• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Yet you ignore the fact that he is using the review MEG was given for free, which is inherently faulty board

And you write posts like these, Intel shill

I'm an Intel shill? Honestly is that the best you can come up with? I have built hundreds of AMD systems, and I mean that quite literary, All I have said is that stability is a valid concern, particularly during the launch period, you cannot honestly deny that the recent Ryzen release has hasn't been a smooth one, this whole forum is full of people questioning volts, temps, waiting on stable BIOS's, boost fixes etc.

Soldato
Of course not. These have been 100% tested and validated and will be the finale release bios, it aint gonna brick your mobo.

I'm not asking if it'll brick my motherboard, I'm asking if it would invalidate my warranty. Considering the infamous Asus approach to warranty claims, I thought it was worth clarifying.

Anyway, thanks again for the link, I'm installing now and will let you know if it solves my issues. :)

Caporegime
I'm an Intel shill? Honestly is that the best you can come up with? I have built hundreds of AMD systems, and I mean that quite literary, All I have said is that stability is a valid concern, particularly during the launch period, you cannot honestly deny that the recent Ryzen release has hasn't been a smooth one, this whole forum is full of people questioning volts, temps, waiting on stable BIOS's, boost fixes etc.

Because like JayZ2cents they don't understand how the Boost algorithm works, and with people like him putting out the wrong information in such a petulant way is it any wonder?

Because like JayZ2cents they don't understand how the Boost algorithm works, and with people like him putting out the wrong information in such a petulant way is it any wonder?

I'm not defending Jay, but like I said I do think he has a valid point regarding stability, overall I believe that Intel is a more stable platform.

Man of Honour
I'm not defending Jay, but like I said I do think he has a valid point regarding stability, overall I believe that Intel is a more stable platform.

I've built some 2600(X) based systems and so far not seen anything different stability wise to Intel on those (I'm actually quite impressed how seamless those builds were) but the earlier 1000 series builds I did had a few issues stability of the platform wise though mostly that was some freak silicon issues in a small number of CPUs and the odd driver needing maturity. 3000 series I don't have much hands on experience with but lots of reports that suggest it is needing some work in the maturity department to match Intel for overall stability.

Caporegime
I've built some 2600(X) based systems and so far not seen anything different stability wise to Intel on those (I'm actually quite impressed how seamless those builds were) but the earlier 1000 series builds I did had a few issues stability of the platform wise though mostly that was some freak silicon issues in a small number of CPUs and the odd driver needing maturity. 3000 series I don't have much hands on experience with but lots of reports that suggest it is needing some work in the maturity department to match Intel for overall stability.

are you talking about BIOS maturity? because I've just moved from intel to amd this past week and BIOS's are mature enough now.

i'm having zero issues with AMD. other than i had to run steam in administrator mode to get VAC to work.

Man of Honour
are you talking about BIOS maturity? because I've just moved from intel to amd this past week and BIOS's are mature enough now.

i'm having zero issues with AMD. other than i had to run steam in administrator mode to get VAC to work.

Talking overall maturity. I don't really know first hand what state the BIOS maturity is but I'm still seeing plenty of people complaining about issues there even with the latest updates. (To be frank I've kind of angled people towards the 2000 series over 3000 series on recent builds as in most cases it fits their needs and budget and seems to me to have less chances of having to follow up on any potential issues that might disrupt their usage).

Associate
Its not LLC that's reducing the volts under load Jay you ####### idiot.

Doe about itIts how the Ryzen 3000 boost algorithm works. This is why 1.5v when idle or low loads is perfectly safe, if the CPU is not stressed those volts are not going to hurt it, which is why when it is stressed the volts reduce all the way down to 1.2v. The CPU will automatically run Low Volts low Mhz under High Load and High Volts High MHZ under low load,

How is it that ordinary consumers understand this but experienced tech reviewers with 2.1m subscribers don't?

If your Motherboard has issues booting on one BIOS but not another look to your motherboard vendor not AMD, AMD do not make the Motherboards BIOS and 1.5v in an idle BIOS state is not what's causing it, mine does that and NEVER fails to boot.

He flashes back to an older BIOS and still experiences the same error. Could just be an issue with that particular motherboard, not even the whole line. Or several other things. AMD do supply some of the code that goes into BIOS though, don’t they? I’m ignorant on this...

I think this particular video of his is a bit rash, I’d have preferred that he contacted MSI to explore what was going on and then made an informed video about it. But it’s difficult to argue with the sentiment behind it, that AMD launches often feel rushed in some aspects and that they are hardly smooth affairs. Some work needs to be done in the quality control department for sure.

Having said that my personal experience, apart from problems getting the OS installed and RAM XMP to work, has been good. So far it’s been very solid, not a single crash, not even a single application crash. And performance has been very strong, at least with what I use it for.

Last edited:
Caporegime
He flashes back to an older BIOS and still experiences the same error. Could just be an issue with that particular motherboard, not even the whole line. Or several other things. AMD do supply some of the code that goes into BIOS though, don’t they? I’m ignorant on this...

I think this particular video of his is a bit rash, I’d have preferred that he contacted MSI to explore what was going on and then made an informed video about it. But it’s difficult to argue with the sentiment behind it, that AMD launches often feel rushed in some aspects and that they are hardly smooth affairs. Some work needs to be done in the quality control department for sure.
I don't disagree with any of that.

AMD's teething problems come from updating the platform and architecture constantly, compare that to Intel who basically have been running the same platform and architecture for a decade, you can't get much wrong if you don't change anything.

AMD's AM4 platform DOES have issues, but comparing AMD's ever evolving platforms to Intel never changing and hyperbolically ranting about it dropping in some untruths from a lack of understanding really doesn't help the discourse, which is absolutely right to have, but not like this.

If we don't have that debate with some 'intelligence' AMD might just trun round and say "#### IT" why bother no one listens and all we get for it is grief.

Why we can't have nice things!

Associate
See this kind of thing scares me off upgrading to the 3950x, stability is super important to me

Jaygotboned.PNG

Looks like Jay is using a pre-release board which is known to have issues. Typical Jay.

Associate
Just the usual garbage from youtube so called experts.
I pay very little attention to anything from there, the majority of youtubers wouldnt know there ass from there elbow - one or two seem to be clued up but you have to go through tons of crap to reach someone who has a clue.

Man of Honour
Looks like Jay is using a pre-release board which is known to have issues. Typical Jay.

He seems like someone who is more a mix of enthusiast and entertainer rather than hardcore tech like some of the others - his collabs with Gamers Nexus, etc. tend to be pretty decent though.

Soldato
Jaygotboned.PNG

Yep we wrote about it in the morning, he also changed the video title as it was clickbait, his words.

Also Jays constant bickering about voltages and that we should under volt the CPU forcing 1.35v all core is been ridiculed beyond anyone else on youtube.
That results to lower clocks, instability and long term issues with the CPU because it doesn't throttle down as it should while maintaining high temps.

Regardless if time and again people pointed at him to the AMD engineers post of how Zen 2 works in relation to power. Nothing. Applying Intel overclocking logic on a new architecture showing inept to even read 5 minutes how it works. As for the motherboard it is the review MEG, it was mentioned this on the first video of the series.
So is using a faulty board to boot.

But well. Intel fanboys having stormed every AMD discussion cheering (even in this very discussion), showing how stupid they are ignoring facts like his motherboard is faulty or that Jay is an idiot when comes to technical things.
Though pointing the obvious makes you an AMD fanboy.

Back
Top Bottom