**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Thread ****

Associate
This, and using Nova instead of oneUI launcher has made a big difference.

I agree though. The battery life is awful

I have both of these turned off. Anyway my WiFi and Bluetooth isn't even on during the day. I am also using Nova as a launcher.

Its crap to be honest. I'm on 20% and it was fully charged at 7AM this morning. All I've used is some Skype (messaging, not calls or video) and some WhatsApp. So unless it remarkably gets better in the next couple of weeks and I will be selling it. I can't walk around with my charger all day.

Soldato
I have both of these turned off. Anyway my WiFi and Bluetooth isn't even on during the day. I am also using Nova as a launcher.

Its crap to be honest. I'm on 20% and it was fully charged at 7AM this morning. All I've used is some Skype (messaging, not calls or video) and some WhatsApp. So unless it remarkably gets better in the next couple of weeks and I will be selling it. I can't walk around with my charger all day.

Something is definitely wrong if your losing that much battery I'd either contact Samsung or take it to a Samsung service center , latter been preferred option as they will do a full diagnostic on it

I mine off charge at 6pm yesterday played a few games last night and I'm now on 53 % after few phones calls lots of whatsapp and a bit of gaming + general surfing today

Associate
It arrived and so far I am loving it..... what a screen. Got the wee fella to bed so now time to have a proper play. First noob question is how do you know which lens you are using when taking photos?..... I see you can switch between them using the tear drop icon but how do I know which lens is active?

Associate
It arrived and so far I am loving it..... what a screen. Got the wee fella to bed so now time to have a proper play. First noob question is how do you know which lens you are using when taking photos?..... I see you can switch between them using the tear drop icon but how do I know which lens is active?

If you pinch the screen you can see when each one activates.
0.5-0.9x = Ultrawide
1-1.9x = Standard
2.0x+ = Telephoto

Soldato
Trust me, after a while you'll know. The wide angle is very obvious (imo).
The one annoying thing (not sure if it's app or phone fault) is that in certain apps (Snapchat and WhatsApp are the worst offenders) is that when you open up the camera module it uses the same camera as previous. So if I have used wide angle for something I have to cycle through the lenses to get back to normal.

Associate
Still waiting for 45w charging, Samsung...https://www.samsung.com/uk/smartphones/galaxy-note10/accessories/ will a phone released by the competition (Mate 30 Pro) beat them to it with a 40w charger that comes in the box?

We're not talking about buying a future proof Tesla with tech yet to switched on. Infact due to Samsung upgrade program I may only have this for 11 more months. It's more out of principle that I'm annoyed than actually requirements.

Soldato
Still waiting for 45w charging, Samsung...https://www.samsung.com/uk/smartphones/galaxy-note10/accessories/ will a phone released by the competition (Mate 30 Pro) beat them to it with a 40w charger that comes in the box?

We're not talking about buying a future proof Tesla with tech yet to switched on. Infact due to Samsung upgrade program I may only have this for 11 more months. It's more out of principle that I'm annoyed than actually requirements.

I don't see the point in the 45w really just to shave a possible 10mins off a full charge kinda reminds me of HS2 ;) . When it can do it in 0-100 in 30mins then ok

Soldato
Main advantage of the 45w charger is the 0-40% charge times.. after that it evens out.

I just charge mine overnight on a cheap ass wireless charger with a 1A USB plug, takes nearly 3 hours to do a full charge which is perfect nice slow charge overnight.

Soldato
Main advantage of the 45w charger is the 0-40% charge times.. after that it evens out.

I just charge mine overnight on a cheap ass wireless charger with a 1A USB plug, takes nearly 3 hours to do a full charge which is perfect nice slow charge overnight.

Yeah same, I've turned off all fast charging as well so the battery doesn't heat up and will last longer.

Associate
Just bought one of these to replace my semi broken huawei mate 20 Pro.
Just having a case of buyers remorse trying to convince myself to un wrap it and not return it.

How is everyone finding the battery on these? The note 8 was really bad for myself.

Associate

Weekend [1A charging next to bed, though rarely used as typically top-up using the 25w boxed charger]

Weekday [15w wireless at work, I think that is up to 2A. Leave office at 100% so not charged at home at-all]

I'll say this, going from 80.9% screen-to-body ratio to 91% is epic, could never go back to anything less that 90. Also really can't be doing with notches but I skipped that gen with Mate 10 Pro to 10+ 5G

Soldato
I got the Whitestone today. A lot of money but damn what a difference! Can fully recommend it to anyone from a first impression.

Got mine last week, its amazing. Cracked it at the weekend though :( (I managed to throw it pretty hard at the floor whilst a number of beers in - it held up pretty well considering)

Just ordered another :o

Soldato
Did anyone on here opt for the Note 10 over the 10+? What are your thoughts?
I initially dismissed it (and the plus to an extent) but I have the itch now :p.
I know it's the poor relation but I don't mind the resolution (I'd probably run the plus in full hd anyway) and I definitely wouldn't miss the sd card expansion as the 256gb is plenty for me (I've barely made a dent in the 128gb storage on my S10e).
I've come round to the Note 10 moreso because it can be purchased for well under £700 if you shop around for the right deal. And I'm not sure how I would cope with the near as darn it extra inch between the Plus and my S10e!

Associate
A Note 10, especially when you're already on an S10 is a pretty pointless upgrade tbh.

It's an odd release anyway IMO, it's Note 10+ or don't bother, unless you're on an S6 or S7, then the Note 10 makes a bit of sense, but not much :D

Back
Top Bottom