The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
hoFIMw.jpg

Its Scran's first birthday. To celebrate the chef brought back the very first special they did, The Scranwich. Its a French toast sandwich filled with smashed burger meat, pastrami, melted mature cheddar and sauerkraut, topped with secret sauce and crispy onions. It was fantastic! :D

SR8qMA.jpg

And check out this awesome cake somebody made for them to celebrate the birthday. It looks so real! I actually thought it was someones order sitting on the counter waiting to be sent out, before I realised what it really was :)

Vl5PFw.jpg

Didn't have much appetite for lunch, but I wanted to have something. So I went to Steak, Cattle & Roll to try out the Return of the Mac wrap. Has beef brisket, macaroni and mayo. Really nice and not too filling. Squirted on some sriracha hot sauce to give it a little extra kick :)

Soldato
Mmmm! I used to be all about the purple ones. Now I prefer the strawberry and orange cremes. And the orange crunch :D

The orange crunch is my least favourite, though it apparently ranks in 4th place. I do love the strawberry and orange creme though. And of course, the purples. I'm all about the coconut éclair. :D I couldn't decide if I was going to buy Roses or QS, but QS have more chewy ones which I prefer. I really like any chewy toffee, but I have to be so careful I don't pull fillings out. FYI, all large plastic tins of QS, Roses, Heroes and Celebration are currently reduced from £5 to 3.50 at Tesco.

Soldato
Oh YES! I must say, the Pizza's from you guys look great! Craig1981 - your meetball one looks absolutely insane lol

So the missus and I returned from New York (Midtown Manhattan) in August after spending two weeks there and sampled a ton of foods everywhere. Unfortunately I couldn't get that many pics because my phone kept dying - being in the middle of a colossal heatwave combined with the sheer humidity was taking its toll on literally everyone and everything, including melting roads! I miss the place terribly having said that and we have a ton of memories there.

Starting with back home, a round doughy experience thanks to Doms 50% off saw me grabbing some Tandoori Hot. As always it was delicious with crisp ingredients. Not the best presentation wise this time.
f8YEWLR.jpg

A visit to Johns of Times Square, NY yielded this baby. An XL customised pizza that had the waiter asking me "Are you sure?" upon hearing my order. He clearly thought I couldn't nom this beastie but I did. Lots of eaters nearby came to take photos before the destruction began and I was cheered as I nommed that last slice down. I could have easily managed a few more slices truth be told. That is the wifes large vegetarian pizza below.

XFSd7Ta.jpg

A visit to the Hard Rock Cafe in Times Square (our hotel was nearby so the area was a frequent haunt) yielded us with food that was really nice, much to my surprise. I can't recall what I had for my mains as I was full from my starters alone. 3x Buffalo Sliders that were absolutely succulent.

3d2b9IN.jpg

Bh86Eiz.jpg

A visit to Woodbury Common for cheap as chips clothing during our visit yeilded me a delicous Buffalo Chicken sandwitch from a random food outlet in the food hall.

BXJC4Ee.jpg

Soldato
That’s what we thought given we were eating like 5 times a day, including multiple visits to Shake Shack to eat all the things. However the sheer heat and humidity kept us sweating enough to burn away the calories so we gained practically nothing...apart from a new appreciation for fresh frozen yogurt. 38-40c temps weren’t the problem really, the humidity was the real killer out there!

It is terrific place for a foodie, with prices being low to almost London like depending on where you eat.

Soldato
tip you need to be over 18 ... but there are X rated pictures of pizzas in the unii & dough threads

keep it simple .. forgot to show the obligatory brown sauce ..
corned beef hash (pots/onions/garlic/herbs/corned-beef) for dinner .. it's a 13" plate so the portion size is deceptive

48755691688_d185170df2_o_d.jpg

edit - what is this celebrity masterchef junk - the celebrities are no-marks, less well known than presenters. ... saw last 5 minutes

Soldato
6N4ZUY.jpg

Didn't fancy the weekend special at Scran for once, it was a salmon and cream cheese bagel dish, not my scene. So I got the classic poached eggs and black pudding on sourdough toast with hollandaise sauce and some added potato scones.

sGKrZi.jpg

Light lunch at Pizza Express. Wanted to try the Fiorentina pizza for a while. Comes with spinach, free range egg, mozzarella, tomato, garlic oil, black olives and gran Milano cheese. Really liked it :)

gRTkdq.jpg

And a couple of scoops of coconut sorbet for dessert. Light and creamy :)

Back
Top Bottom