Poll: Singapore Grand Prix 2019, Singapore - Race 15/21

Rate the 2019 Singapore Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
BedFAcY.png
Singapore
When was the track built?
The Marina Bay Circuit arrived on the scene in 2008. A street track with the city's famous skyline as its spectacular backdrop, the initial circuit plan by Herman Tilke was refined by KBR Inc, while the event has quickly established itself as one of the standouts on the F1 calendar.
When was its first Grand Prix?
In 2008, Singapore had the honour of hosting the first night-time race in F1 history. The Grand Prix – the 15th round of that season – proved a huge hit with the teams and drivers, while Renault’s Fernando Alonso claimed a controversial victory.
What’s the circuit like?
The 5.063km Marina Bay Circuit is one of the most physically demanding on the calendar, its bumpy street surface coupled with humid conditions giving the drivers plenty to think about. With 23 corners, they are working the wheel a lot, too, around the high-speed lap – the physical stress causing them to lose as much as 3kg over the course of a race. The circuit also boasts some of the most unique features of any track on the F1 calendar, including Turn 18, which actually sees the drivers pass underneath a grandstand.
Why go?
If you want to see Singapore at its best, there’s no better time to do so than when Formula 1 arrives in the heart of this buzzing city. Get the lay of the land by taking a ride on the Singapore Flyer, a giant Ferris wheel overlooking the track’s permanent pits complex, then get stuck into Singapore’s incredible bar and restaurant scene. Cocktail fanatics should also make a pilgrimage to the famous Raffles Hotel – the proper home of the Singapore Sling (non-alcoholic versions are available!)
Where is the best place to watch?
Get yourself comfy in the grandstand located at Turn 1, which offers spectacular views as the cars accelerate into the first corner, before braking hard and whipping through Turns 2 and 3. You’ll get a great view of the start too – expect to see plenty of sparks fly as the drivers blast off the line.

TV Times
Sky:
bYfpnMR.png
C4:
Saturday - 6.30pm Qualifying Highlights
Sunday - 7pm Race Highlights

Track Diagram & Information
tmWD3Fs.png

Weather Forecast
O1bF8YK.png

2018 Race Highlights
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...ngapore-grand-prix.IXQcfVZz4QqAUQQCOqEo2.html

WDC Standings
SSnB56e.png

Constructors' Championship Standings
kP1u1Vw.png

Practice 1
woUcm8M.png

Practice 2
HnW4u0G.png

Practice 3
Wy4N4P9.png

Qualifying
KCx79C4.png

Race
WA66RqI.png

Last edited:
Soldato
I actually enjoy this track. There's enough challenge in the track to punish a driver who's tiring or not paying sufficient attention, and the overtaking, although limited to only a few parts of the track, is difficult enough to make a spectacle.

It'll be interesting to see if RBR can push Mercedes here.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
HAAS keeping the same drivers for 2020. Madness, it's like they want to stay where they are. Two under-achievers who surely aren't any cheaper or have sponsor appeal over other prospects. I don't get it. Maybe they're hanging in till the 2021 rule changes with a hope to attract better talent and writing next year off but so far their drivers have been the weak link, an embarrassing one.

Soldato
It really is beyond belief. Still we can hope for the Holy Trifecta - he's crashed on his own in the pit lane, he's crashed on his own behind the safety car, we just need that elusive formation lap binning moment.

Soldato
HAAS keeping the same drivers for 2020. Madness, it's like they want to stay where they are. Two under-achievers who surely aren't any cheaper or have sponsor appeal over other prospects. I don't get it. Maybe they're hanging in till the 2021 rule changes with a hope to attract better talent and writing next year off but so far their drivers have been the weak link, an embarrassing one.
Really?! Can't believe Grosjean has kept his seat, I was fully expecting Hulk to take it.

Soldato
His only possibilities now are Alfa, assuming they ditch Gio which is very well possible as he's been poor, and this is his second try, or Williams.

Red Bull could technically have a seat free if Albon performs dismally in last few races, but I can't see that happening. Even if it did, they'd promote from within.

Associate
Can't believe Haas are doing this.

Soldato
It really is beyond belief. Still we can hope for the Holy Trifecta - he's crashed on his own in the pit lane, he's crashed on his own behind the safety car, we just need that elusive formation lap binning moment.

He crashed on the way to line up on the grid in Brazil 2016, so near enough a formation lap

Man of Honour
Love this one. Especially the Ferrari sandwich and the excitement in the lead up of 'OMG, its raining!'. Pretty much guaranteed safety car leading to some good unpredictability. That said, barring a safety car it should be an easy Hamilton win. I am curious to see how Red Bull shape up here, they seem to have been preparing for this race over the last couple.

Soldato
Was amazing experiencing this race in person last year, can't wait to go back.

Should be a good race and I expect Red Bull to be fighting it out for the front row with the Mercs.

Associate
Love this one. Especially the Ferrari sandwich and the excitement in the lead up of 'OMG, its raining!'. Pretty much guaranteed safety car leading to some good unpredictability. That said, barring a safety car it should be an easy Hamilton win. I am curious to see how Red Bull shape up here, they seem to have been preparing for this race over the last couple.

Hamilton should win, but I don’t think it will be easy. Verstappen pushed him quite hard last year. So long as Vettel isn’t near him it could all be a Verstappen win

Man of Honour
Hamilton should win, but I don’t think it will be easy. Verstappen pushed him quite hard last year. So long as Vettel isn’t near him it could all be a Verstappen win

It depends on the form that Verstappen is currently in - he was doing well until the last two races that were a bit of a disaster for him. I doubt Hamilton would defend too hard either, he just wants a maximum points haul now with minimal risk.

Man of Honour
Merc tend to struggle a bit here historically. I'd go for Verstappen to pick up his third win of the year, assuming the Honda donkey doesn't need yet more parts.

Except the year Hamilton needed to open up a pit stop gap and did so - one of the few times we saw their true pace at the start of the hybrid era.

Mercedes also have a different design philosophy this year - I would have said they were particularly great at aero in previous years. It’ll be interesting. Hamilton’s pole lap last year was crazy.

Back
Top Bottom