G.Skill trident z neo

Associate
Hi

I've been looking for some memory for my Ryzen 3900x, and stumbled upon this thread. I've not overclocked memory before so I was wondering what peoples thoughts would be on overclocking the Corsair Vengeance LPX modules I already have. The kit is 64GB dual rank CMK64GX4M4B3333C16 version 4.31, which, apparently is Samsung B-die kits.

I'm looking to run these at 3600 C16 (Or better) but have no idea on how to do this properly, I have the AMD 3900x and ROG Crosshair VIII Formula motherboard.

Any thoughts on how I can go about this, or, if I should probably look for new/other memory?

PS: I require 64GB for work purposes, but, would like to run at 3600 or 3733 if I can (for gaming/e-peen purposes)

Thanks for reading!

Associate
Hi

I've been looking for some memory for my Ryzen 3900x, and stumbled upon this thread. I've not overclocked memory before so I was wondering what peoples thoughts would be on overclocking the Corsair Vengeance LPX modules I already have. The kit is 64GB dual rank CMK64GX4M4B3333C16 version 4.31, which, apparently is Samsung B-die kits.

I'm looking to run these at 3600 C16 (Or better) but have no idea on how to do this properly, I have the AMD 3900x and ROG Crosshair VIII Formula motherboard.

Any thoughts on how I can go about this, or, if I should probably look for new/other memory?

PS: I require 64GB for work purposes, but, would like to run at 3600 or 3733 if I can (for gaming/e-peen purposes)

Thanks for reading!

This came up on a google search I was doing, so on the off chance its still relevant to you (or others), I have that exact kit, however I'm using it split over 2 B450 ITX boards running 2x16gb each @ 3800mhz 16-16-16-32-48-1T. The memory kit is very capable of the speeds you want, the problem will be running 4x16gb at that speed. I would expect 3466mhz to be easy, 3600mhz to be possible but anything higher will need some real hard tuning of the turn around timings and secondary timings in bios and would cost you performance. The gain in performance from Fabric and Fclock would be reduced because of this, so you're in to diminishing returns. Board choice will be a huge factor, you'll have to research it and find a board with T-Topology memory layout, daisy chain will not like 4x16gb over 3200mhz. It would be easier to hit higher frequency with Micron E-die, but TRCDRD would need to be 19 or higher, TRC around 70, TRFC 630 or 700 so the timings are looser and latency goes up quite a bit (3 to 4ns). Good luck! :)

Back
Top Bottom