Fuji X Series

Soldato
Fuji also recently announced the X-A7 which on paper seems like it is packed with some great features for an 'entry line' camera. Might be worth waiting for that to be released and checking the price if you can.

Kei

Kei

Soldato
Thank you both for the advice.

How is the noise performance like XE-3? Have you got a Flickr page or something for me to browse?
These were shot at ISO 1000 on my X-E3. Processed raws using C1 express. No luminance NR has been done only color NR. (at 10)

I use mine with a 27mm f2.8 pancake and the much larger 50-140mm f2.8. I also use a few nikon lenses via an adaptor.

Soldato
Nice colours. Very little noise. I must admit I was attracted to the x100f purely because it's a pick up and go. I'm forced to using the one lens and I have to therefore think creatively. Not to mention the grey version looks beautiful!

Initially put off by the xe3 but looking at the dp reviews it performs better and with that pancake lens I still maintain the small form factor.

Last edited:
Soldato
I’m in Australia on a work visa and couldn’t get my xt2 in hand luggage as I had loads of other stuff.

I’ve also left my lenses in the uk. I was going to try wearing a long coat and putting my camera and lenses in the pockets through customs but suspected it would look weird going through Dubai and likely I would be executed.

Anyway I’ve found on Ozzie eBay an xt-10 for around £200 I’m tempted to get it and the pancake lens then and shoot around town and up Mount Wellington.

Then wait for the 16-80mm to be released and then do more landscapes.

Sensible?

Soldato
I’m in Australia on a work visa and couldn’t get my xt2 in hand luggage as I had loads of other stuff.

I’ve also left my lenses in the uk. I was going to try wearing a long coat and putting my camera and lenses in the pockets through customs but suspected it would look weird going through Dubai and likely I would be executed.

Anyway I’ve found on Ozzie eBay an xt-10 for around £200 I’m tempted to get it and the pancake lens then and shoot around town and up Mount Wellington.

Then wait for the 16-80mm to be released and then do more landscapes.

Sensible?
I'd have put the camera and lenses in your pocket on the flight out. Unless flying pickey airlines you can normally get away with a camera round you neck.

But given you circumstances picking up a cheap Xt-10 seems sensible enough!

Associate
Xe-3 vs X100F vs xt 30 I can’t decide. Plus I can’t find an xe3 to hold I read the viewfinder is tiny?

I never found that with the X-E2. Upgraded to the X-T3 and the viewfinder is bigger sure, but the X-E2 never held me back. Can't imagine they downgraded it for the X-E3!

X-T30 would be my vote for price, size and performance. X100F is a different thing really in my view (want one though).

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
X-T30 is a cracking camera. £599 grey import with a 1 year warranty too, bloody bargain!

I'm eyeing one up myself.

https://www.e-infin.com/uk/search/fuji x-t30

So I was hesitating on buying this due to it being a grey import, then I spotted a refurb on Fuji store cheaper than their XT30 + 1855, due to an additional 10% they are running on the refurb store.

£764.10 seems good, from what I've read they are pretty much indistinguishable from new.

https://shop.fujifilm.co.uk/digital...fujifilm-x-t30-kit-xf18-55mm-lens-refurbished

On a different note I was trying out Capture 1 Fuji Express. It seems like a decent editor considering it's free, but there's one big issue I'm finding. When I make adjustments using the sliders, it isn't instant like Lightroom. It takes a second for the change to apply which makes fine adjustments impossible as you cannot see what the slider is doing until you've stopped moving it and wait for it apply. Anyone else found this?

olv

olv

Soldato
The X-T30 was £620 on Black Friday weekend everywhere with £150 Fuji cash back. Suspect it’ll be back around there in the Christmas sales which is when I’ll pick one up.

Associate
The X-T30 was £620 on Black Friday weekend everywhere with £150 Fuji cash back. Suspect it’ll be back around there in the Christmas sales which is when I’ll pick one up.
I assume that was body only? The deal on wex is still a good one I think with the two lenses.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I assume that was body only? The deal on wex is still a good one I think with the two lenses.

Just seen this. Selling the 55-200 and including cash back is cheaper than the refurb from Fuji. Going further and selling the 18-55 would bring the body cost to closer to £500.

I’m going to cancel my Fuji refurb order I think.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Yes, body only.

I have the 55-200mm. It’s a really good lens, I like it a lot.

I’ve gone with the deal from Wex now. £1249 -£150 cash back -£345 minimum for the 55200 means I’ll have the X-T30 and 1855 for £754. It also includes a £47 manfrotto tripod as well for free. Pretty decent !

If you just wanted the body then the 1855 can be sent to MPB as well for £200 meaning cost of the body would be £554. Sell the tripod for £25-30 as well if needed.

Just have to call Fuji web store on Monday morning to cancel the refurb order.

Associate
Well I ended up spending more and just bought a new Fuji X100F; I gave it a few trips back and forwards to the shop to keep trying the various models but I instantly felt a connection as soon as I handled the X100F. Had to have it so I pick it up on Wednesday. I got it from Jessops with the free case on offer.

Associate
Well I ended up spending more and just bought a new Fuji X100F; I gave it a few trips back and forwards to the shop to keep trying the various models but I instantly felt a connection as soon as I handled the X100F. Had to have it so I pick it up on Wednesday. I got it from Jessops with the free case on offer.

Excellent. Post some pics and give us your impressions please- would love to know what you think.

Back
Top Bottom