"Islam is right about women"

Associate
NPC is an excellent way to describe SJW's, they repeat the ideaologies of whatever cause they've decided to latch onto instead of their own thoughts, hence just like NPC's they are scripted to a few sentances.

It's a term that lazy people on the internet use to try and devalue the other persons views rather than trying to counter their arguments. Dislike someones viewpoint ? Can't be arsed to actually debate the point ? want to just throw in a dig instead ? Just call them an 'NPC'.

I find it amusing how many people who use the term are anti 'woke' culture and yet calling other people NPC's is exactly that. "Everyones an automated bot apart from me, im so enlightened and don't follow the trend" as they and thousands others all the post the same meme on mass without any hint of self awareness or irony.

Caporegime
Not difficult really. Islam is not right about women. That doesn't make me a bigot. It means Islam is not right about women. If you disagree with me, you are wrong.

Soldato
OP is way off with the binary choices he thinks are the only ones.

What if I tell you I would read it and immediately think the person writing the signs is a massive ******.

Does that spoil the ever so cunning plan if people decide the messenger has no innocence and is pushing an agenda worth despising.

Caporegime
It's a term that lazy people on the internet use to try and devalue the other persons views rather than trying to counter their arguments. Dislike someones viewpoint ? Can't be arsed to actually debate the point ? want to just throw in a dig instead ? Just call them an 'NPC'.

Perhaps in some cases, it can however be applicable for the reasons the other poster has given - an example is say the recent black face controversy in Canada, context gets ignored and a whole **** storm emerges in part because of an almost automatic/reflect like reaction from some on social media.

Associate
It's a double think connundrum designed to catch NPCs out. On the one hand you're islamophobic if you disagree, on the other you're a misogynist if you agree.
NPCs will then get stuck in an endless loop.

Last edited:

RDM

RDM

Soldato
It's a double think connundrum designed to catch NPC's out. On the one hand you're islamophobic if you disagree, on the other your a misogynist if you agree.
NPC will then get stuck in an endless loop.

I’m old and have played DnD for years. Using the term NPC to talk about real people makes you seem a bit weird. Can’t you just stick to sheeple or SJW and not co-opt another word?

Soldato
I did actually meet a real NPC one time, at a metro station. I was intending to buy a ticket at the station at about 10pm. Out of nowhere a staff NPC appeared and gave me a spiel about the ticket options and nearby stops. Very helpful NPC but did not deviate from his script or entertain any small talk. I looked back at the machine and said something to him and he had vanished.

Man of Honour
I did actually meet a real NPC one time, at a metro station. I was intending to buy a ticket at the station at about 10pm. Out of nowhere a staff NPC appeared and gave me a spiel about the ticket options and nearby stops. Very helpful NPC but did not deviate from his script or entertain any small talk. I looked back at the machine and said something to him and he had vanished.
I had one last week. Girl in Argos insisted on talking me through the credit options available for my £50 purchase and whether I wanted a store card. It was a full on speech. I opted ‘no thank you’ several times.

She then turned around to get my purchase and then glitched backwards into the service counter. Had to re-enter the shop. Fml.

Last edited:
Associate
Well if I believed you then i'd have to call you a liar.

What if your realisation of my lying is also a lie? Is this an ad infinitum paradox of relative truth? Can we summarise that relative truth is inconsistent unless it is absolutely true? Absolute truth being the arbiter of truth, the transcendental other, that permeates the entire substrate of this universe. Like an omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent energy. Like a God. :p

Back
Top Bottom