*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
It's tile-for-tile the same game, is it not?

It's more like the Halo 2 remaster except you can't switch back to the old graphics.
Halo 2 is more than likely using the majority of the original code base with updated textures and models. LA will have been made from the ground up.

Halo 2 is like colouring in a picture, LA is like freehand drawing from reference and then colouring it in.

Soldato
just trying links awakening now and it is like some magical nostalgia time machine :D

yeh theres the odd occasions where the fps lowers a bit but apart from that im loving it so far, just got back to the village after getting the sword and bothering some chickens lol

Soldato
Enjoying Zelda but most of the time I have no idea where I’m going. I get told to go somewhere but have no idea where it is..... lol.... I’m sure I’m missing something somewhere....

Soldato
hehe yeh it is really awesome, must be about 19 years ago i got the original one, the damn shop never had the gameboy color version :(

the original would swap between screens, if u held i think select at the right time u could end up on a different place on the next screen...... yeh i screwed my save point with that on my poor game boy, still got the cart on my pc desk :)

i got lost a lot too :)

edit: im in a forest looking for a key and im lost as hell lol

super drunken edit : got the key now i have access to the first dungeon, thats enough for me for the moment and a good point to save it, gonna go watch stuff now,

i was not sure about it for it's price tag but im glad i bought it, so much fun, bought it in a independent gaming shop in berwick for 44 quid, really kool shop they have a back room with gaming pc's etc set up to, need more shops like that :)

Last edited:
Soldato
So far enjoying Zelda.tried the original recently and I loved it.

Mr handholding Owl is maybe a bit much, would be nice to turn him off of down a notch.

And the frame rate dips are more than I expected. Does it ruin the moment to moment play? No. But it should/could be better.

That all aside its visually stunning imo, oozes charm

Associate
Anyone in here gonna go for the switch lite even though they have the original switch ? I probably have played like 80% handheld so debating wether or not i should as I like the idea of it being solid and lighter
Personally I think you'd be better off going for the new switch it has a better battery life than the lite and you can always dock it if you choose to I find the lite rather pointless especially at its price tag

Soldato
It's tile-for-tile the same game, is it not?

It's more like the Halo 2 remaster except you can't switch back to the old graphics.
So it's not a remaster then, as that would involve using the original game and assets.

Instead it was built from the ground up from scratch. Doesn't matter if the map uses the same layout.

Associate
I did have a Switch lite on pre-order but seeing as I already own a day one Switch i decided to cancel and pre-ordered the Google Stadia package instead.
Whatever happened to the Rainway cloud app that was supposed to be heading to Switch?

Soldato
Got lucky to get a great deal, £264 for Switch Lite grey, Zelda Link's Awakening, Pokemon Let's Go Eevie and Mario Maker with 1 year online. Can't wait for it to arrive now!

Associate
Got lucky to get a great deal, £264 for Switch Lite grey, Zelda Link's Awakening, Pokemon Let's Go Eevie and Mario Maker with 1 year online. Can't wait for it to arrive now!

Amazing deal, hours of fun there, maybe go swap Eevie for Pikachu tho ;)

I've only done 1 dungeon on Zelda but I am loving it, the music is amazing and love the art style. Cant wait to get into it some more.

With zelda and fire emblem I think the switch has been my favourite gaming device of the year

Back
Top Bottom