• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Help - 1660ti, 5700xt or 2070 Super

Soldato
The hot spot on my reference 5700 reaches 82c gaming at stock. This is in an old HAF 912 case. But, then again, my GTX 1060 always went 83c gaming. The thing is the fan at stock is set to max out at 39% no more. At 41%, which is still inaudible, that temp does not see 80c.

Point been? We do not have "hot spot" value from Nvidia to run comparison how hot they run there. So Core temperature is what we should bother then, which are comparable the Navi and any Nvidia core temps. When Nvidia provide us with Hot Spot values sure, lets start comparing it.

Also kinda pointless trying to compare apples & oranges of a GTX1060 in HAF 912 without any further other indication of room temp, how many fans the case has etc, on how hot a 5700XT can be.
You make wild assumptions.

Associate
Point been? We do not have "hot spot" value from Nvidia to run comparison how hot they run there. So Core temperature is what we should bother then, which are comparable the Navi and any Nvidia core temps. When Nvidia provide us with Hot Spot values sure, lets start comparing it.

Also kinda pointless trying to compare apples & oranges of a GTX1060 in HAF 912 without any further other indication of room temp, how many fans the case has etc, on how hot a 5700XT can be.
You make wild assumptions.

If we go by core, then my 5700 will be considered cold. It only reaches 74c. The GTX 1060 has only one fan, tho, in a Air 540 with 6 case fans.

Soldato
None of the above.

Vega 56. Better & cheaper. And like you say that you game 'little' on it. What's the point in overspending? By the time this reaches the level that the 970 is at now, you're gonna be able to pick up another £200-300 GPU that's gonna be great. In this case paying the prices for those cards makes no sense.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/powe...hbm2-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-193-pc.html

Lol at the 56 prices (on OCUK anyway) the Pulse is £30, and the Red Dragon £20, more expensive than I paid for my Red Dragon in June!

:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom