• iPhone 11 Pro - 512Gb

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 64Gb

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 256Gb

Votes: 41 13.7%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 512Gb

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 51 17.0%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 109 36.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
I wonder why I can finance/pre-order the iPhone 11 Pro Max now, either with PayPal or Barclays through the purchase process, at 14% APR, but I can't use the iUP programme which is also done through Barclays which offers 0% APR.

Mobster
Soldato
I wonder why I can finance/pre-order the iPhone 11 Pro Max now, either with PayPal or Barclays through the purchase process, at 14% APR, but I can't use the iUP programme which is also done through Barclays which offers 0% APR.

iUP is only via an Apple Store in person.

Man of Honour
Has anyone switched from a Plus sized iPhone to a X/XS? How does it compare. The screen size is larger but the phone is thinner than a Plus. Do most Plus users go for the Max?
I went from a 7+ to a X and I’m happy with the choice. My work XR feels too big.

Last edited:
Soldato
Do you know what the rationale might be behind that? I assume that means credit check in store?
You can order it through Very on 0%, just pay the balance off within 12 months to avoid any interest, you can make payments as often as you like, no set amount either.

Soldato
You can order it through Very on 0%, just pay the balance off within 12 months to avoid any interest, you can make payments as often as you like, no set amount either.
Thanks, spotted Currys also offer 0%, I could always use a 0% card too, I guess the idea of early upgrading at 11 months as part of the iUP programme was appealing.

Man of Honour
Amazon are also allowing 5 monthly payments interest free as an option too.
That to me is a much better option if you don't have (or don't want to spend) £1000+ on a new phone in one go. Plus the returns on Amazon are absolutely brilliant and I would imagine they would replace the phone outside of the Apple warranty without too much fuss.

Soldato
Better battery life, brighter screen, faster CPU, superior cameras, ultra-wide band, esim thats just a few reasons....

Battery life does sound good, but will it last the whole day? I have to charge my X twice a day.
Brighter screen? I don't sit outside all day.
Faster processor? What good is it - my games run fast and my phone is snappy and quick, why do I need a faster CPU unless there are some iPhone 11 pro exclusive games?
Cameras? I hardly take photos
5g? No 5g support

And all the improvement are minor - if they added 20 hours battery life, made the processor fast enough to run proper games and with a proper input device other than fake buttons on the screen then sure I'd be impressed.

Last edited:
Soldato
Depends what you do with it? Twice a day seems excessive unless, my XS battery is always around 30% at the end of the day and that's with quite a lot of use.

It's running youtube and spotify for music roughly 7 hours a day and about 2 hours of gaming/web browsing/videos. And the battery life is sitting at 84%

Soldato
Hi have a reservation for the 11 pro silver on the upgrade scheme. I wonder if:

A) they’ll let me change colour if available
B) they’ll let me change to the plan without Apple care (I have specific phone insurance through my bank)

Soldato
Hi have a reservation for the 11 pro silver on the upgrade scheme. I wonder if:

A) they’ll let me change colour if available
B) they’ll let me change to the plan without Apple care (I have specific phone insurance through my bank)

Depends on the store .

Colour is no problem but official policy is phones reserved for iUP remain for iUP.
Last year however my store had enough free to ignore this.

Man of Honour
I think my MacBook Pro is about to be sold, so I've ordered an 11 Pro 256GB in silver (have the black iPhone X now) from Amazon using their interest free over 5 months offer. I'll give it a test drive over the weekend and return it if I don't think it's much of an improvement. But, you know, I'm a bloke and shiny new tech thing will win me over and I'll end up keeping it no doubt. :D

Soldato
I think my MacBook Pro is about to be sold, so I've ordered an 11 Pro 256GB in silver (have the black iPhone X now) from Amazon using their interest free over 5 months offer. I'll give it a test drive over the weekend and return it if I don't think it's much of an improvement. But, you know, I'm a bloke and shiny new tech thing will win me over and I'll end up keeping it no doubt. :D

It's definitely not going back :p

Man of Honour
What's a fair price to sell a X 256GB to a friend for? It's just had a new screen and battery (done by Apple) and has Apple Care for another 6 or so weeks. I'm thinking £400-450 or so?

Back
Top Bottom