*** The Official iOS 13 Thread ***

Soldato
I’m usually one for updating on the day, but I’m going to hold off for 13.1 seeing as it’s been brought forward to Tuesday 24th. A weekend is long enough to see if any major glitches that affect the public, that’s hoping 13.1 doesn’t introduce any.

Soldato
lol, search in the settings is as buggy as ever.

Searching for dark mode when it's on and just the icon for Dark Sky appears with no text and you can't select it.

Second search shows up the Appearance tab to toggle dark mode.

Turned it off and it's still not showing any text next to the Dark Sky icon and I can't select it.

Good start for 30 seconds in!

Soldato
Try toggling your language to something else and back, that tends to rebuild the search database.

Cheers, will try that.

Ugh, so the new text features with tapping are awful. As noted the magnifying glass is gone, so your finger blocks the cursor when moving it :rolleyes:

Half the time I try to select text with my finger it drags a word somewhere else on the screen, which means I have to undo.

Triple three finger tap to undo, which doesn't work half the time??? Who thought that was a good idea?

Maybe pop some dedicated buttons in that big **** off empty space under the spacebar so you don't have to completely release the phone with one hand to triple finger tap.

I swear sometimes it feels like Apple just care about people taking photographs for Instagram rather than allowing people to be PROductive on their devices for day to day business tasks like emails and writing.

Yeesh, I feel for anyone trying to manipulate text without force touch on iOS13

At least we get to send contacts a cartoon photo of ourselves though :rolleyes:

Soldato
Okay, I do love the new micro haptic feedbacks for certain thing like the new scroll bar, which is brilliant being able to select the scroll bar and scrub to exactly where you want to go on the page without having to flick like a mad man.

Search in Messages is so much more useful now too, big improvement there.

Soldato
Weird, the scroll bar disappears in the browser when going past white sections on The Verge so you can't see it and can potentially lose your place so you can't select it. But I can't reproduce on other sites with white backgrounds. Not sure if that's a bug or something to do with the way The Verge have styled their page.

Soldato
Ahh, that's fair enough. I guess I'm just being impatient :D

They really should have an index status monitor or suspend certain apps if they're performing actions like this these days. Would be a better user experience then just crashing people out of them or showing them bugged or partial results.

Associate
Ive got some large Japanese reference PDFs in books that previously took ages to search. Now the results come through really fast. Massive improvement in iOS 13.

Back
Top Bottom