*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Associate
Yes I'd get plus right away. Then go download the plus games this month. Greats games.

Depends what types of games you like as to what to get.
Any of these will keep you busy(from my previous post):
Bloodborne
Days Gone(Mixed review)
Horizon Zero Dawn
Death Stranding(later this year)
Final Fantasy 7 Remake (next year)
Ghost of Tsushima(To be released)
God of war 2018
Gran Turismo Sport
Infamous
Persona 5
Killzone Shadowfall
Fist of the north star Lost Paradise
Yakuza 6(This may also get PC port but nothing confirmed)
Judgment (Studio that develop Yakuza, this may get PC port but just have to wait and see)
The Last Guardian
The last of us 2 (To be released)
mediEvil remake
Ratchet and clank 2016
Spiderman 2018
Uncharted 4
Until Dawn

Re-releases(remastered):
Uncharted 1-3
God of war 2&3
Shadow of Colossus
Yakuza 0, Kiwami 1&2 (also available on PC)
The Last of us 1

Soldato
Thanks for game list. Console arrived today so I picked up Uncharted 4 at cex for a tenner.

Loving it so far. God of War and Rdr2 will be next.

Just need resident evil 2 from someone / somewhere cheap.

If you need PSN credit for less than face value electronicfirst.com and cdkeys.com are good.

Soldato
Does anyone PS4 pro sound like a jet engine when playing certain games? I bought red dead redemption 2 and it's mental I turned the game off after 30 mins.

I have the God of war PS4 pro and it didn't even whine playing god of war. I think I need to invest in a sound bar to drown the noise out.

Soldato
Does anyone PS4 pro sound like a jet engine when playing certain games? I bought red dead redemption 2 and it's mental I turned the game off after 30 mins.

I have the God of war PS4 pro and it didn't even whine playing god of war. I think I need to invest in a sound bar to drown the noise out.

it never made a sound when going to GoW’s map?

Soldato
Nope it was fine on the map on god of war. The PlayStation is well ventilated on the top of the TV stand with nothing blocking it. My other issue is playing the game on a 40" TV that has poor image quality. I can't see dark scenes very well and everything is a bit small. Everyone raved about horizon zero dawn and red dead having good graphics. For me I can't see it on my TV. Priority is to get a better TV and also a sound bar to go with it.

Soldato
If you have the first model of Pro it can get very loud. Mine is especially cloud when super sample mode is on. That's when it uses the extra power to improve games on a 1080p screen

V F

V F

Soldato
Nope it was fine on the map on god of war. The PlayStation is well ventilated on the top of the TV stand with nothing blocking it. My other issue is playing the game on a 40" TV that has poor image quality. I can't see dark scenes very well and everything is a bit small. Everyone raved about horizon zero dawn and red dead having good graphics. For me I can't see it on my TV. Priority is to get a better TV and also a sound bar to go with it.

Yeah, Horizon has a lot of very dark scenes more so in the dungeons. You'll need good shadow detail for that.

Soldato
Having a rubbish TV has actually stopped me playing my PlayStation, which is quite crazy really. And now there's a game that turns it into a hairdryer it's a bit annoying really.

Soldato
Having a rubbish TV has actually stopped me playing my PlayStation, which is quite crazy really. And now there's a game that turns it into a hairdryer it's a bit annoying really.
You can get 4k HDR sets fairly cheap now. Might be worth getting one.

Also if it's a pro go to display setting and disable Super Sampling mode if it's on. When I switch that on while on my 1080p telly the fan goes crazy on most games.

Associate
Not sure if anyone is interested but sunset orange controllers are 25 quid on eBay. Got mine today. Look amazing.

Be warned though. I also purchased on Ebay and it looked very genuine. The packaging and controller felt genuine or very close to it but the battery only lasted about three hours on full charge. The button presses felt slightly less solid but a very good copy nevertheless. I also bought a blue one with the same issue. I don't believe they were genuine as I bought another one from another site for around £42.00 and that was much more like my original controller and the battery lasts around 11-12 hours like it should.

How is the battery on your new one?

Back
Top Bottom