** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

OcUK Staff
OP
Had word today that the monitors are ETA'd to arrive next week to LG (asked for clarification on if that's landing in to Netherlands Hub or UK).

EOM/first week of October looks about right for an ETA with OCUK.

We have now sold through all the allocation for this initial stock in.

Soldato
Had word today that the monitors are ETA'd to arrive next week to LG (asked for clarification on if that's landing in to Netherlands Hub or UK).

EOM/first week of October looks about right for an ETA with OCUK.

We have now sold through all the allocation for this initial stock in.

When will you be getting more after that then?

Associate
Hey all. I have been waiting for news on the 27" version as well. However now I am getting more attracted to the 34" wide monitor. Is there going to be any of these in the first batch and if so would I receive one with this batch or would I have to wait for the next?

Associate
So, from my understanding, Overclockers have an exclusivity deal over the LG 27GL850-B, and yet they can't even supply the demand? If they're going to be the exclusive place to get this product, why is there so little stock? The rest of the world has this monitor, but I'm expected to wait until Christmas? Unless of course I pre-order it when people have only just got it and haven't spent enough time to review it, I'm supposed to pre-order knowing the specs alone? Does anyone else realise the insanity of this whole thing? Surely this is a anti-consumer behaviour by both LG and Overclockers. I don't understand why they didn't just have enough stock in the first place.

Associate
So, from my understanding, Overclockers have an exclusivity deal over the LG 27GL850-B, and yet they can't even supply the demand? If they're going to be the exclusive place to get this product, why is there so little stock? The rest of the world has this monitor, but I'm expected to wait until Christmas? Unless of course I pre-order it when people have only just got it and haven't spent enough time to review it, I'm supposed to pre-order knowing the specs alone? Does anyone else realise the insanity of this whole thing? Surely this is a anti-consumer behaviour by both LG and Overclockers. I don't understand why they didn't just have enough stock in the first place.

To be fair, and you can see from my past comments I am pretty critical of OC and this monitor, they have basically zero say in this.

LG are starving the UK, OCuk are more than likely trying to get as much as they can from them, but LG are not playing ball.

If OCuk have pre-orders for it, and could have more, why would they not want to sell as many as they can?

Last edited:
Associate
Or you could just say sorry we wont be taking anymore preorders for this monitor as our supplier is unreliable and making us look bad?

Man of Honour
It’s not really widely available anywhere to be honest yet. There have been reviews of it already though to help you make a decision including at TFTCentral and Rtings

Soldato
It’s not really widely available anywhere to be honest yet. There have been reviews of it already though to help you make a decision including at TFTCentral and Rtings

Well no, but originally this was supposed to be available in July, as the original post states. LG obviously screwed up with production. OCUK haven't deliberately misled anyone of course, but these things happen annoyingly.

Man of Honour
Well no, but originally this was supposed to be available in July, as the original post states. LG obviously screwed up with production. OCUK haven't deliberately misled anyone of course, but these things happen annoyingly.
Oh yeah no doubt there’s a shortage of stock given the popularity of the screen. I was just saying thats not really a uk thing, it’s everywhere.

Soldato
Ah, thats a shame. Thanks for the info!
It's not really a shame, LG's production delays are unavoidable by retailers/customers and the price has already gone up since pre-orders first went up (and is certain to raise again after October) which means people who pre-order effectively get it at a discount compared to those who wait for it to be in stock.

Associate
It's not really a shame, LG's production delays are unavoidable by retailers/customers and the price has already gone up since pre-orders first went up (and is certain to raise again after October) which means people who pre-order effectively get it at a discount compared to those who wait for it to be in stock.
Thats true - Just me being impatient really, hoping that things will be sent when paid for, but it does have its advantages as you have pointed out

Associate
I've been wondering, since the 1ms response time is basically fake on the LG, and given its poor contrast, shouldn't the Aorus AD27QD be the better choice? I know the LG isn't available yet but on paper at least the Gigabyte seems superior.

If they had the same price, which one would you go for?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom