What "man jobs" have you done today?

Associate
Re painted the spare room to white had to do 3 coats to hide the blue. Got a little tv unit built, tv up on the wall and a few pictures hung. Finally done.
Just need to sort out some trunking for those cables or hide them, blinds and curtains and one day a bigger tv.
9wHMWwt.jpg
FjwToHf.jpg

apg

apg

Associate
Re painted the spare room to white had to do 3 coats to hide the blue. Got a little tv unit built, tv up on the wall and a few pictures hung. Finally done.
Just need to sort out some trunking for those cables or hide them, blinds and curtains and one day a bigger tv.
9wHMWwt.jpg
FjwToHf.jpg

Cool little setup and I like the carpet. Where is the chair from?

Soldato
IMG_3469.jpg

IMG_3473.jpg

I was tired of having my grill perched on the end of my patio so I dug up a patch of lawn next to the AC units for it to live. Just need to strip the grill and table down and give everything a good clean

Associate
I was tired of having my grill perched on the end of my patio so I dug up a patch of lawn next to the AC units for it to live. Just need to strip the grill and table down and give everything a good clean

That looks great, but aren't you running the risk of melting the plastic overhang when you open the Q? I guess you grill with the lid on for the most part, but i'd think that the heat wouldn't dissipate sufficiently in the 3-4 feet between grill and overhang!

Soldato
I fitted a cheap wifi CCTV camera to my summer house - Had it two days now and only got it working after me and mate failed - we gave it to his wife and she set it up in 10 min - Then I found it had over written my network with a unknown network - did a restore back a week and it all works - so today its now fitted to side of summerhouse but now I find the motion sensor keeps putting the led lights on all the time - Tomorrow a bit of gaffa tape on sensor should stop it. - It's not a patch on my Hikvision ones but it is a experiment as we have found out that an application for planning permission has been put in for a load of social housing at the bottom of the garden.

Soldato
That looks great, but aren't you running the risk of melting the plastic overhang when you open the Q? I guess you grill with the lid on for the most part, but i'd think that the heat wouldn't dissipate sufficiently in the 3-4 feet between grill and overhang!
Nah, it's been on my covered patio that has a plastic ceiling for the past 3 years without any issues. It's been well over 750F (temp gauge only goes up to 750 and it was maxed out) there too without issues.

I rarely use it for any high-temp cooking, it's main use is for pork butts and ribs and you can touch the outside of the grill at those temps without burning yourself.

Don
I built this:

8lbBp5A.jpg

It's a 14x8 XL workshop shed from Tiger Sheds. Haven't finished the front edge of the roofing but the rain was coming at I just wanted it on before I packed in for the day.

View attachment VFQ1DtW.jpg

V mesy inside because the priority was just getting everything back inside from the old shed.
The next job will be to Celotex the walls and then plasterboard on top. Carpet tiles for the floor and kitchen units and worktop all around.

Build quality is OK rather than outstanding. It really needs another 2 roof A-frames so I'll knock some up next weekend before I put the ceiling up.
We elected to screw it together rather than use the supplied nails.

Soldato
I built this:

8lbBp5A.jpg

It's a 14x8 XL workshop shed from Tiger Sheds. Haven't finished the front edge of the roofing but the rain was coming at I just wanted it on before I packed in for the day.

View attachment VFQ1DtW.jpg

V mesy inside because the priority was just getting everything back inside from the old shed.
The next job will be to Celotex the walls and then plasterboard on top. Carpet tiles for the floor and kitchen units and worktop all around.

Build quality is OK rather than outstanding. It really needs another 2 roof A-frames so I'll knock some up next weekend before I put the ceiling up.
We elected to screw it together rather than use the supplied nails.
Very interested to see how this goes as I'm planning similar soon. Have a 12' x 12' space and I don't care for gardening. Figured I would build the biggest shed I can, insulate and plasterboard inside to make a den/workshop. Hoping to make it habitable enough for guitar and gaming.

Do you mind sharing rough ideas of costs?

Don
Sure.
Shed was £1200 with glass windows
I needed 300kg concrete, paving slabs, etc for the base: About £200
Plasterboard about £120
Celotex or similar 50mm at around £250
Carpet tiles £100
Lighting, sockets, wiring, etc. £100

I reckon I'm at just over £2k at the moment and am expecting to spend another £1k on units and worktops.

Build time: The base took a day to lay the concrete and excavate. Then a day to cement in the slabs. Shed took me and 4 mates a day to put up.

Back
Top Bottom