Wardrobing

Soldato
Um, no it's actually the complete opposite. Clothes can't go back 'as new' because they've been worn by someone else. The filter, if looked after will be exactly as new
Last one I bought was in a sealed pack. Long time ago, though.

Exactly. It's all very unhygienic. There's a reason you can't return underwear, swim clothes and earrings etc.
Yes, and there's a reason you can return other clothing :D

Although you can return swimwear.

Soldato
As mentioned, some companies put things on that need to be removed before they're properly usable. We just need more of that, so you don't get people wearing them before returning.

This is a much better idea than blacklisting customers based on return levels. As you said, sizing is so inconsistent across brands that ordering a set of sizes to try is almost a necessity and a vital component sometimes to whether I actually order or just not bother.

Soldato
OP
This is a much better idea than blacklisting customers based on return levels. As you said, sizing is so inconsistent across brands that ordering a set of sizes to try is almost a necessity and a vital component sometimes to whether I actually order or just not bother.

Yes, it's a good shout as it keeps everyone happy (except the freeloaders :)).

Caporegime
I’m sure the more determined will get around tags etc...

You don’t really need it, you can just ban the abusers.

Soldato
I’m sure the more determined will get around tags etc...

You don’t really need it, you can just ban the abusers.

How would you differentiate between abusers and those that want to try multiple sizes or to check the fit before deciding to keep or return?

Caporegime
How would you differentiate between abusers and those that want to try multiple sizes or to check the fit before deciding to keep or return?

By looking at the data, see who actually buys the stuff!

If you're intent on saving money by simply buying, wearing and then sending back then you're going to have a bit of a different pattern to someone who buys a few and then keeps the one that fits or buys a handful of things but returns one or two of them etc..

Of course there is still some uncertainty - you might have say a regular paying customer who does it once for some fancy event or something and you're going to have to have some tolerance for that.

Caporegime
Well yeah - There are 89 different 'models' of outdoor trouser on the website I last used, with up to 55 colour variants but really only 7 or 8 common ones. That could see me ordering and then sending back "due to inaccurate fit" almost two years' worth of trousers.
Am I abusing the system... or just trying to find one ************* pair of trousers that actually have the 30" waist that the tag says they do?

Neither, you’d be a bit of a weirdo that’s costing them money and they might well want to ban too.

Man of Honour
No - but it has kind of lead to a situation where I have almost a wardrobe full of clothing that I've worn maybe once or for short term reasons or in some cases not even taken out the packing - I guess at least the charity shops benefit every once in awhile when I have a clear out.

Pretty scummy behaviour the way all too many people approach it though IMO - I give a certain amount of leeway because so many places are inconsistent in sizes and colour, etc. but only a little.

Thread reminds me once when I was in a shop and someone in front of me was returning a suitcase because they'd bought it, taken it home and opened it up to find several pairs of soiled underwear, discarded medicines and other stuff someone had obviously been on holiday, left their **** in it and taken it back for a refund after their holiday and it had been resold. Unbelievable how scummy some people are.

Associate
I was recently in a branch of next when a guy was trying to return a suit. I overheard the shop assistant at the till refusing to accept the return as the suit jacket literally had food and drink stains all down the front of it. The guy was claiming he had never worn it. The shop assistant stood firm and after throwing a little strop, the guy left.

Genuinely couldn't believe what I was seeing/hearing and didn't realise this kind of thing was so prevalent.

Permabanned
I exclusively do it with speedos, ones that are a few sizes too small so they really hug my arse crack. My crack is fickle tho, so I'll often quickly get bored within an hour or so, except that one time I found the most heavenly pair that I wore for 3+ months straight - I never even thought to return those, and finally I simply couldn't resist the temptation to cook them in a Yorkshire pudding that turned out flatter than my arse.

Back
Top Bottom