Menopausal women - labour

Soldato
Its not a medical matter though, its a natural biological process for women as they age. If anything men should be protesting for equal rights now, women already have way more than them.
Yeah, tell that to all the women who have been paying for tampons over the years - if a bloke was bleeding that would never happen.

But that's a natural biological process. So is being pregnant, should they drop them by the watercooler?

Soldato
Does it upset you that there are people out there who can see through things as they are presented to us?
Why would you think anything you post would upset me? That’s a bit of a bizarre thing to post.

No.
If you leave it up to the employer, then they can decide for themselves whether it would be of use to offer this benefit or that benefit.
If they want to keep a particular menopausal woman on, then they can offer a benefit if they wish.
My original post you quoted wasn’t just about menopausal women. And you know exactly how it would pan out if employers had unrestricted control on what happened with their business.

Caporegime
True enough.

I find it surprising though that some men would prefer menopausal women to be forced into work to work alongside them when they're having a particularly bad time.

Fun day for all concerned.

The problem is though that not every woman has a horrendous time. So if only some women require it, some of the time is that not just akin to standard sickness?

Soldato
OP
Yeah, tell that to all the women who have been paying for tampons over the years - if a bloke was bleeding that would never happen.

But that's a natural biological process. So is being pregnant, should they drop them by the watercooler?

Tampons are not a necessity. For millenia women have managed just fine without them. Is it unhygenic, sure in modern day society it is, so is not washing and stinking of bo. Should we also make soap free as well?

Associate
Why would you think anything you post would upset me? That’s a bit of a bizarre thing to post.
Because your fear made you post the garbage you posted.
NPCs always get angry when they encounter people who are not NPCs.

My original post you quoted wasn’t just about menopausal women. And you know exactly how it would pan out if employers had unrestricted control on what happened with their business.
The government isn't there to tell businesses what they must do, above and beyond a baseline of legislation.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Much like man flu floors some men, and not others, should they all also get flexible working hours.

Yes - so argue for that instead trying to deny it to someone else, which is what your argument sounds like.

Remind me again why people want women in the workplace as opposed to men?
Giving women time off for the menopause is a terrible idea.
The UK workplace laws already completely screw over the employer with maternity leave i.e. you can have 3 years out of 5 off work (3 kids), and if you decide not to return you only have to tell the employer at the last minute of your intentions.
Bringing this in would make small companies (I realise the law is for 250+ size companies) employ even less women.

I suffer from sweaty testicles due to the high temperature of my workplace. I feel flexible working hours would suit me too :).

Soldato
Entirely sensible that an employer should be sensitive to health issues such as this, but singling it out with special treatment over other conditions is just red tape and inefficient. Progressive employers will probably already cover this with their flexible working policies.

Soldato
Rather than a specific condition, employers should be encouraged to be more flexible to anyone, male or female, going through life affecting medical conditions. But that sort of proposal doesn’t grab headlines or win votes I guess.

Its not a life changing medical condition though its not like they're having cancer treatment they're just hormonal. I guess next they want time off because they have PMS or because their dog died. Oh wait, someones tried that already.

Soldato
Much like man flu floors some men, and not others, should they all also get flexible working hours.
What a garbage comparison :rolleyes:.

Entirely sensible that an employer should be sensitive to health issues such as this, but singling it out with special treatment over other conditions is just red tape and inefficient. Progressive employers will probably already cover this with their flexible working policies.
I mean it affects literally half the population, it's a prime candidate to be singled out from other conditions.

Soldato
The common cold affects literally the whole population. But it isn't singled out.
You're advised to call in sick if you have a cold at a lot of places, you've got sick days, use them. You're also not experiencing cold symptoms at anywhere near the frequency menopausal woman are, 3-4 days of symptoms maybe 2-3 times a year.

For all the kick off in this thread it all sounds relatively mundane. Flexible working means giving them the option of working 11am-7pm instead of 9-5, not letting them do 20 hour weeks at full pay.

Back
Top Bottom