what headphones do you own thread - i own dt150's :)

Soldato
Well after years of wanting one, the sennheiser outlet store tickled me under the chin and I caved......

Bought a pair of sennheiser hd800 B stock at a reasonable price. They come with 2 year warranty. Auction prices I can't justify. And the B stock will be basically like new..

Can't wait to use them :D

Associate
sony mh755
Curious about the hype and must say for less than £10 they are very very good to my ears.
I think they will be wirth adding better/longer cables onto them at some point.

Odd that these have become popular and talked about this year , got my set free with a Sony ZX ULTRA 6 years ago.
The reason the cable is so short is because it came free with a mini Sony bluetooth receiver that you plugged it into.

Soldato
Swapping between my hd650 and New hd800 is abit of a odd thing.

The hd650 vice like grip to the head is replace by a light touch to the head, but the ear pads feel odd. And can feel more comfortable if you play them in reverse.

And having 2 connections ( well 3) and running both headphones the same time, the hd650 are way louder at the same volume.

My 800 has picked up a flaw in my goodbye yellow brick Road vinyl I can't ignore tho. Rendering it unplayable.

Damn thing does feels to big for my head tho no matter how much adjusting I do.

Associate
Swapping between my hd650 and New hd800 is abit of a odd thing.

The hd650 vice like grip to the head is replace by a light touch to the head, but the ear pads feel odd. And can feel more comfortable if you play them in reverse.

And having 2 connections ( well 3) and running both headphones the same time, the hd650 are way louder at the same volume.

My 800 has picked up a flaw in my goodbye yellow brick Road vinyl I can't ignore tho. Rendering it unplayable.

Damn thing does feels to big for my head tho no matter how much adjusting I do.

I don't think I can bring myself to pay that much for headphones! But on doing more research I'm getting more and more tempted to get some decent high end headphones. I've read the HD800 takes a bit of getting used to

Soldato
I think the 800, (well 800s I have but they are the same as the 800 build wise AFAIK) are easier if you have a slightly larger head. When people try out mine, usually ladies with smaller heads, they will prefer the 650s as they fit more snuggly. But for myself the 800s earcups are a thing to behold, feel absolutely amazing on with thier D-shape, wish others did similar.

I do prefer the 650's headband, so combine that with the 800s earcups :eek:

Not heard the way louder issue bit though. Slightly louder on the comparable volume level on the 650 vs 800s, but notching up the dial by another digit on the clock is good enough in a quiet room with my amps to get them to comparable levels.

Associate
Well after years of wanting one, the sennheiser outlet store tickled me under the chin and I caved......

Bought a pair of sennheiser hd800 B stock at a reasonable price. They come with 2 year warranty. Auction prices I can't justify. And the B stock will be basically like new..

Can't wait to use them :D

I never would have thought about spending big money on audio but I appreciate there's going to be differences between cheap and high end. The same as I see how a 2k TV is better than a 350 pound one. So... I've just taken the plunge and bought a chord mojo from somewhere for 299 and was going to pair it with my soon to be delivered and sorted arctis Pro headset but now I feel I've shot myself in the foot with this headset!

I definitely want to go somewhere and listen to some HD 800s headphones as I keep reading up and they're meant to be great but take some getting used to.

I listen to lots of types of music but will mostly be using them on games too but want something that will pair well with my mojo.

Senn outlet has some 598 and 599 for sale but I'm itching to get something closer to the 800 s I think. Damn my compulsion for better.

Edit: I'm thinking I need some
Audeze LCD2C Classic Planar Magnetic Headphones
But I can wait until the sennheiser outlet has some higher spec ones second hand.

Last edited:
Soldato
I never would have thought about spending big money on audio but I appreciate there's going to be differences between cheap and high end. The same as I see how a 2k TV is better than a 350 pound one. So... I've just taken the plunge and bought a chord mojo from somewhere for 299 and was going to pair it with my soon to be delivered and sorted arctis Pro headset but now I feel I've shot myself in the foot with this headset!

I definitely want to go somewhere and listen to some HD 800s headphones as I keep reading up and they're meant to be great but take some getting used to.

I listen to lots of types of music but will mostly be using them on games too but want something that will pair well with my mojo.

Senn outlet has some 598 and 599 for sale but I'm itching to get something closer to the 800 s I think. Damn my compulsion for better.

Edit: I'm thinking I need some
Audeze LCD2C Classic Planar Magnetic Headphones
But I can wait until the sennheiser outlet has some higher spec ones second hand.

You'll be lucky to find a normal hd800 in a shops these days. It's 800s or the even newer 820.

I had my 800 from sennheiser outlet as b stock. Mint condition except for the box. And a 2 year warranty. I looked on the bay for the same model and nowhere as good anywhere with 2 years.

Soldato
The HD660s are amazing value for money in my opinion. I have owned tons of headphones, including the HD650, Grado's, Fidelios, AudioQuest, AKG (Q701 & K712) and others, but they trump the lot.

Reckon they would pair wonderfully with the MoJo.

Associate
The HD660s are amazing value for money in my opinion. I have owned tons of headphones, including the HD650, Grado's, Fidelios, AudioQuest, AKG (Q701 & K712) and others, but they trump the lot.

Thanks for the advice, those have been added to my list of potential new purchases. My only concern is they got a bad rating for soundstage here. https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/sennheiser/hd-660-s

But they could be because of technical reasons vs how they really do sound. I'm not 100 percent sure but I'd think for gaming and audio immersion I would be looking for headphones that have a good soundstage rating.

Although other reviews say the soundstage is really good so I'm not too sure!!

Could you explain what you prefer on the 660s say over the k712? sound-stage, bass, highs etc, I'm still enjoying the K712's but definitely wouldn't say no to a more defined tighter bass, I find the bass on the K712 a little loose for my liking, I'm guessing the 660s have more of a mid bass thud as opposed to sub-bass? really temped to grab an Audeze LCD2C but a little worried it might be a bit too dark.

Associate
I've ended up getting a 2nd hand pair of HD 700 for 319 from the bay yesterday, right before I could have saved 25 quid with the offer that hit at midnight... but that's just my luck!

Speaking to the seller he seems legit and is an audiophile himself so fingers crossed it's a good buy.

I could have got the 660s for 30 pound more brand new, a few sites have them 20 percent discounted but something is telling me I wanted headphones with a larger sound stage and rtings has these up there in the top 4 but much cheaper than the others. This might be a mistake but I shall see.

Looking forward to trying them out!

Edit: Thanks for the advice from everyone and I'll post back when I have had a chance to listen to them.

Soldato
I've ended up getting a 2nd hand pair of HD 700 for 319 from the bay yesterday, right before I could have saved 25 quid with the offer that hit at midnight... but that's just my luck!

Speaking to the seller he seems legit and is an audiophile himself so fingers crossed it's a good buy.

I could have got the 660s for 30 pound more brand new, a few sites have them 20 percent discounted but something is telling me I wanted headphones with a larger sound stage and rtings has these up there in the top 4 but much cheaper than the others. This might be a mistake but I shall see.

Looking forward to trying them out!

Edit: Thanks for the advice from everyone and I'll post back when I have had a chance to listen to them.

I’ve owned the hd700 . They were basically a budget version of the hd800 as they look similar. At the time I had the hd600 as well. The 700 did some things better but I found the 600 an easier listen. Sold them for some hd650 , which have more oomph.

Now I’ve sold the 600 for the 800 . The 650 I keep for when my mates over

Associate
I’ve owned the hd700 . They were basically a budget version of the hd800 as they look similar. At the time I had the hd600 as well. The 700 did some things better but I found the 600 an easier listen. Sold them for some hd650 , which have more oomph.

Now I’ve sold the 600 for the 800 . The 650 I keep for when my mates over

Depending on how these sound then the HD 800 might be my next upgrade once I've compared headphones with poor to great sound stage.

My problem is I can easily get used to something I think sounds good when it isn't right. E. G. I messed with my Asus EQ when I saw a video on how to make footsteps sound louder and then started playing music. I noticed it sounded different but a couple of days later I turned the EQ off and thought the music sounded muffled or muddy. Which is probably normal.

Now I'm using the mojo with no EQ listening to the same music and I think it sounds great lol but I'm sure if I install an EQ and leave it a day or two I'll get used to that.

I guess that's a good thing that I'm easily pleased! :cool:

Soldato
I really think buying headphones blind is a mistake, did it few times and was disappointed. I think you should have an idea of the sound signature of a headphone and also the type of music you listen to. The best way is to put some of your music onto a music player and go i to a shop that might have demo available. This is the most ideal way of buying headphones and also correct amplifier and dac to go with hour headphone is necessary.

for example tube amps generally sound better with sennheiser headphones but this is not a general rule.

Soldato
Could you explain what you prefer on the 660s say over the k712? sound-stage, bass, highs etc, I'm still enjoying the K712's but definitely wouldn't say no to a more defined tighter bass, I find the bass on the K712 a little loose for my liking, I'm guessing the 660s have more of a mid bass thud as opposed to sub-bass? really temped to grab an Audeze LCD2C but a little worried it might be a bit too dark.

Tighter bass, better mids and highs, build quality, easier to drive, comfort. They such sound richer all round to my ears. Soundstage is a little smaller, but not enough to bother me.

Associate
I really think buying headphones blind is a mistake, did it few times and was disappointed. I think you should have an idea of the sound signature of a headphone and also the type of music you listen to. The best way is to put some of your music onto a music player and go i to a shop that might have demo available. This is the most ideal way of buying headphones and also correct amplifier and dac to go with hour headphone is necessary.

for example tube amps generally sound better with sennheiser headphones but this is not a general rule.

I totally agree with what you mean but I would have to sit in a Richer Sounds store for a few days before I could decide which one I preferred or which one sounds the best. My music tastes are varied and I like rock, classical, pop and game music etc etc and I am probably a bit of a bass head if I'm honest but I definitely prefer to hear the song rather than just have my ears blasted off.

I've got a feeling how this works is you end up with 5 headphones and 5 amps and you use different headsets for different music and then the same for watching films lol. Then between all the different options you finally get to where you have something you prefer for what it is you're listening to.

I've already gone from never wearing headphones and using my z906 speakers to just switching my pc on, putting my qc25's on and listening to music while just browsing the Web researching headphones!

Associate
I don't like over ear headphones as they feel too hot/like wearing ear muffs for me so have got used to using wired earbuds and just settling for ones that come with Galaxy phones in recent years including some AKG ones with S9+ I thought weren't that bad. But I wanted more bass so on a whim tonight just got some Sony XB50AP Extra Bass in ear wired, were rated best for value for bass in an online comparison and could get them till 10pm locally so why not for only £25. Sennheiser CX 300 out of stock and almost double price as an alternative I didn't wait for.

Definitely nice, powerful bass for their size and price, connected to Kratos S5 volume hub via audio cable to fairly decent onboard Rog Strix Z390f sound. Sounds great for a lower to mid range set up.

Associate
I agree with poster above that over ear headpgones can be too hot, especially on the Tube but i still cannot like in-ear solutions. I have BeyerDynamic DT770's for home listening, Sennheiser Game One headset for gaming, and Sony WH1000XM3 noise cancelling wireless headphones for the commute.

I cannot recommend the Sony's enough, incredible noise cancelling and sound is top notch. Price is high but worth it as a splurge present for oneself.

Back
Top Bottom