34GK950F

Associate
I noticed OcUK has had these in stock for a couple of weeks now. Anybody bought one of this latest batch? Have the issues previously reported improved? e.g. blb, glow Any new issues cropped up?

I'll wait a bit for a price drop (Black Friday maybe?) since they don't seem to be instantly selling out anymore.

It's either this or the CRG9 and I just can't decide at the moment?

What's OcUK returns policy if I just don't like the monitor rather than it being faulty e.g. can't stand the black smearing on the CRG9?

Soldato
You can certainly expect some bleed and glow... to what extent is very much down to the good old fashioned panel lottery, but all IPS panels suffer from it to some degree or another. The CRG9 will be better in this regard, but it's quite a different beast of course, and not without its own potential faults/issues.

Associate
So I recently decided not to wait for the 38” due to its price and the probability of better mainstream HDR10 monitors arriving in the next 3-5 years. Instead I opted for the much cheaper 34” as I will feel much less guilty if I move on from it earlier than my normal 7-9 years.

It’s my first ultrawide and high refresh rate monitor and I’m in love. It has a manufactured date of Aug 2019. It’s corners are perfect, no bleed at all in the corners. In a perfectly dark room, using a camera the lens detects some minor glow in the top left but very slight. Not detectable to my eye in the dark, and obviously not with some background lighting on. It’s glorious.

In full disclosure I will state that I actually purchased TWO monitors from my dealer (intending to keep the best one) and the other monitor, while it also had excellent corners and minimal glow, did have an issue with the actual display itself. There was a large ‘blob’ of discolouration in one section of the panel...not glow but an obvious manufacturer defect. I feel my strategy was correct and am glad I bought from a local dealer instead of going online.

TLDR: bought 2 monitors, both have excellent corners, non-existent bleed, insignificant/not noticeable glow. One had an obvious manufacturing defect, returned it, the other one is glorious.

Soldato
I mean you're asking if an IPS panel has IPS glow... of course it does.
the CRG9 is amazing and i firmly think the best monitor in the business if you ignore HDR but the QA is just ridiculously poor. I've been through 3 myself, and settled on one with 2 dead pixels, which amazon said they'll take back in 6 months if they don't start selling the panel again.

Its going to be hard to go back from 32:9 but I'll personally probably just get AW341DW or whichever is the best IPS panel value for money at the time and an LG OLED TV now it has 120hz/gsync.

Associate
OP
I don't mind a little glow, blb etc. I don't expect it to be perfect. My Dell U2713HM which I have just now has a little glow and blb which I don't notice during actual use.

It was really just about whether the latest batches had an overall improvement in quality, since the early ones seemed really bad.

@JGF111 Thanks for that. Exactly the kind of info I was after. I'll just hold out for a drop in price now. The G version has been sub £1000 a few times so hopefully the F might be too if there's more stock floating around now. OcUK have had 10+ in stock for a while now.

Back
Top Bottom