Poll: Singapore Grand Prix 2019, Singapore - Race 15/21

Rate the 2019 Singapore Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Just as well Lewis accumulated a lot of points in the first half of the season because Ferrari are really performing now.

There seems to be a trend forming that the Ferrari in Leclerc's hands is faster than the Mercedes, if only Ferrari hadn't shafted Leclerc so much in favour of Vettel at the start of the season.

Hasn't he had as many poles as Lewis and Bottas this year?

Without Ferrari messing up and his own mistake in Azerbaijan qually he'd easily be second in the championship

Permabanned
Lewis and Charles to wipe each other out tomorrow. They are great wheel to wheel but both getting the elbows out on this track could so very easily end in tears.

I wouldn't think or consider such a scenario if I were Mercedes... Hamilton has a 63-point lead, while the remaining races give a total of 182 points.

Soldato
Hamilton won't back down for this race, after the stewards' creative interpretation of rules at Monza. LeClerc will need to give him the appropriate space or there won't be a flag - there'll be a wall for both of them. Hamilton's got more than enough of a lead and car performance to show LeClerc how pointy his elbows are if he gets squeezed again. He said as much after Monza.

Either way, it could be a good race with potential for a few epic flash points.

Soldato
Nah 6 championships nearly in the bag with 1 more year guaranteed that the Merc will be a title contender and Schumachers wins and titles records in sight he’s not quitting! He’s contracted at Merc till the end of 2020.

I wonder if he’ll fancy a gamble in the red car in 2021 as well, seems a good fit. Think he’ll do another 2 seasons at least.

Soldato
Hamilton won't back down for this race, after the stewards' creative interpretation of rules at Monza. LeClerc will need to give him the appropriate space or there won't be a flag - there'll be a wall for both of them. Hamilton's got more than enough of a lead and car performance to show LeClerc how pointy his elbows are if he gets squeezed again. He said as much after Monza.

Either way, it could be a good race with potential for a few epic flash points.

That's my feeling, he won't want to drop points, but if the situation arises he will likely show he's no push over. He was crowding other kids off of race tracks before Charles was even a twinkle in his daddys eye, and has taken that call in Monza a little to heart I feel.

The Ferrari could just run off into the distance with some caution to the wind laps first stint though.

Soldato
After many many years it seems the upgrades and developments Ferrari have made in the middle of the season have worked, hopefully we can see more competitive racing now and not just Mercs driving off into the distance.

Don
The Ferraris have consistently struggled with tyre wear this year. They struggled with it im Monza too, if not for the straight line speed then Hamiton would have passed Leclerc last race.

On a high-wear track like Singapore I expect we'll be back to the usual games this week. I'd like to see a close race though

Man of Honour
The Ferrari could just run off into the distance with some caution to the wind laps first stint though.

It’ll be interesting. The mercs best strategy is to stay with Ferrari for the first stint, out early, undercut and then just manage the tyres and hold position. The Ferrari is still sliding a lot in the traction zones, they’ll kill their tyres if they push too hard. A safety car will probably decide things though.

Ferrari could even finish behind RB.

Soldato
Lewis and Charles to wipe each other out tomorrow. They are great wheel to wheel but both getting the elbows out on this track could so very easily end in tears.

These new boys, don't seems nearly as good at clean overtakes defending as some of the older guard.

Look back at some of the moves between lewis and kimi on each other, and they always left enough room, and defended well but not overly aggressive.

Caporegime
These new boys, don't seems nearly as good at clean overtakes defending as some of the older guard.

Look back at some of the moves between lewis and kimi on each other, and they always left enough room, and defended well but not overly aggressive.

Isn't this just experience? I'm pretty sure the old guard were just as bad when they were new.

Caporegime
Without Ferrari messing up and his own mistake in Azerbaijan qually he'd easily be second in the championship

Not just that but a few of the earlier races they were putting Leclerc on a subpar strategy and leaving him out longer on worn tyres losing lots of time to get him out of the way of Vettel. I think at the start of the season there was probably some contractual obligation that Vettel got number one treatment and somewhere along the line Ferrari have said to him "we've kept our end of the bargain but you're not keeping yours by performing like a number one" so now we're going to treat both drivers equally.

Caporegime
Going to be a cracking race
Hamilton really pulled it out of the bag. Great work by leclerc. As many of us said earlier on, ferrari were idiots to back vettel.
They said on C4 vettel has never won a race from anything other than first 3 (positions or rows, I can't remember),but says a lot.

Looking forward to Hamilton trying it on with leclerc and getting a penalty so we can all go back to confirming leclerc got away with it being in monza! I hope that's wrong however. Could be some exciting drama!

Clear number 1 forming in top 3 teams. Hamilton, leclerc and verstappen.

Dissapointed by the Renault going to back. Might a well not race and save the engine. That's what seems sensible option

Soldato
Going to be a cracking race
Hamilton really pulled it out of the bag. Great work by leclerc. As many of us said earlier on, ferrari were idiots to back vettel.
They said on C4 vettel has never won a race from anything other than first 3 (positions or rows, I can't remember),but says a lot.

Looking forward to Hamilton trying it on with leclerc and getting a penalty so we can all go back to confirming leclerc got away with it being in monza! I hope that's wrong however. Could be some exciting drama!

Clear number 1 forming in top 3 teams. Hamilton, leclerc and verstappen.

Dissapointed by the Renault going to back. Might a well not race and save the engine. That's what seems sensible option

It is true he hasn't, but he has a few great drives from the back of the grid/pit lane to finish on the podium. There is still probably no-one better at starting on pole and just buggering off, never to be seen again. He is prone to mistakes when it matters though as has been shown at Red Bull and he's not a complete enough driver to grab the car by the balls and race in the pack against similarly paced cars/drivers

Back
Top Bottom