**** The Official OnePlus 6 Thread ****

Soldato
Yes I have a personal SIM and a work SIM. We have work phones provided but they're usually rubbish (currently Samsung J6) so I just use the SIM in my 6t.
To answer your questions:
1) Only one SIM can be used as a data SIM at any one time, you choose which. I tend to switch between mine but that's only because they're different networks so that gives me better 4g coverage.
2) You can set a default sim for outgoing calls. You can also set a default SIM for particular number(s). So for example I have my work numbers saved as a co-workers group in my contacts and for those numbers I have SIM 2 defaulted for outgoing calls.
3) Incoming calls will come from either SIM and there is a small notification at the bottom of the screen to say which SIM is receiving said call.
4) Texts (outgoing) will default to whichever SIM you choose however when composing the text you can choose which SIM will send the text specifically if you so wish.

Hope all that helps!

Associate
Yes I have a personal SIM and a work SIM. We have work phones provided but they're usually rubbish (currently Samsung J6) so I just use the SIM in my 6t.
To answer your questions:
1) Only one SIM can be used as a data SIM at any one time, you choose which. I tend to switch between mine but that's only because they're different networks so that gives me better 4g coverage.
Hope all that helps!

in the sim & network settings under mobile data there is an option for dual 4G networks. does that not enable data on both sims?

Soldato
in the sim & network settings under mobile data there is an option for dual 4G networks. does that not enable data on both sims?
I can't say I've ever noticed that, I'm almost sure I only get the option of one or the other. As luck would have it I'm off work this week and next so I took the work SIM out and therefore can't check that setting - didn't want to fall into temptation to use it :p

Soldato
I just got my second SIM card (o2 PAYG) and I'm really impressed with how it works. I've never used a phone with dual SIM cards before and it is a lot easier to use than I was expecting. Thanks for the help.

Soldato
Does anyone know how to set Alexa as the default voice assistant on the OnePlus 6? I'm running the latest stable update of Android Pie. I've got a few Echo Dots around the house and it would be nice to use the same voice assistant on all of my devices.

Soldato
Anyone still rocking their OnePlus 6 and looking forward to the upcoming release of Android 10 on it? I don't upgrade my phone very often, so I'm pleased that OnePlus is still supporting the OnePlus 6 with the latest Android releases. Have you started to think about what you might upgrade to in the future? I was waiting for the Pixel 4 but I'm very tempted to wait for the OnePlus 8.

Soldato
OP
Some people may call this madness but I've gone back to this phone (after getting a OP7 Pro and Pixel 4 XL).
To me it's the perfect phone: size is perfect, notification LED, rear mounted FP scanner. Plus the bonus of the alert slider and OxygenOS. And the camera is perfectly fine for my needs.
One of these is from my OP6 and one is from the Pixel 4 XL (they aren't from the same day so lighting is different).
V2toynF.jpg

rCr0KsI.jpg

There's really not much in it for me.

Soldato
Some people may call this madness but I've gone back to this phone (after getting a OP7 Pro and Pixel 4 XL).
To me it's the perfect phone: size is perfect, notification LED, rear mounted FP scanner. Plus the bonus of the alert slider and OxygenOS. And the camera is perfectly fine for my needs.
One of these is from my OP6 and one is from the Pixel 4 XL (they aren't from the same day so lighting is different).
V2toynF.jpg

rCr0KsI.jpg

There's really not much in it for me.

Switch to a more demanding scenario when light isn't so abundant. The 6 will fall apart.

Soldato
Switch to a more demanding scenario when light isn't so abundant. The 6 will fall apart.
thats exactly it.

pixel just takes a picture, first time 9/10 times.

6 will struggle to get it right after a few tries.

you can get decent pictures out of it but it always takes a few attempts. Any low light, shade etc and it struggles.

Back
Top Bottom