on the Nitro+, a Toxic could use the faster 16Gbps GDDR6 Samsung modules and give them a hefty overclock. That would explain the alleged AIO design. Or here's a mental thought: the Toxic uses Samsung's 2GB modules for 16GB RAM :D

Associate
If I were to buy an AIB this would be the one for sure. Sadly it's still a bit of a ridiculous price needs to be 399 absolute max.

Associate
If I were to buy an AIB this would be the one for sure. Sadly it's still a bit of a ridiculous price needs to be 399 absolute max.

No way they are gonna do a board, heatsink and fans like that for an extra £20 over stock.

If you think this one is expensive, go check out Asus Strix 5700 XT version, make sure you wear goggles first though.

Caporegime
No way they are gonna do a board, heatsink and fans like that for an extra £20 over stock.

If you think this one is expensive, go check out Asus Strix 5700 XT version, make sure you wear goggles first though.

Par for the course with Asus. Even when it's a reference card asus are always priced higher because they slap their sticker on it.

Soldato
The easy-to-remove fans are a nice touch. And the fact that you can buy the separate RGB fans and pay extra for them, only if you want.

Permabanned
Given the GPU is already pushed to the limit on the Nitro+, a Toxic could use the faster 16Gbps GDDR6 Samsung modules and give them a hefty overclock. That would explain the alleged AIO design. Or here's a mental thought: the Toxic uses Samsung's 2GB modules for 16GB RAM :D

I'll be more than happy if they don't as it'd only have me wanting it. :D

Prefer the looks of my Red Devil.

Ditto

Powercolor have now overtaken Sapphire as the premier AMD board 'partner' (ugh!) in my opinion.

I haven't had a bad card from either mind you.

I haven't had a bad card from eitherl At the moment I dislike the colours & styling Sapphire are using & the last time I thought that I went and bought an MSI TFIV 290x Gaming instead & regretted it big time which now seems extremely stupid as I can't see the card anyway. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom