Google One

Associate
I have just had an email...
Welcome to Google One

Your Google Drive plan has been officially upgraded to Google One. You can now share your storage with your family group, get access to Google experts and enjoy a few extras.

My 100GB Drive plan Storage which was £15.99 is now going to be £17.99 next year.
Just a heads up as I didn't get any notification of the price increase.

Soldato
Yeah, I've just got this too. You get £4 for the Play Store with it... not sure why. Also, when I go to one.google.com all I see are the plans and such, not my drive... so is it really launched yet?

Soldato
Thanks for heads up, had zero notification about the price rise! I'm paying £1.50 for 100gb, and that's now changed to £1.99.
Just logged in and changed my payment £15.99 a year :)
And redeemed my £4 voucher :D

Mick

Associate
OP
@AndyCr15 Yes it's live. Are you using a VPN ? Try https://one.google.com/home
I also got the £4 credit which I shall rent a movie for my kids with :D

I did use the 'Talk to a google expert' chat button and asked about the price rise. She said it was because of all the extra's we get with Google One.... That nice chat feature and the ability to share your storage across your family which I am now using and is a good idea for me at least.
Here is an email she sent me after our chat had ended..
Hello Simon,
Thank you for being a Google One member!

We had a chat interaction earlier today and you had a question about the email receive with regards to the Google One migration and the price increase in the storage plan.

Would you like to know more about Google One? Google One is a simple plan for expanded storage that includes extra benefits.

With a Google One membership, you get direct access to experts for help with Google products and services, can invite up to 5 family members to share your storage plan, and can enjoy extra benefits.

Expanded storage: The Google One storage plan covers Google Drive, Gmail, and Google Photos.

Benefits: With your Google One membership, you are eligible for benefits that can be redeemed by a variety of Google products such as Google Play and Google Store. For example:

• Google Play credit promotional values
  • Discount rates off hotels booked on Google
  • Google Shopping offers
  • Google Play offers
  • Google Store offers
  • 3rd party benefits
Enhanced customer support: You get direct access to experts for help with Google products and services.

You can get more info on getting started with Google One in our help center.

Should you have any more questions about Google One, please do not hesitate to reply to this email.

Thanks,
Elle
The Google One team

So there you go :)

Soldato
That link still just shows me pricing and such?

They had said at some point Google One was replacing Google Drive, the email above makes it sound more like Google Drive will be part of Google One which was a larger thing containing lots of benefits...

Associate
OP
I thought Google One was just the cloud storage price plans and Drive was separate anyway.
It's very confusing really.

Upgrade to Google One from Drive

With Google One, you can:

• Get more storage on Google Drive, Gmail and Google Photos.
  • Call or chat with experts to answer your questions about Google products and services.
  • Use extra benefits to get more out of Google.
  • Share your membership with up to five family members.

Upgrade from Drive, then it says get more storage for Drive ?? :confused::confused:

Associate
OP
Yes I agree. When I'm in Google Drive and then click UPGRADE STORAGE it takes me to Google One :)
Why didn't they just add this in Google pay and call it Storage Plans or something similar. :D

Soldato
These are the two emails I got from Google.
The issue I have is nowhere does it mention a price hike for my 100Gb. While the price hasn't gone up just yet, I've changed my payment from monthly to annually. Still at the old price of £15.99
Every little helps ;)

Mick

Last edited:
Soldato
Just been on their support chat as I can't see my brothers 2TB plan. Apparently I can't share mine and see his... but then mine is only 120GB, so I turn sharing off on that and should see his 2TB at some point... just in case anyone else was wondering :)

Once I do, I assume I can cancel my subscription and just use his?

Soldato
Didn't even know I was on google one until I just saw this thread! Never even heard of it. I have 100GB drive, logged in to One.google.com and had a little banner to say I could claim one for free, didn't get a single email or anything. What a result! Thanks for posting about this! I love free stuff!

Last edited:
Associate
From the FAQs

What’s the difference between Google One and Google Drive?
Google Drive is a storage service. Google One is a subscription plan that gives you more storage to use across Google Drive, Gmail and Google Photos. What's more, with Google One, you receive extra benefits and can share your membership with your family.

How you use Google Drive doesn’t change, so you don’t have to worry about losing or transferring anything.

Learn more about how Google One works with Google Drive, Gmail and Google Photos.

Soldato
From the FAQs

What’s the difference between Google One and Google Drive?
Google Drive is a storage service. Google One is a subscription plan that gives you more storage to use across Google Drive, Gmail and Google Photos. What's more, with Google One, you receive extra benefits and can share your membership with your family.

How you use Google Drive doesn’t change, so you don’t have to worry about losing or transferring anything.

Learn more about how Google One works with Google Drive, Gmail and Google Photos.

Did you just not read any of the recent comments? Or notice that the original thread was from a year ago :confused:

On another note - no freebie for me :(

Back
Top Bottom