• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Permabanned
I didn't bother - I've heard the sticker acts as a heatspreader to a small degree.

Yeah cheers, After asking here I got to the bit in the video where we see him not taking the sticker off and then adding the motherboard heatsink, he saw a massive difference in performance between the 960 under & not under for prolonged testing so I think I'll be sticking mine on later.

Caporegime
OP
Permabanned
Did you manage to get 4K60FPS recordings working at 4K?

I tried it by doing this: I set it to record at 4k & 60 fps in Wattman,

Okay I'm back I used Fraps to see whats going on and in game the fps was in 3 figures & when I left the game & played back the video of it Fraps was registering the recording as being in the 70's.

Is that reliable?

If not tell me how to do a test & I will.

Associate
Permabanned
Soldato
AMD Wattman isn't reporting a fan speed % for me. This is happening on 19.5.2, 19.7.5 and 19.9.2. On top of that every fan curve just seems to be ignore. Occasionally the fans will just spin up to 100% and slowly come back down, even when idle.

Anyone have any ideas?

Caporegime
OP
It seemed to work yes, You're also on Navi now then?

That's why I mentioned how fraps recorded the fps in game while recording & the fps of the recording when I played the recording back.
Cheers.

Yes mine only records at 3440 and higher at 30FPS, not sure why.

Must be a local system issue if you can capture 4K60 using ReLive/Navi.

Permabanned
Cheers.

Yes mine only records at 3440 and higher at 30FPS, not sure why.

Must be a local system issue if you can capture 4K60 using ReLive/Navi.

It's an odd one, I hope you figure it out mate.

AMD Wattman isn't reporting a fan speed % for me. This is happening on 19.5.2, 19.7.5 and 19.9.2. On top of that every fan curve just seems to be ignore. Occasionally the fans will just spin up to 100% and slowly come back down, even when idle.

Anyone have any ideas?

https://www.amdsurveys.com/se/5A1E27D23A3DE966

Put a ticket in, I've seen the same thing but not all the time so the more of us that report it the better. :)

Back
Top Bottom