*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Soldato
Well I got my 3 weekly postal offer from Sky. Get this deal, Sky Entertainment/Sports/Cinema for 18 months @ £35pm, Wow just Wow, great deal from Sky. Only problem is I cant get it, because, only available to people who are less than 18 months away from Sky. I am almost 2yrs away from Sky and they keep sending me these useless offers.

Soldato
Trying to upgrade from Sky HD with multiscreen to Sky Q with 1 mini box and it's taken 45 minutes on the phone to be told they can't give me the same price as a new customer.

If I upgraded from 2x Sky HD to Sky Q + 1 Mini, I assume all my recordings will be lost as they are new boxes?

New customer (on the Sky site) is £60 per month + £70 one-off fee. Best I have been offered is £68 per month + £20 one-off fee. If I try to "upgrade" via my account when logged in it offers zero discount and wants to charge me £99.50 per month + £70 one-off fee. Daft. It's only £99.50 because I let the previous deal lapse a couple of months which was substantially cheaper.

Those prices are for Sky Q 2TB, 1 Mini Box, Multiscreen and "The All-together Bundle".

Caporegime
Trying to upgrade from Sky HD with multiscreen to Sky Q with 1 mini box and it's taken 45 minutes on the phone to be told they can't give me the same price as a new customer.

If I upgraded from 2x Sky HD to Sky Q + 1 Mini, I assume all my recordings will be lost as they are new boxes?

New customer (on the Sky site) is £60 per month + £70 one-off fee. Best I have been offered is £68 per month + £20 one-off fee. If I try to "upgrade" via my account when logged in it offers zero discount and wants to charge me £99.50 per month + £70 one-off fee. Daft. It's only £99.50 because I let the previous deal lapse a couple of months which was substantially cheaper.

Those prices are for Sky Q 2TB, 1 Mini Box, Multiscreen and "The All-together Bundle".
You asked me for a code, are you a new customer?

Associate
We've cancelled. After doing an assessment of what we watch, the majority is on freesat/freeview. The only other thing that's watched is football. I'll probably do NowTV with a friend for that.

Associate
Being honest I think thats a poor deal, this HD thing is an absolute joke, in this day and age HD should be a given and cost nothing and UHD should be a small charge. I really am rapidly going off the thought of going back to sky. Some more competition in the tv market is Required.

went back on the chat, go it down to 62.00 - they will not budge with HD - well the ones i talk to wont. so how does it work anyway the pack we have now they first offered us 74, now its 62 with in a few weeks wtf goes in it skys world. The sky box, website and sky app offers section all show different prices for addon packs an example is sky cinema box says £9 extra for 18 months, website says £17 extra for 18 months the app free for 3 months.

Soldato
I was due to speak to Sky this month as my offers were due to expire next month (12 and 18 month deals) but they actually have put the Sports/HD and another deal back on and sent me a letter informing me and without me having to instigate anything, which is nice.
This has been happening to my parents for the last couple of years & they're very happy about it!

Soldato
Just tried to whittle mine down to Entertainment and HD and they offered £23 a month for 18 months. Way too expensive for what is essentially a HD PVR.

Snap!

Well actually, they quoted me £32/month. :p

I've just ordered a HDHomeRun CONNECT QUATRO which arrives today. If I can team it up with Plex and get a decent performance from it, I'll be happy to pay for any premium stuff from Amazon Prime Video like Hayu [wife has expressed interest in that] and the odd movie here and there.

Soldato
A date for your diary
Your Sky TV will be set up on:
05/10/2019 between 12pm and 5pm.

We're doing everything we can to get you set up quickly
Hello JAMES
Thank you for bearing with us while we arrange everything for your set-up. You'll find the date on the right. It won't be too long before you will change the way you watch TV forever.
You don't need to do a thing
We'll be in touch again nearer the set-up day with everything you need to know
However, if you want to track your order, simply go to MY ORDER TRACKER with your Sky iD ( No there is nothing about my order in there) (you can create one there first - it only takes a few minutes).
Thanks for choosing Sky Q.

The Sky Team

Above message from Sky after I placed an order for Sky Entertainment with a 2TB SkyQ box and £75 up front cost. I have an account number/Sky ID and they have taken my £75 up front payment from my bank account. Does this make me a customer, you would think so, I placed this order on the 5th Sept. Now, Sky have an upgrade offer, for existing customers, for Sky sports for £15pm for 18 months on their website so I thought I will add that upgrade to my Sky Entertainment package today the 23rd Sept, nope the website will not accept the order! And to rub salt into the wound I received yet another postal offer for Sky Entertainment/Sports/Cinema for £35pm for 18 months which I am not eligible for, AGAIN. Nothing seems to work as it should on their website, its a wonder they have any customers at all. And to finish, my name is not JAMES.

John
PS I think I might be making a mistake!

Last edited:

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
If it hasn't been installed yet you can still cancel can't you? Iirc, doesn't the cooling off period start from installation rather than order date?

If so, just cancel and go with the postal offer.

Soldato
I placed this order on the 5th Sept.

https://www.sky.com/shop/__PDF/Sky_Q_contract.PDF
Cancellation period: You have the right to cancel your order for TV services, a Sky dish, a Sky Q box, other products (e.g. extra remote controls) or any DVD or Blu-ray purchased with any content via Sky Store (where you had the option to purchase a digital only version of the content) without giving any reason any time up to 14 days (“cooling off period”) from the later of: (i) delivery; (ii) installation; or (iii) confirmation in writing of the relevant terms and conditions for that product (which includes making the terms and conditions available to you in My Sky)

EDIT: :DYou will not receive a refund of any one-off fees for services already performed if you cancel an order after the service has been fully performed.

... should be ok

Last edited:
Soldato
If it hasn't been installed yet you can still cancel can't you? Iirc, doesn't the cooling off period start from installation rather than order date?

If so, just cancel and go with the postal offer.

Thanks for the advice guys, yes you are correct I can cancel up to 14 days after installation and may well do, however, Kol you probably dont know this but Sky keep sending me these postal offers which look great but ultimately I am not eligible for as I am 2yrs away from Sky and it has to be 18 months or less, think Sky have a thing about 18 months LOL. I think they know exactly when I left and send me these offers knowing full well I dont qualify.

Soldato
Got down to one of the final days of my contract with sky then went to sky.com/reviewmyoptions to get an offer from live chat. They offered me £51 a month from £56 a month for the full tv package with skyq ultrahd. Thought that was a good deal but removed sky kids and sky cinema as I have no use for either to get it down to £45 a month. All in all I'm happy.

Soldato
I've just ordered a HDHomeRun CONNECT QUATRO which arrives today. If I can team it up with Plex and get a decent performance from it, I'll be happy to pay for any premium stuff from Amazon Prime Video like Hayu [wife has expressed interest in that] and the odd movie here and there.

In the process of ditching VM and getting a Quattro myself for Plex.

Please post your thoughts here if you can:

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/hdhomerun-freeview.18865863/

Much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom