The OcUK Relationship Counselling and Hugs Thread

Soldato
I don't think @Electroshadow can lose any of his properties since he was smart enough not to marry her. However, the court can block the sale of his home until the kids are over 18 but he''ll still own it. Like I said he needs to act now and also try to delay any legal action from his ex until his assets are secured and if he wants to escape child support moving out of the UK is always an option.

Don
I don't think @Electroshadow can lose any of his properties since he was smart enough not to marry her. However, the court can block the sale of his home until the kids are over 18 but he''ll still own it. Like I said he needs to act now and also try to delay any legal action from his ex until his assets are secured and if he wants to escape child support moving out of the UK is always an option.

Your post started off strong, but encouraging him to abandon his children is proper :rolleyes:

Soldato
Your post started off strong, but encouraging him to abandon his children is proper :rolleyes:
The children will get their support from the taxpayer who allowed welfare laws to pass. The witch is already blackmailing him with "Either I get the house or I'll try to block you from ever seeing your children again". She is the one breaking up the family and using children as weapons and the sole person responsible if any peril comes to them.

Associate
Hold on a minute.... Would just like to say my kids and my family are everything too me that's the reason I get up in the morning.
So support for them how ever it ends up being is never in question.

Soldato
Hold on a minute.... Would just like to say my kids and my family are everything too me that's the reason I get up in the morning.
So support for them how ever it ends up being is never in question.
No one claimed otherwise. :) Like most men in your situation you're a good family man that doesn't deserve whats happening. However, I'll say one last thing. Society "institutionalises" men like you and you only realise that when you're too old to do anything about it. Think carefully of how you proceed and try to be a bit selfish for your own good.

Last edited:
Soldato
No one claimed otherwise. :) Like most men in your situation you're a good family man that doesn't deserve whats happening. However, I'll say one last thing. Society "institutionalises" men like you and you only realise that when you're too old to do anything about it. Think carefully of how you proceed and try to be a bit selfish for your own good.

I don't think that "being a bit selfish for your own good" quite equates to "moving out of the UK to escape child support".

Soldato
I don't know, if a woman was trying to deny me seeing children while also have me pay for them (read: pay for her to sit on her arse), I might just take myself some where warm so she can think about her actions and put money aside for the kids when they're older. But I'll go the full nuclear option with people who try to **** me over 10 times out 10

Soldato
I don't know, if a woman was trying to deny me seeing children while also have me pay for them (read: pay for her to sit on her arse), I might just take myself some where warm so she can think about her actions and put money aside for the kids when they're older. But I'll go the full nuclear option with people who try to **** me over 10 times out 10

So instead of fighting to see your children, you'd swan off elsewhere to save a few quid? Whilst I agree that it does seem unreasonable to need to pay child support when you're being denied access, it's still a necessity - and if it got to court, a judge would certainly notice.

Caporegime
It’s not really the sign of a good man or father to escape the country just to get back at your ex financially is it?

One way or another you need to come to terms with what has happened and face up to it, not run away from it unless you don’t care what your children will think of you. Saving money till they’re adults and dumping it on them won’t mean much to them really and as long as he handles it correctly there should be no reason he can’t see his children grow up.

Soldato
So instead of fighting to see your children, you'd swan off elsewhere to save a few quid? Whilst I agree that it does seem unreasonable to need to pay child support when you're being denied access, it's still a necessity - and if it got to court, a judge would certainly notice.

If the system is so unreasonable that it would deny me access while making me pay then I would refuse to participate in that system, I'm not the one making the decisions, the mother and system have put me in an untenable situation. The reason men are treated like doormats is because we let it happen.

I didn't even say I'd save a few quid, you could just put the equivalent money aside so you know it's going towards the child when they're old enough.

Soldato
If the system is so unreasonable that it would deny me access while making me pay then I would refuse to participate in that system, I'm not the one making the decisions, the mother and system have put me in an untenable situation. The reason men are treated like doormats is because we let it happen.

I didn't even say I'd save a few quid, you could just put the equivalent money aside so you know it's going towards the child when they're old enough.

But in the meantime, the you will have estranged yourself from the kids, they would likely have had a poor upbringing with a lack of monetary resource in their lives, just leaving your ex to poison them against you, and with no chance of being a father. Then seeing them at sixteen and trying to buy them back with a load of cash is probably not going to work or make up for the lost years and lost relationship. And giving a teenager a load of cash is not likely to lead anywhere good.

It's not about the money, it's about the time lost, and you can never get that back, which is why so many fathers do anything (even at the expense of their own lives and own health) to be with their kids.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not the one making the decisions, the mother and system have put me in an untenable situation.

You made a decision to have a child. If you didn't want to be in an "untenable situation" then you should have wrapped it up, shouldn't you?

How about fighting to get access rather than attempting to be the absent father?

Associate
You made a decision to have a child. If you didn't want to be in an "untenable situation" then you should have wrapped it up, shouldn't you?

How about fighting to get access rather than attempting to be the absent father?

Have you ever been through family courts? I have - it cost me 3k and I got nothing from it. More to the point I haven't seen my son in over a year. Fighting nearly put me in an early grave to the point I actually walked over to the cliff top to jump but admittedly I didn't have the ****s to go through with it and sought help soon after.

Offends me when people go on about fighting like it's so simple and easy

Soldato

This is hypothetical, I haven't put myself into a poor position and that is no accident

Soldato
Have you ever been through family courts? I have - it cost me 3k and I got nothing from it. More to the point I haven't seen my son in over a year. Fighting nearly put me in an early grave to the point I actually walked over to the cliff top to jump but admittedly I didn't have the ****s to go through with it and sought help soon after.

Yes, I have actually, and I have the £55k bill to prove it. Please don’t assume that people don’t what “fighting” entails.

I missed my daughter’s first steps, almost got arrested because of accusations made, a false restraining order taken out against me and had to fight numerous allegations and flivilous claims over 3 years.

I’ve also been where you are, considering taking my life because of the stress. So yes, I DO know what it takes.

Soldato

No one here thinks life is easy, if they do they have a shock coming.

This is an emotional thread, take 5 lads.

Soldato
If by poor position you mean 'having kids', then you'll feel differently when you are a dad. Best thing in the world, but it totally leaves you vulnerable in many ways.

Nah I don't mean poor just by having kids, I mean poor as in having kids with a woman who's quite obviously not a good partner. I'm not saying most people choose to have kids with crap women, but I definitely look at how women treat people they don't like, and how they act during an argument, etc.

Caporegime
Nah I don't mean poor just by having kids, I mean poor as in having kids with a woman who's quite obviously not a good partner. I'm not saying most people choose to have kids with crap women, but I definitely look at how women treat people they don't like, and how they act during an argument, etc.

This is a bit ridiculous Yes, sometimes there are warning signs, but often there isn't. You can't always know.
But agree you need to be aware of how badly it can go.

Soldato
This is a bit ridiculous Yes, sometimes there are warning signs, but often there isn't. You can't always know.
But agree you need to be aware of how badly it can go.

Yes but a lot of men have kids with women even when there are warning signs because, let's be honest, they're just happy to be getting laid.

Back
Top Bottom