******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Caporegime
I can't believe this game still isn't out. I posted about three years ago asking if this game was done yet. I was met with massive hostility. Now I just feel a wee bit gutted for all those who had high hopes. This is never going to be Life 2.0 in space. I feel sorry for those who have pledged anything above $100

Technically it was released in 2012, it has an environment and its playable but i know what you mean and yes i agree its taking too long, much too long to get all its content in and completed.

This frustrates people, including me however like many others i enjoy playing the game as it is, every new thing added is a bonus. its existing environment is enough to make a fun game out of.

Soldato
I can't believe this game still isn't out. I posted about three years ago asking if this game was done yet. I was met with massive hostility. Now I just feel a wee bit gutted for all those who had high hopes. This is never going to be Life 2.0 in space. I feel sorry for those who have pledged anything above $100
Blame some of the players mate. They want this game to have a million star systems all rendered 1:1 with same graphics as the cgi in star wars and have unlimited player count lag free to boot

Soldato
OP
Plenty examples in this thread alone stating how many wanted more stuff. The goal posts have moved dramatically since this game was announced.

Nah you said people wanted the impossible, I don't remember anyone pushing for what you described. Do they want it to look good? Yes, do they want it to be insanely large like Elite Dangerous? No.

Soldato
Lol!

I sold the racing ship you got with the AMD code many years ago for what I recall for about £80 which meant I got my bounty pledge with the lifetime insurance for free (which I still have) and made some profit on top :D

Huh I have one of these ships gathering dust since I bought the 295X2 ages ago. (5+ years!!!!!)
And because the old AMD vouchers included the full game (offline, online and fps), not the compartmentalized mess afterwards which has become 3-4 different games, not going to sell it because well, until I die might come out :D

Soldato

Shhh. Don't say such things in this discussion, otherwise you will be called heretic :D

But I am with you. SC was announced over 7 years ago and many months before the ED Kickstarter took place (November 2012).
Since then we had ED launched and running for 5 years almost, we also had X:Rebirth (and all it's DLCs), X:R VR, X4 (we have Split DLC in 2 months), No Man Sky and Subnautica. To name a few similar games.
In the mean time
a) Mantle came and gone, and CIS spend years developing or it, including TrueAudio :rolleyes:
b) 290X is now low end and extinct, but still remember Chris presentation on the 290X launch day showing how amazing the graphics were with that card when it comes out...."shortly".... :rolleyes:
c) CryEngine came and gone, making it now for Amazon Lumberyard. Hell even Crytek went bust in the mean time.
d) And children born in 2012 are not on their 2nd year at school in UK :p By the time the game is released they might be half way their pension :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Huh I have one of these ships gathering dust since I bought the 295X2 ages ago. (5+ years!!!!!)
And because the old AMD vouchers included the full game (offline, online and fps), not the compartmentalized mess afterwards which has become 3-4 different games, not going to sell it because well, until I die might come out :D
Sell it and treat yourself to an RTX card. You won’t regret it apparently :D

Soldato
Sell it and treat yourself to an RTX card. You won’t regret it apparently :D

Pah who buys one year old tech. The 5700XT AE is good enough. And I do not have to get finance to afford the natural upgrade which is the one year old 2080ti. :D
(wrote finance because now EVGA is offering 0% finance to buy their 2080ti, next year they will be booking you to the hospital for kidney and lung removal)

Back
Top Bottom