Caporegime
Might have lost the plot..... :confused:

IMG-20190911-140607.jpg

Autoglym Engine Cleaner
Aerospace 303 Protectant
Poor Boys Natural Look Dressing
Lots of WD40

Better do the cars next weekend I suppose. :p

Good effort. Looks like it needs a wheel cleaner and a rim sealant. Then a couple coats of ceramic, then you'll be golden.

Associate
Ran out of Gyeon WetCoat and wasn't that impressed with Bathe+, so ordered some replacements from CarPro. I've read good things about Reset and the HydrO2 Lite looks to be an excellent WetCoat alternative.

Love the new branding of their products.

CarPro Reset is a great shampoo.... I use about 35ml in a large bucket and I can still top it up with more water with plenty more suds after I have been all the way around my Karoq!!

Associate
Have you guys tried the new "hybrid" spray waxes/ceramic things? I've been using the Maguire Hybrid one for the last few washes, and I have to say it's quite amazing. Pretty easy to apply (dry, or on wet car before drying) -- and the most interesting thing is, it definitely help keep the car clean. Rain help 'wash' the dist/dirt away and the car still look 'clean' after 2 weeks on the road...
Away, I think it's pretty neat...

co1XqZS.jpg

Soldato
First time in this thread, anyone recommend car wax?

I bought some autoglim aquawax, it's ok, bit weird how you kinda wipe it on wet.

Not looking for anything too fancy, and not anything that gives a high gloss finish either.

Ta.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime

I bought some autoglim aquawax, it's ok, bit weird how you kinda wipe it on wet.

Not looking for anything too fancy, and not anything that gives a high gloss finish either.

Ta.

For a traditional style wax application you can look at something like Bilt Hamber Double Speed Wax.

I'm a big fan of the new spray on while wet and rinse off type sealants. So easy to get a layer of protection on the car that doesn't need curing, buffing etc.

Man of Honour

Ta.

Budget? What are you hoping to achieve over aqua wax? Does it have to be a wax?

Soldato
Last edited:
Man of Honour
Just something that protects the paint, helps keep water and dirt off. Cheap and cheerful.

Nothing against the aquawax as such, I'll stick with it if it's supposed to be ok.

Aqua wax or sonax bsd are great for topping up a wax/sealant already on the car and leave a good shine, but there are better products for the primary seal. If you have a pressure washer I would just use polar seal. If not just a cheap wax from any of the main brands like meguiars, bilt hamber, autoglym etc. Autoglym EGP is super easy to apply and lasts for months.

Soldato
The paint work, no, the clear coat yes. A scratch in the clear coat can only be removed by removing some of the clear coat, in turn removing the scratch. If it's a deep scratch then you'd struggle to remove it this way.
I see what you mean, would it look bad with some of the clear coat removed? my car is deep sapphire blue metallic paint. as long as it doesn't look bad and take the light scratches off I would do it.
Thx

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I see what you mean, would it look bad with some of the clear coat removed? my car is deep sapphire blue metallic paint. as long as it doesn't look bad and take the light scratches off I would do it.
Thx

No the clear coat is clear so removing some is perfectly normal and you cannot see it. The polish I linked isn't a heavy cutting compound so won't leave marring, it will break down nicely to a mirror finish.

Soldato
No the clear coat is clear so removing some is perfectly normal and you cannot see it. The polish I linked isn't a heavy cutting compound so won't leave marring, it will break down nicely to a mirror finish.

Ok cheers I have ordered them, I don't need drill right? can just do it by hand?
Thanks again :)

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Ok cheers I have ordered them, I don't need drill right? can just do it by hand?
Thanks again :)

Correct. I just popped out and did a small scratch I noticed a few days ago.

dBxOtQb.jpg

gone.

BSzwIoB.jpg

Just make sure you work it in properly with a medium pressure. It will start to go clear as the abrasives work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom