**** The Official OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
Really tempted with the 7T (non pro) if the rumoured specs are correct!

The slight drop in resolution compared to the pro means nothing to me and I prefer a slightly smaller screen - and ideally flat rather than curved!

Soldato
Yeah, curved screen is as bad as everyone says. It's a deal breaker on my next phone. Curved screen is a definite no for me, it adds zero, well except reflection and distortion at the edges.

Soldato
Hard to believe the 7T specs tbh (as much as i want to!) its way too similar to the 7T Pro...why would someone bother with the pro?!

I'd be happy if they dropped the Pro entirely and released a smaller version of the 7T (alongside the full-sized 7T). I don't think I've read a single review that didn't refer to the 7 Pro as too big and it sounds like the 7T non-pro is going to be almost the same size.

Soldato
I’m on my phone so it’s hard to link. GSMArena’s review of the galaxy Note 10+ camera used the Oneplus 7 Pro as a comparison and the reviewer expressed surprise that the OP looked better on many occasions. They are meant to revisit the comparison later.

I've had a look at the Note 10 review and there is no comparison to the OP7 Pro?

Soldato
I've had a look at the Note 10 review and there is no comparison to the OP7 Pro?

From here

"This is in stark contrast to our Galaxy S10+ vs OnePlus 7 Pro comparison where the former was a clear winner by a mile. Now, the 7 Pro seems to be ahead of both in most aspects. Since we did this comparison, the 7 Pro received several camera updates so this might explain the unexpected outcome in our short comparison here. We will try to delve deeper into this once the Note10+ gets officially released with the latest software updates and then we will do a more in-depth camera shootout."

Associate
Interestingly, I have the OnePlus 7 Pro with the latest Android 10 Open Beta, the phone is amazing apart from the camera which is so so, also tried gcam but the colours were always off.

Sometimes I could get good pics but on the whole I was never happy, this was especially true when trying to take photos of my 2 & 4 year olds, in good lighting conditions the camera could work well. When the light wasn't optimal (not dark) picture quality was not great.

I took a punt on a Note+ Plus having owned the Note 9 and Pixel 3 XL, I personally find the camera quality much better and I also get far less blurred shots.

I still have my 7 Pro and will keep as a backup, interested tos how they improve the quality as this is the only thing I didn't really like about it. Battery life and screen are amazing.

Pixel 3 is still the picture king, was going to wait for the Pixel 4 but the leaks put me off, I also prefer OneUI gestures to Android 10.

Overall very happy with the 10+, the OnePlus 7 Pro is very close and a few hundred quid cheaper.

Last edited:
Soldato
Bit the bullet and got the op7 Pro, coming Friday. Hope it's as nice as it looks and sounds on paper

It's a great phone. It's certainly the best phone I've earned. But then I'm an OP fanboy

Perhaps they have new designers in. Certainly not a good move in my opinion.

Much prefer the look of the current phones.

Seems to me that the T versions are going to look the same as the regular 7 models to they needed something to distinguish between the models.

Soldato
Hmm, not sure about the camera cluster, looks like a Motorola.
If a phone's going to wobble when it's on my desk, I'd rather it happened from the middle than the edge!
That looks horrible - I agree - Looks like my son's Moto g7 phone.

Not the slick looking phone that OP usually produce. Disappointing
Perhaps they have new designers in. Certainly not a good move in my opinion.

Much prefer the look of the current phones.
The OnePlus 7T Pro design is better than the non Pro version

48758595326_86a2841fd6_b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom