Driveways!

Associate
Does anyone have any recommendations when it comes to creating a driveway? I know we have to get the council to drop the kerb, but how about any new fangled eco-materials out there so we can avoid concrete or gravel? Thanks.

Soldato
I'd probably have mine tarmacked or just concrete.
Looked at resin but to be done properly it's tarmacked first then done and it's not easy to repair.
Flags are rubbish always come loose and crack.
Blocks I don't like either.

Soldato
Had ours block paved last year, 100m2 and looks so much better then when it was previously gravelled. Cost wise blocks are pretty reasonable. Had plenty of complements on how much better it looks since getting it done. Best advice is get at least 3-4 quotes from trades people with good reviews or recommendations.

Associate
We are currently having ours done at the moment. Gone with the block paved route. Had a tarmac drive at previous house and felt it looked cheap. Contemplated resin, but worried about oil dripping on it or marking it and the whole thing being ruined. With blocks worst case you can pop some out and replace.

Associate
OP
Soldato
Soldato
We laid similar to the ecogrid on the edge of our turf to allow driving on the grass to help shuffle 3 cars on the drive after the previous owner built an extension. It helps keep the ground level for access instead of churning up mud with regular driving but don't expect grass to survive on the area you're regularly driving over or under the car if parked for long periods during the day, it will look a mess after a few weeks. For a drive I'd use ecogrid with small loose gravel if that's the system you want to use, grass won't grow properly.

Soldato
I'm having a nightmare with SuDS at the moment. 50K driveway, and all sorts of issues relating to this. I look around, and everyone's just slapping down resin\non-perm tarmac\pressed concrete without a care in the world and the council don't seem to bat an eye-lid. I must be doing something wrong.

Back
Top Bottom